Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arizona just got shafted « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 04, 2007, 04:32:11 PM

The same thing just happened in the Colts-Pats game. The odd thing is the officials were standing right there in both cases. Both calls were obviously out of bounds. Refs blow.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 04, 2007, 04:33:18 PM

The same thing just happened in the Colts-Pats game. The odd thing is the officials were standing right there in both cases. Both calls were obviously out of bounds. Refs blow.

Yeah...especially whistles...

#17 : November 04, 2007, 04:37:14 PM

You are making a big deal out of nothing... not even the Cardinals players and coaches were as pissed off over that play as you are... They knew the game should not have come to that.

That's hard to believe, seeing as that I'm not pissed off about it at all. I am amazed though, that so many of you whine like old women when things go against us, but have no problem whatsoever with the other team getting cheated. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

T

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 04, 2007, 05:58:54 PM

Finally the Bucs get a call! Who cares if our opponent got the shaft? What team are you guys rooting for. No wonder I stayed away from here, for awhile.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 04, 2007, 06:00:27 PM

You are making a big deal out of nothing... not even the Cardinals players and coaches were as pissed off over that play as you are... They knew the game should not have come to that.

That's hard to believe, seeing as that I'm not pissed off about it at all. I am amazed though, that so many of you whine like old women when things go against us, but have no problem whatsoever with the other team getting cheated. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

I think it's more a product of being a fan.  All I care about is the win. 

Turn your question around: why the hell would you care if Arizona got shafted?  The whole point is the Bucs get the win.  I don't care if they win ugly, pretty, or due to paying off the refs.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 04, 2007, 06:03:01 PM

I don't like to see any team lose on account of a bad call, no matter if they are playing against us or not. However, you really don't know how that call would have impacted the game. Managing your timeouts is critical, and today was the perfect example of that. Referees will make bad calls. That call today was bad, and Arizona would have won the challenge if they would have managed their time-outs better. You always try to keep at least one time-out until after the 2-minute warning; for that reason.

#21 : November 04, 2007, 06:05:03 PM

Turn your question around: why the hell would you care if Arizona got shafted?  The whole point is the Bucs get the win.  I don't care if they win ugly, pretty, or due to paying off the refs.

I care because allowing poor officiating is going to come back to bite us in the butt, that's why. If they can do it to them, they can, and will, do it to us again. When that happens, all of a sudden you'll care, but you'll have no right to complain about it.

T

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 04, 2007, 06:08:20 PM

Well the officiating usually evens itself out, especially with the Bucs historically getting shafted by the refs. So I say the refs still owe the Bucs for the 99 NFC title game. So they need to give us about 9,875 more calls to make it even. Enjoy the win my Buccaneer brothers!!!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 04, 2007, 06:12:34 PM

If that happened to the Bucs, and we have no time-outs outside of the 2-minute warning, I wouldn't like the call, but I'd have to accept Gruden and company being so foolish as to not keep a time-out until after the warning. That's the rule, and it's meant to be the rule for every NFL team.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 04, 2007, 06:19:08 PM

I care because allowing poor officiating is going to come back to bite us in the butt, that's why. If they can do it to them, they can, and will, do it to us again. When that happens, all of a sudden you'll care, but you'll have no right to complain about it.

No, that's where you're wrong.  I'll still complain.  You know why?  Because it will affect my Bucs.

That's sort of my point, punchy.  I'm not a fan of the NFL, or of the Cardinals.  I'm a fan of the Bucs.

#25 : November 04, 2007, 06:22:58 PM

And my point, punchy, is that what comes around goes around. If you don't care when it happens to someone else, then you've got no right to complain when it happens to you.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 04, 2007, 06:25:29 PM

And my point, punchy, is that what comes around goes around. If you don't care when it happens to someone else, then you've got no right to complain when it happens to you.

No right according to whom?

Again, I won't get upset if the Patriots beat the Colts today because the refs give them the game, or vice versa.

On the other hand, I would get very upset if the [whoever] beat the Bucs because the refs gave them the game.

Can you grasp that inherent contradiction?

#27 : November 04, 2007, 06:29:38 PM

Again, I won't get upset if the Patriots beat the Colts today because the refs give them the game, or vice versa.

On the other hand, I would get very upset if the [whoever] beat the Bucs because the refs gave them the game.

Can you grasp the fact that you have to protect the rights of others in order to preserve your own?

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#28 : November 04, 2007, 06:32:43 PM

Can you grasp the fact that you have to protect the rights of others in order to preserve your own?

I can grasp that in the context of passive resistance, empire building, and protectionist isolationism (or isolationist protectionism, if you went to that school).

But the sweet thing about these games, amigo, is that I'm neither protecting nor infringing upon the "rights" of anyone while watching the game and (here's the real point) rooting for the Bucs to win.

I just don't give even a casual damn if some other team gets screwed.  Though I'm sure my idiot buddies who are fans of other teams sure do.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 04, 2007, 06:33:42 PM

I'm not sure of all the grasping and whatnot, but the point is that it's the rule that you have to have a time-out to challenge outside of the final two minutes of a half or the game. The play could be horrible, everyone in the crowd might know it's horrible, the opposing team, the media, the people watching the television, everyone might think it's a horrible decision, but it's the rule. The Cardinals didn't have a time-out; because they used their alotted time-outs prior to the final two minutes. Therefore, they couldn't challenge the obvious wrong call. If the same thing happened to the Bucs, I'd be saying foolish Gruden for not managing the time-outs better. Bad calls will happen, and you have to be smart enough to thwart them before they come and bite you in the rear. You do that by game management. Arizona didn't have to use all their time-outs when they did, but they chose to do so, thus making it impossible to challenge the errored call on the field of play. It happens.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools