Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arizona just got shafted « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

#90 : November 06, 2007, 07:43:56 PM

This is a nonsensical thread. The fair fan complains about multiple calls going against their team in a big game. This was ONE call and they still would have had to go a long distance with just over two minutes to go and NO timeouts. The odds of them doing that are extremely remote.
The Rams 99 playoff game was completely different. And the crux of the 05 Redskins playoff game was NOT the Sheppard call. It was the Caddy fumble and TWO touch downs not called (resulting in an enemy TD), an Arrington fumble lost to us (that resulted in a TD for them) and Rice hitting Brunnell's arm forward (taking away a TD from us). One blown INT in Game 9 when they have all that distance to go is in NO WAY similar to three scores messed up in a playoff game.
To suggest that is again to be a PSEUDO Bucs fan. But one must get used to it. A large portion of our fan base continues to embarrass themselves,

Who exactly made that comparison? I can't seem to find it...

gone

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 06, 2007, 09:48:45 PM

I was at the game, and on the jumbo you couldn't really tell.  I was waiting for a review before I realised it wasn't coming.  Almost everyone here seems to think it was clear, so maybe I missed something, but it looked like an either/or thing.  Like Bett's in '05.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#92 : November 07, 2007, 12:39:29 AM

HE WAS OUT!!!!

How can you guys dispute that?

I watched it again today, and not a chance in hell he was in.

Get HD man.  It becomes more obvious then.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#93 : November 07, 2007, 09:09:29 AM

boid - i've got HD and could not see clear evidence either way.  i would say i have a pretty good track record of not being a homer and if they had a challenge left i'm sure they would have taken another look at it, but to say he was conclusively out with no doubt is a stretch.  what was clear is that the dirt that kicked up wasn't white like you'd expect from chalk or paint, it was clearly dark.  that being said - i've got a 55" HD Panasonic that says "who knows" for sure anyway.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#94 : November 08, 2007, 08:38:26 PM

'phist - when I watched it - while the picture was not clear - his foot was clearly past the boundry line.  JMVHO - based on my old eyes

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#95 : November 08, 2007, 08:41:55 PM

dbuc,

Glad you said that because these "older" eyes said he was out.

We got a tremendous break.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 08, 2007, 09:44:03 PM

I like getting breaks - bc I am a firm believer that breaks are the result of preparation and hard work..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#97 : November 10, 2007, 03:10:29 PM

I like getting breaks - bc I am a firm believer that breaks are the result of preparation and hard work..

As this thread shows, I'm all about the Bucs winning by any means possible, including bad calls that go their way.

With that said, how the hell is a "break" the result of "preparation and hard work?"  Whether the Bucs prepared and worked hard, or spent the week thinking about whether, given the national real estate slump, they should not continue pursuing their earn-at-home-realtor-licenses and pick up softshoe tap as a sideline instead, that has zero to do with a ref screwing a call up (royally).

In other words, when making that bad call, the ref didn't first consider whether the Bucs had practiced really hard during the past week and thought he'd reward them for it.  He just went ahead and made the call, preparation or bad or no preparation be damned.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arizona just got shafted « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools