Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : November 04, 2007, 06:07:11 PM

the offensive line is playing a key role. Taylor looked like a monster, its just AD breaks more tackles than him and he is much faster.

Talyor could never look like a monster..... please don't compare these two guys.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803e06db

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 05, 2007, 12:20:47 AM

lol...some people man, just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Calling the bears defense not a good defense? that's like calling the bucs defense average at best. the bears have been right there with us for just about the last 5-6 years. chester taylor is FARRRR from being a monster. AP makes things happen. When is the last time ANY RB ran for over 250 yards twice in a season, let a lone half a season. Just admit the guy could quite possibly be the best back in the league.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2007, 12:27:00 AM

Yeah we couldn't draft him because drafting him would have been forcing Gruden to admit he made a horrible mistake in drafting Caddy.. which I knew after the first 6 games of last year that he made the mistake.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 05, 2007, 02:48:33 AM

And people trashed me when I said we should look at drafting him... because we already have Caddy. Dont get me wrong I like Gaines, but having AD this year and Haloti Ngata instead would have been better.

Thats why this year best available player. I dont care if its a damn safety.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2007, 06:25:12 AM

lol...some people man, just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Calling the bears defense not a good defense? that's like calling the bucs defense average at best. the bears have been right there with us for just about the last 5-6 years. chester taylor is FARRRR from being a monster. AP makes things happen. When is the last time ANY RB ran for over 250 yards twice in a season, let a lone half a season. Just admit the guy could quite possibly be the best back in the league.
Have you seen the Bears defense of late? Their defintely not up to par.. Sorry but I think you should hop off his d!ck.. 

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 05, 2007, 07:44:54 AM

Yeah we couldn't draft him because drafting him would have been forcing Gruden to admit he made a horrible mistake in drafting Caddy.. which I knew after the first 6 games of last year that he made the mistake.
Yeah because the year before he was rookie of the year-- funny how fickle you haters really are. Even funnier is it it took you 6 games to put the blame on Caddy, but you never make mention of a rookie QB, no passing game, 8-9 man fronts, and poor OL play.
Yet this year Caddy's ypc back up again and he was starting to get going and goes down after a fluke play where his foot gets caught up akwardly and he is pummeled at the same time trying to make a cut. Freak accident yet you are trying to imply he equals a horrible mistake with hindisght due to injury. He was not injured at draft time you bafoon and most knowledgeable fans realize Caddy was drafted right wehre he was suppose to be drafted. With RBa glaring need in that draft who elsedid you propose since 2 other backs were already off the board.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 05, 2007, 08:46:10 AM

thats 2 good defenses hes ran over 250 yards on...and some people say he wouldn't make a difference on this team...
Yep, he would, considering our O-line is so great right?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 05, 2007, 08:58:49 AM

Yeah because the year before he was rookie of the year-- funny how fickle you haters really are. Even funnier is it it took you 6 games to put the blame on Caddy, but you never make mention of a rookie QB, no passing game, 8-9 man fronts, and poor OL play.
Yet this year Caddy's ypc back up again and he was starting to get going and goes down after a fluke play where his foot gets caught up akwardly and he is pummeled at the same time trying to make a cut. Freak accident yet you are trying to imply he equals a horrible mistake with hindisght due to injury. He was not injured at draft time you bafoon and most knowledgeable fans realize Caddy was drafted right wehre he was suppose to be drafted. With RBa glaring need in that draft who elsedid you propose since 2 other backs were already off the board.
I wanted Derrick Johnson in that draft over Cadillac Williams from the start. But I knew that Gruden would waste a pick on the offense, however it appears we may have a steal in Graham. But nonetheless Williams was a wasted pick.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 05, 2007, 08:59:34 AM

And people trashed me when I said we should look at drafting him... because we already have Caddy. Dont get me wrong I like Gaines, but having AD this year and Haloti Ngata instead would have been better.

Haloti Ngata would have been a hell of a pick, too.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2007, 09:00:35 AM

Haloti Ngata would have been a hell of a pick, too.

yep we would have our DT that we need bad, and a stud RB.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 05, 2007, 09:00:57 AM

I wanted Derrick Johnson in that draft over Cadillac Williams from the start. But I knew that Gruden would waste a pick on the offense, however it appears we may have a steal in Graham. But nonetheless Williams was a wasted pick.
Sure you did...then you'd cry about drafting someone to sit on the bench for a few years.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 05, 2007, 09:04:53 AM

MBF, Johnson would not have been sitting on the bench "for a few years", he would have sit for a few games his rookie year. This kid is a stud and is playing unlike our draft pick, who is out for this season and is probably gone for a good part of next season. I'm sure Cadillac is a nice kid, but he is no NFL player at this point.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 05, 2007, 09:05:27 AM

funny how I remember seeing a lot of people here saying NOT to draft Peterson...

Everyone can make themselves look smarter after the fact by saying they wanted to draft him, the FO is stupid, someone should be fired, etc...

Fact is, the majority of posters on this website did not want him before the draft, now they are claiming they knew all along how good he would be and that they said we should have drafted him.

blah blah blah!

There is more lies than truth around here lately...

LtFox

Starter

#28 : November 05, 2007, 09:26:37 AM

Its easy to say in hindsight that we should have drafted him but I don't blame the FO for not doing it. For one AP was considered injury prone coming out of college and we already have a top 5 pick invested in a RB. At the time of the draft it made sense not to draft him.

AP was considered injury prone and Caddy is on IR. How ironic.....

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2007, 09:31:56 AM

Saying you shouldn't draft Peterson because you already drafted Caddy is like turning down a date with Elle McPherson because you are already dating Rosie O'Donnell.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools