Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 05, 2007, 10:01:33 AM »

Yeah because the year before he was rookie of the year-- funny how fickle you haters really are. Even funnier is it it took you 6 games to put the blame on Caddy, but you never make mention of a rookie QB, no passing game, 8-9 man fronts, and poor OL play.
But what did he really accomplish in his rookie season? He was 13th in rushing yards, 20th in YPC compared to other starting caliber backs, and 18th in rushing touchdowns. Sure those are good numbers for the Bucs, but across the league that's a pretty pedestrian season. And oh yeah, AP gets Tarvaris Jackson to keep opponents from stacking the line. And in 2006 Chester Taylor had a better season for the Vikings than Cadillac has ever had for the Bucs.

Yet this year Caddy's ypc back up again and he was starting to get going and goes down after a fluke play where his foot gets caught up akwardly and he is pummeled at the same time trying to make a cut. Freak accident yet you are trying to imply he equals a horrible mistake with hindisght due to injury. He was not injured at draft time you bafoon and most knowledgeable fans realize Caddy was drafted right wehre he was suppose to be drafted.
Caddy's YPC was up from 2006 but was still lower than 2005. Whether he was injured at draft time is inconsequential. And three years later it doesn't matter where any player was "supposed" to be drafted. Ryan Leaf was "supposed" to be drafted #2, but do you want to explain that mess to your fans by saying Mel Kiper thought he was going to be good?

With RBa glaring need in that draft who elsedid you propose since 2 other backs were already off the board.
Top 5 draft picks HAVE to be best player available. Need doesn't matter.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #31 : November 05, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

funny how I remember seeing a lot of people here saying NOT to draft Peterson...

Everyone can make themselves look smarter after the fact by saying they wanted to draft him, the FO is stupid, someone should be fired, etc...

Fact is, the majority of posters on this website did not want him before the draft, now they are claiming they knew all along how good he would be and that they said we should have drafted him.

blah blah blah!

There is more lies than truth around here lately...

A lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon since they have seen him play...but hate, rasta and myself have been saying this since before the draft this year. so don't go generalizing us into that group. You pretty much have to be blind to say this kid wasn't going to be a stud before the draft...injury prone or not...he can't be touched on this level of football. hes ran for 1036 yards in 8 games. he averages 129.5 yards a game. That's Tomlinson like, but possibly better.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #32 : November 05, 2007, 02:04:36 PM »

Saying you shouldn't draft Peterson because you already drafted Caddy is like turning down a date with Elle McPherson because you are already dating Rosie O'Donnell.
So our FO are the only stupid ones for not drafting AP? Well, why didn't the Cards draft him? Ditto for Washington? Who needs Portis and James when you've got the world-beating AP? sure they invested alot in those backs, but so did we. Not comparing Caddy to those guys but if AP is as good as you hindsighters think he should easily start over those two.

« #33 : November 05, 2007, 02:11:59 PM »

A lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon since they have seen him play...but hate, rasta and myself have been saying this since before the draft this year.

Thanx brah. Anyone that has read ANY of my posts knows how i've felt about Carnell from day 1.

So our FO are the only stupid ones for not drafting AP? Well, why didn't the Cards draft him? Ditto for Washington? Who needs Portis and James when you've got the world-beating AP? sure they invested alot in those backs, but so did we. Not comparing Caddy to those guys but if AP is as good as you hindsighters think he should easily start over those two.

Who cares about the skins or the cards? We're talkin about our Bucs. We're the team with one offensive weapon. ONE!!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #34 : November 05, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »

A lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon since they have seen him play...but hate, rasta and myself have been saying this since before the draft this year.

Thanx brah. Anyone that has read ANY of my posts knows how i've felt about Carnell from day 1.

Who cares about the skins or the cards? We're talkin about our Bucs. We're the team with one offensive weapon. ONE!!!
I don't care about them either, but don't kill this FO because they're not the only ones who passed on him.

« #35 : November 05, 2007, 02:27:53 PM »

I don't care about them either, but don't kill this FO because they're not the only ones who passed on him.

So because 5 other teams passed on him, that makes it ok? That is some sorry logic you're using brah.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #36 : November 05, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »

What AP shows us clearly is that you take elite players regardless of position and worry about the consequences later. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #37 : November 05, 2007, 03:16:35 PM »

So because 5 other teams passed on him, that makes it ok? That is some sorry logic you're using brah.
Exactly. We want to use good teams as role models, not bad teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #38 : November 05, 2007, 03:34:37 PM »

To be honest, I have no problem with them taking a DE over a RB in general.  DE is a more premium position with a longer shelf life. 

But, if the argument is that you don't take Peterson simply because you already have a guy like Caddy, then that argument is pure baloney.  Matt Millen aside, you don't go wrong filling up your roster with Pro Bowl talent, regardless of position. 

The problem with passing up Peterson with regards to this particular regime was that legend has it Gruden was able to spot RB talent from a college like Villanova, yet apparently can't from a place like Oklahoma (or UCLA, or LSU, or Miami, or North Carolina, or Cal, or Minn, or the KC Chiefs, or his own roster).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #39 : November 05, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »

The problem with passing up Peterson with regards to this particular regime was that legend has it Gruden was able to spot RB talent from a college like Villanova, yet apparently can't from a place like Oklahoma (or UCLA, or LSU, or Miami, or North Carolina, or Cal, or Minn, or the KC Chiefs, or his own roster).
I laughed at this.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #40 : November 05, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »

exactly curt...if the RB is far greater a talent and your team could benefit more from the RB then you draft the running back. Esp. if your "feature" back has been playing like a 3rd stringer getting scrub playing time in 4th quarters up by 21

LA BUC

Starter

« #41 : November 06, 2007, 03:18:53 AM »

When we coach the senior bowl we miss out on the players who don't play in the senior bowl.  It happens every time.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #42 : November 06, 2007, 08:43:07 AM »

funny how I remember seeing a lot of people here saying NOT to draft Peterson...

Everyone can make themselves look smarter after the fact by saying they wanted to draft him, the FO is stupid, someone should be fired, etc...

Fact is, the majority of posters on this website did not want him before the draft, now they are claiming they knew all along how good he would be and that they said we should have drafted him.

blah blah blah!

There is more lies than truth around here lately...

I wanted him, Gaines Adams or CJ and I stated that numerous times before the draft.

« #43 : November 06, 2007, 09:03:45 AM »

I didnt want Gaines and I stated that MANY times before the draft.

On another note, heres a list of all rbs that have rushed for 200+ yds:

O.J. Simpson  6 
Tiki Barber  5 
Jim Brown  4 
Earl Campbell  4 
Barry Sanders  4 
LaDainian Tomlinson  4 
Eric **CENSORED**erson  3 
Terrell Davis  3 
Marshall Faulk  3 
Jamal Lewis  3 
Corey Dillon  6 
Walter Payton  2 
George Rogers  2 
Gerald Riggs  2 
Edgerrin James  2 
Ricky Williams  2 
Shaun Alexander  2 
Larry Johnson  2 
Clinton Portis  2 
Willie Parker  2 
Adrian Peterson  2 

None of them did it twice in their rookie yr.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools