Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad Taste « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
: November 04, 2007, 04:18:11 PM

Im usually the last person to complain about anything when the Bucs win, but I felt a little disgusted about some of the things that I saw there today.

You make a 9 minute drive, and you drop an absolute gimme in the endzone. And how about that FG, 25 yards or whatever, and nowhere near.

Then, what in the heck is Trueblood doing. I thought he'd got over rookie immaturity by now, apparently not. Shame, because hes been playing great this year.

Argh I just cant believe that game. AGAIN we should have done this and that yet we dont. Thank F*** we won because if we had lost that one then the season would have been over.17-3 should have become 20-3 AT LEAST, and probably more.

At least we have a bye week now. The lack of execution I've seen by the offense these past 3 weeks is absolutely horrendous and its about time those guys got a rest to reflect on some of the errors they've made. I hope we can get some of those injured guys back now and push on. If we want playoffs, the execution simply has to be a lot better.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2007, 04:19:18 PM

Barrett RUUUUUUUDDDD

had 1 tackle

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 04, 2007, 04:23:10 PM

We need a break for sure, hell, I need a break.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2007, 04:24:57 PM

We need a break for sure, hell, I need a break.

I hear that.  The bye is MUCH needed for my sanity...especially the W going into it.

Admirebucs

Starter

#4 : November 04, 2007, 04:26:27 PM

I think the bye is coming at a great time.....Gruden is usually great with the bye and we need to come down and re focus

#5 : November 04, 2007, 04:42:21 PM

Im usually the last person to complain about anything when the Bucs win, but I felt a little disgusted about some of the things that I saw there today.

You make a 9 minute drive, and you drop an absolute gimme in the endzone. And how about that FG, 25 yards or whatever, and nowhere near.

Then, what in the heck is Trueblood doing. I thought he'd got over rookie immaturity by now, apparently not. Shame, because hes been playing great this year.

Argh I just cant believe that game. AGAIN we should have done this and that yet we dont. Thank F*** we won because if we had lost that one then the season would have been over.17-3 should have become 20-3 AT LEAST, and probably more.

At least we have a bye week now. The lack of execution I've seen by the offense these past 3 weeks is absolutely horrendous and its about time those guys got a rest to reflect on some of the errors they've made. I hope we can get some of those injured guys back now and push on. If we want playoffs, the execution simply has to be a lot better.

Dungy ball....thats what I saw today

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2007, 04:45:15 PM

More like Gruden ball with more runs. We always find a way to screw it up when we move inside the 20. Running the ball was the best thing we could have done as shown in the Graham TD.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 04, 2007, 05:29:28 PM

I must admit I was nervous when the cardinals picked up some momentum in the 4th.  If we had blown that, I'd be off the Skyway in a heart beat...

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#8 : November 04, 2007, 06:58:22 PM

I blame Gruden for the Smith dropped td and the bryant missed FG!!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 04, 2007, 07:09:31 PM

Yep, was a little nervous there coming down the stretch. Seemed to be unraveling there for a few minutes and if not for Phillips' interception (thankfully Arizona had no TOs to challenge), who knows what may have happened. This has troubled me the past few weeks, not being able to finish. Got to close these games out.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 04, 2007, 07:17:45 PM

Smith had been hobbling all game.  He dropped a pass that I could have caught in the endzone for the win.  It happens.  What also happened was a perfect playcall (up yours, BornaBuc) with perfect execution on all parts except for Smith.

As to Trueblood, while you hate to see penalties, it's also been, oh, forever, since we had that fire on the line.  I'd trade Kenyatta's hands to the face for True's you-cheapshot-me-I-will-take-your-head-off mentality in a heartbeat.

Look at it this way: of our last four games, we've won two we arguably should have lost, and lost two we definitely should have won.  That's what mediocre/not-quite-there teams do.  So we're not a good team yet. 

You know what the good news is, though?  We're also not a bad team, which we sure as hell should be, given the record last year and injuries this year.

graypilgrim

Starter

#11 : November 04, 2007, 07:41:55 PM

Maybe not, but how about coming out of a time out and having 12 men on the field? How about 1st and 10 inside the 20 and then BAM - 2 false starts in a row and now it is 1st and 20 outside of the 20. That is coaching.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2007, 07:46:29 PM

I blame Gruden for things like the Smith dropped pass.  It may sound absurd on the surface, but when you realize that plays like that are far from being an isolate incident, you realize they are a real indictment of the Head Coach.  Gruden has to fix this, and fix it fast. 

Also, the playcalling downright stunk today. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 04, 2007, 07:49:40 PM

LMAO...OBD

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 04, 2007, 08:03:43 PM

Gruden can tell Alex Smith to go out and catch the ball but the rest is up to Alex Smith.

What more do you want Gruden to do?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad Taste « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools