Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stovall's hit - Talk about laying the wood « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 05, 2007, 04:32:48 AM

I know i was laughing about that after it happened

Funny thing, though, as much as I was chewing out Gruden for calling that quick pass to Galloway, if he doesn't call that and Joey doesn't drop it, the clock likely winds down below 2 minutes. Arizona had to take a time out -- their last one -- on the next play. Then Phillips intercepts the ball and since there was 2:36 left, no automatic booth review and Arizona can't challenge 'cause no timeouts left. Oops.
Funny how things work out like that.

thanson

Starter

#16 : November 05, 2007, 03:01:09 PM

I loved it. This team is showing more and more glimps of what it used to be

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#17 : November 05, 2007, 03:10:28 PM

that hit was the only thing positive in the Bucs last 3 minutes in the game.... rather than run the clock out, we gave the ball back to Warner and the AZ Cardinals twice in 3 minutes.... we had 6-7 plays of complete garbage and almost coughed up the game to them... ridiculous penalties, Youngblood's 2-year old tantrum, and when theres less than a minute left and we need to run clock, Gruden calls a quick sideline pass in one on one coverage... if the defender reads it properly, he intercepts for a TD and the game goes to overtime... why cant we run our 35 seconds, instead we run a ridiculous play like that, incomplete pass... and we get the ball back and were trying to hike and down the ball, the center somehow hikes it passed Garcia and Joey Gallow has to recover it 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage... Ive never seen worse football than the last 45 seconds of this game....

You were listening to Boselli too much, they stacked the line so a short pass was not a bad idea, those were some slopy plays on the kneel downs.

ilovebeer

Starter

#18 : November 05, 2007, 03:25:12 PM

Anyone have a clip of the hit?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2007, 03:52:55 PM

That kneel down was a botched call by the refs.  Wade did have the ball swatted, the announcers called it DURING the game.  If the BUcs would have gave up a score as a result of that, I would have been sorely pissed for at least three years...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 05, 2007, 04:01:28 PM

that could have been another bert emanuel no catch b/s call

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 05, 2007, 08:20:21 PM

saw the NFL network recap. They showed this hit like 5 times lol. Great job by the wideout from South Bend.

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2007, 01:29:18 AM

yeah if someone could somehow post it that would be great

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2007, 11:14:28 PM

Hey, where did you get that pic?

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 06, 2007, 11:15:31 PM

that could have been another bert emanuel no catch b/s call

Kind of like my Bama got screwed the other night against LSU! [banghead]  Sam Caddell made a great 45 yd. catch deep in LSU's territory and they said the nose of the ball moved! >:(

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 06, 2007, 11:16:30 PM

Hey, where did you get that pic?

On another board!  I should have known it was part of your great collection, but I had not seen yours as of yet!  I removed it due to it being one of yours as I didn't know?

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stovall's hit - Talk about laying the wood « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools