Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Better game for Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

: November 04, 2007, 08:55:40 PM

I (along with many others), have been vocally critical of Gaines "Bust" Adams so far this year.

Credit where credit is due -- he played a very good game today. Even though the defense wasn't on the field much, he had at least half a dozen times on passes where he was in creating pressure on Warner from the outside. He also made a very good play in coverage on a zone-blitz.

Today was the first game that I saw a lot of the potential for him everyone talks about. He needs to start finishing plays and be more consistent on every snap, but today was a good step in the right direction, IMO.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2007, 08:56:44 PM

Should be a big confidence boast for sure, hes going to rip Falcons tackles.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2007, 08:57:16 PM

I haven't seen the game yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Gaines dominate as soon as I can download the game from the internet.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 04, 2007, 08:58:56 PM

He made some nice tackles in the run game also.  And crushed Warner. ;D

BucsRule80

Starter

#4 : November 04, 2007, 08:59:07 PM

He was very impressive today! I hope he keeps up the good work and continues to show potential. I have never given up on him.

#5 : November 04, 2007, 09:00:00 PM

I give the little kid props, I saw him creating some nice havoc. Still, was hoping he had a sack.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

He used his hands well today with his swim move, but he didn't use the spin move effectively. He needs to work on the spin move, i seen him doing it like twice and it didn't work.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 04, 2007, 09:36:53 PM

Gaines had better production today, but he was not facing the quality he has had to face in many other games.  He showed some progress.  It was good to see.  He needs to keep it up, bc he has the physical ability to be something special.  We will find out if he is mentally strong enough in time

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#8 : November 04, 2007, 09:37:48 PM

I haven't seen the game yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Gaines dominate as soon as I can download the game from the internet.

Well you won't see him dominate but his game was much improved.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 04, 2007, 10:17:17 PM

He was much improved, but he couldn't have done much worse, in other words, he had no where to go but up.  I'm still not sure he'll ever become what we had hoped for, but he is making some progress into being a serviceable DE.  I was at the game, and watched Adams alot.  He did get some penatration but also gave up on alot of rushes when he was stymied on his first move.  He's still not even leading the league in effort.  It's very telling when we go gaga just because he gets a rush.  That's his job, and he supposed to be one of the best.  A long way to go, but he did get a whiff today.  Number 1 for Gaines is Sustained Rush-Don't Quit!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 04, 2007, 10:30:15 PM

I still think Adams is our LDE of the future.  He seems more of a Charles Grant than a Will Smith.  I'm not sure if either White or Chuk is good enough to be a solid RDE or if they are just rotational guys; it will definitely bear watching down the stretch.

LA BUC

Starter

#11 : November 04, 2007, 11:20:13 PM

Did the Vikes pick right after us?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2007, 11:34:56 PM

He was doubled more than a few times, played the zone well.  He had some nice pressures.

And Warner throws VERY fast.  Me and my lil bro just got done watching the game, and on one play we counted a replay in slo mo how fast he threw the ball.  Less than 2 seconds in SLO MO.  Warner plays like he is terrified, despite his fearless tag.  He has about the quickest release I have ever seen.

KUDOS to Gaines.  THAT is how he should be playing, and he played the run better than SIMEON has EVER done.

#13 : November 05, 2007, 12:41:09 AM

He is getting more and more comfortable and you can tell by the confidence he is gaining

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 05, 2007, 01:22:16 AM

A rotation of Adams ,White and Chukwurah will get us some pressures an d sacks in the near future,if  this trio has success in Atlanta their confidence should grow and inspire them...we're sure gonna need a lot of heat off the edge this second half of the season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Better game for Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools