Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pathetic Representation.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

light*beer

Rookie

: November 04, 2007, 10:14:52 PM

Embarassing and sad....

At the game today and had a couple of tickets to sell; I walked and talked, circled RayJay and ended up eating the tickets as I'm sure many others did ( I saw tickets overhead ALL OVER THE PLACE).  I saw tickets for sale everywhere  -- yet no one was there to buy them.  When I got in the stadium at kickoff I saw many-a-empty seat.  This is really hard to comprehend given the expectation coming off of a 4-12 season....we sit at 4-4 and in playoff contention at the mid-point of the season!

These fickle fans of Tampa Bay that abandon the USF Bulls wagon now opt out of supporting the long time home team and I just don't get it.

This was as quiet a home game as I can remember (and have been to just about every home game at Raymond James) so I ask.........whats up.????.whats the problem????  Where is the fan base going????

P f'n U [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2007, 10:15:35 PM

to Boston

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2007, 10:17:10 PM

Sounded loud on TV.

#3 : November 04, 2007, 10:22:53 PM

sad. The fan base where I am is so different, they are very positive and supporting.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2007, 10:26:56 PM

I've been saying this for a while now. They raised prices and talked about another season ticket deposit and the product on the field went down and now where's that 100,000 waiting list? It was a beautiful day too so no excuse other than the fans aren't happy with the progression of this team. It's not fickle, it's just hard for average fans to get hyped about mediocre football and a staff that isn't inviting to the media or the public. The Glazers will take notice when the bottom line drops.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ilovebeer

Starter

#5 : November 04, 2007, 10:28:05 PM

We were playing the cardinals.

#6 : November 04, 2007, 10:29:34 PM

That is a understandable reason. The aforementioned one is just ignorance.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 04, 2007, 10:32:22 PM

The team is in need of a new "franchise" type player.

I think the team was really hoping Chris Simms would step up to the plate and be the face of the franchise. He's the kind of guy that brings people back to a team -- young, dynamic, and had just led the team to the playoffs.

Its tough to get fired up about old men like Garcia and Galloway unless you're already a big time fan in the first place.

#8 : November 04, 2007, 10:34:56 PM

I've been saying this for a while now. They raised prices and talked about another season ticket deposit and the product on the field went down and now where's that 100,000 waiting list? It was a beautiful day too so no excuse other than the fans aren't happy with the progression of this team. It's not fickle, it's just hard for average fans to get hyped about mediocre football and a staff that isn't inviting to the media or the public. The Glazers will take notice when the bottom line drops.

It's obvious you hate them. With that said, YOU cannot speak for ALL FANS! Nope, unacceptable PERIOD. There is sooo  much to be excited about the future of this awesome team. The insurgence of the youth movement causing havoc on the field T-Jax, Stovall, Ruud, Adams etc. We have awesomeness and love with Gruden and Allen are doing.

Stop generalizing! You cannot speak for everyone but your bitter self.

light*beer

Rookie

#9 : November 04, 2007, 10:38:16 PM

Yeah, that's a helluva response.  Who cares who we're playing if you're a fan of the Bucs?  It wasn't long ago when people complained about the "true" fans being priced out of the stadium with the modern day requirements....B.S.!!!  

Today was the coolest (although still way too sunny for my liking) game of the season, with tickets galore around the stadium for $10-$20 per and....no takers?  

How 'bout' the fans of the game-----lovers of the NFL?  NAAHH!

I for one don't see the Glazers being real happy about season ticket renewals come the end of this season; 10 year deposits are up and some serious refunds will be dished out.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 04, 2007, 10:47:12 PM

The team is in need of a new "franchise" type player.

I think the team was really hoping Chris Simms would step up to the plate and be the face of the franchise. He's the kind of guy that brings people back to a team -- young, dynamic, and had just led the team to the playoffs.

Its tough to get fired up about old men like Garcia and Galloway unless you're already a big time fan in the first place.

I disagree- the defense was always the face of this franchise and we are watching it in the making all over again with youngsters like Ruud, Jackson, P Buc. I am fired up to see this defense again.

I am also stoked at how well the young OL is coming around-- And how can't you get excited for the 3rd string Florida product in Graham who has been Mr August for years and now finally gets his true shot and looks to be a damn solid all around back who hits the hole, gets tough yards, catches in the flats , and slobber knocks a LB on his azz in blitz pickup.

As for the older players-- how can't a Buc fan be thrilled a what Garcia brings to the table and who can't get up for Galloway blowing the doors offf cornerts and beating double teams at his age. The guy is incredible to watch.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 04, 2007, 10:49:33 PM

Yeah, that's a helluva response.  Who cares who we're playing if you're a fan of the Bucs?  It wasn't long ago when people complained about the "true" fans being priced out of the stadium with the modern day requirements....B.S.!!! 

Today was the coolest (although still way too sunny for my liking) game of the season, with tickets galore around the stadium for $10-$20 per and....no takers? 

How 'bout' the fans of the game-----lovers of the NFL?  NAAHH!

I for one don't see the Glazers being real happy about season ticket renewals come the end of this season; 10 year deposits are up and some serious refunds will be dished out.

Today was a sell out-- if the fans who bought the seats dont show thats on them--- obviously the true fans that had the two seats you had extra weren't all that true to those seats today.

BTW the sections I sit around were packed and loud and the stadium looked pretty packed. BTW announced attendance was 65,267 -- thats more than the home opener this season.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2007, 11:01:11 PM

The attendance was pretty much inline with the other home games thus far. 

Saints = 65,178
Rams = 65,267
Titans = 65,347
Cardinals = 65,267

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 04, 2007, 11:04:09 PM

It's obvious you hate them. With that said, YOU cannot speak for ALL FANS! Nope, unacceptable PERIOD. There is sooo  much to be excited about the future of this awesome team. The insurgence of the youth movement causing havoc on the field T-Jax, Stovall, Ruud, Adams etc. We have awesomeness and love with Gruden and Allen are doing.

Stop generalizing! You cannot speak for everyone but your bitter self.

Wow, you are really out there Closet! What is your passion for this team and where did that passion come from? You sound kinda wacky to be honest.

What part of my post was a generalization? I do know that in years past(1997 on) that you couldn't find a ticket for less than $100 to ANY game. You couldn't just go on ticketmaster and buy tickets the week of the game like you can now and you couldn't call the Buccaneers and buy season tickets for next season like you can now. Sorry, the fans have spoken with their wallets.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

LA BUC

Starter

#14 : November 04, 2007, 11:07:08 PM

41:00 T.O.P.  350 yrds and 2 ints  = 17 pts
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pathetic Representation.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools