Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Really missed Alstott today « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: November 04, 2007, 11:42:26 PM

No matter what anyone says about how his production has slipped and he might have been costing the team a roster spot, no one can tell me that this game wouldn't have ended a lot differently had Mike been healthy and able to play. With a 17-3 lead, on a 9-minute drive and an Arizona defense that was gassed and ready to give up, it was classic A-train time. I'm thinking he would have pounded out another TD and no one on that Cardinals defense would have wanted any part of tackling him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 04, 2007, 11:55:02 PM

Alex Smith dropping the ball is what cost the Bucs 6, not Alstott.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2007, 11:57:08 PM

I do think the Bucs would greatly benefit from Alstott playing this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2007, 11:59:42 PM

I do think the Bucs would greatly benefit from Alstott playing this year.
I think the BUcs benefit by having IKE catch the ball versus Jacksonville, and by Bryant not shanking the FG versus Detroit, and fumbling the ball on the goaline in Detroit as well.

It makes them 7-2.

Instead, they are 5-4.  Big change in the wind current.  The Bucs offense was GREATLY outproducing Jags or Lions O.  It was sad to watch them go down the drain like turds (AKA Bornaturds posts).

#4 : November 05, 2007, 12:01:27 AM

I still can't believe Garcia didn't run that ball in.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2007, 12:03:13 AM

me too....he had an easy first down.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 05, 2007, 12:03:48 AM

me too....he had an easy first down.
LOL.

First down...

LOL!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 05, 2007, 09:17:41 AM

Why?

He had guy WIDE OPEN in the endzone...I think everybody on the team would want him to throw the ball to a wide open receiver than risk getting hurt diving in the endzone.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2007, 09:24:04 AM

Garcia had an easy TD pass to a normally reliable receiver. I don't fault him in the least for pulling up and throwing the ball. If he knew what was going to happen would he have run it instead? Absolutely.

I've always been a big Mike supporter, but Alstott was not missed in that game.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 05, 2007, 09:30:46 AM

Giles would not have dropped that pass in the end zone.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2007, 09:50:58 AM

Giles would not have dropped that pass in the end zone.

Giles was a different type of cat and a great TE...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

The Q

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 05, 2007, 11:04:19 AM

The Receiver has to make that catch and probably would have 9 of 10 times. Don't put it on Garcia for not runnning it. He is the franchise now and he don't need to get hurt running around. That play was  on Smith. No Alstott needed. Old, slow, done.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 05, 2007, 12:11:08 PM

Why was Alstott missed?  He was there, patting Graham on the back and cheering the team on.

Watchman

Starter

#13 : November 05, 2007, 12:16:18 PM

The Receiver has to make that catch and probably would have 9 of 10 times. Don't put it on Garcia for not runnning it. He is the franchise now and he don't need to get hurt running around. That play was on Smith. No Alstott needed. Old, slow, done.

I don't blame Garcia for throwing the pass, that's what he's supposed to do.  But wasn't there a single Cards defender between Garcia and the endzone?  Oh, and Davin Joseph between the defender and Garcia.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 05, 2007, 12:53:29 PM

I know he was on the sidelines and cheering, etc. Just saying that situation was when he was at his best. If he has anything left to contribute, that would have been the time he could have played. I also thought he should have retired after last year, but he chose to play on and he could have been used yesterday.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Really missed Alstott today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools