Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Really missed Alstott today « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2007, 12:54:49 PM

he could have been used yesterday.

I disagree.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2007, 12:59:39 PM

And we could have really used Keyshawn Johnson the previous game since he was so good at catching balls in traffic.

Look, Alstott was a great player for us, but there's a reason he's on IR this year and probably done for his career.  By all means, respect what he did for us in his prime, but stop living in the past.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 05, 2007, 03:29:07 PM

I know he was on the sidelines and cheering, etc. Just saying that situation was when he was at his best. If he has anything left to contribute, that would have been the time he could have played. I also thought he should have retired after last year, but he chose to play on and he could have been used yesterday.

Seemed to me like Earnest Graham did exactly what Alstott would have done.  You said it yourself, it was a 9 minute drive.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 05, 2007, 03:46:28 PM

I love Alstott don't get me wrong and hope he comes back next year.  He isn't as good as he once was on Goaline situations but I still think hes an asset to the team.  If he does come back next year, I don't think it should be as a starter.  I feel that Askew is a better blocker, but NOT only that...but I felt the tandem of Cadillac and Pittman at RB and FB was pretty deadly.  Pittman is a hell of a receiving threat out of the backfield and I think we got ourselves a good situation for next year.

We'll have Caddy and Graham at RB.  We will then have Pittman and Askew at fullback.  I don't think Alstott will return, and am not sure if the Front office will even want him back.  It's basically comes down to Michael Bennett, free agent RB, draft pick RB, or Mike Alstott.

Due to Pittman's ability to play both positions, it looks like we'll just carry one true fullback in Askew.

And Alstott has nothing to do with our losses...  Injury to Pettigout and Caddy definetly do.  As good as Graham was the past 2 weeks, Caddy is a guy who can end a game.  We've been having to throw the ball to run out the clock.

SEAHAWKS LOSS- We played Seattle on the road.  Very tough game.  We missed Caddy for a half of a game and Garcia for a full quarter.  McCown was putrid.  When Garcia came back, we led a drive to within the Seahawks 10 yard line.  It was 20-6 at the time and Graham fumbled the ball away.  If we could have scored there with about 6 minutes left, who knows what could have happened.  But the quarter without Garcia was crucial.

COLTS LOSS- They are the Colts.  Our Defense didn't come to play and our offense had the ball for all but 3 plays in the whole third quarter.  If your defense is gonna let an opponents offense drive for 12 minutes at a time, your most likely gonna lose.  Only our Bucs will control the clock for over 40 minutes and make it interesting.

DET LOSS- TWO THINGS killed this game.  The fumbled at the 1st and goal from the one was deflating.  How on earth do you mess that snap up, I dont know, but that was deflating.  That wasn't the game though, we were still in it.  The game was when the Defense let the Lions drive 93 yards following that fumble.

JAX LOSS- I don't know what to say here.  But the defense let me down again.  We knew they were going to run the ball and they did.  Then they let Quinn Gray throw a go ahead touchdown pass.  Just don't understand it.  Ike Hilliards bobble on 4th down to end the game was pitiful too.  Don't get me wrong, Ike is usually clutch, but that was definetly not clutch.

In our 5 wins, we gave up 14 pts, 3 pts, 7 pts, and 10 pts(twice).  Jeff Garcia gives us a chance to win, certainly more then any other QB we've had since Brad Johnson, but if the D gives up over 20 points, we lose it seems.

All in all, I hope we rest up from the bye and beat the Falcons.  We can't afford to lose to the Falcons, when we have the Redskins and @New Orleans after them...

#19 : November 06, 2007, 02:03:47 AM

Brackins woulda caught that pass - EASILY.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 06, 2007, 07:47:59 AM

Turn the page, it's over. Thanks Mike.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#21 : November 06, 2007, 07:56:53 AM

that situation was when he was at his best. If he has anything left to contribute, that would have been the time he could have played.

Unfortunately Alstott has not been at his best for quite some time now.  The fact of the matter is that he has very little left to contribute at this point in his career, especially with neck injury concerns.

It has been bad enough to see so many of these kids injure a knee or an ankle.  I don't want to think about a more significant injury to the team and to the fans.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#22 : November 06, 2007, 07:59:12 AM

We'll have Caddy and Graham at RB. We will then have Pittman and Askew at fullback. I don't think Alstott will return, and am not sure if the Front office will even want him back. It's basically comes down to Michael Bennett, free agent RB, draft pick RB, or Mike Alstott.

It is not a given that we will have Caddy or Pittman next year.  Caddy may not be fully back from that injury and Pittman is a free agent if I am not mistaken.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2007, 07:59:26 AM

this game wouldn't have ended a lot differently had Mike been healthy and able to play.

Time to take the A-Train posters down, change your bed throw, and get some new PJs..............Let it go little brother, let it go.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#24 : November 06, 2007, 10:06:43 AM

too bad Leroy Selmon couldn't have suited up...i think our pass rush would be a lot better this year if we brought him back.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Really missed Alstott today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools