Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham > Caddy on TV « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: November 04, 2007, 11:46:04 PM

You can actually understand what Graham says in an interview..........most refreshing.   ;D

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 04, 2007, 11:50:12 PM

Hahaha, so very true.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 04, 2007, 11:50:49 PM

Graham is playing better than Caddy anyway.  He can actually CATCH a ball that comes into his immediate viscinity.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 04, 2007, 11:52:02 PM

Caddy speaks quite similarly to both Doug Williams and Derrick Brooks.   I agree, they are all very hard to understand.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 05, 2007, 12:02:36 AM

A UF grad. more locquatious and articulate than an Auburn attendee, and you're surprised?

Translated for Auburn fans:

A Gator that got him a deeploma speaks gooder than a feller that went to Auburn, and yous is sa-prized?

#5 : November 05, 2007, 12:03:59 AM

Graham is just all around better than Carnell. Shame we wasted a #5 pick on that guy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 05, 2007, 12:06:51 AM

Graham is just all around better than Carnell. Shame we wasted a #5 pick on that guy.

The play is Graham sluggo.

He runs sluggo.

Carnell the play is screen right.  He drops the pass because it hit him in the hands.

Graham the play is safety valve release center.  He catches a short pass.

Carnell the play is blast right.  He dances a bit and gets crushed for a NO GAIN.

It is sad Hate.  Graham is a little bowling ball out there.  He is completely unafraid of taking a lick, and he runs right into a spot.

I am suprised, and glad he is doing well.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 05, 2007, 12:15:28 AM

i'm glad most people are starting to come around and realizing that Carnell isn't that good. People said oh he's only getting more yards because he comes in later in the game, well now you're beginning to see that the holes are there they just weren't being seen or hit properly by Carnell. It's really sad to say that an un-drafted RB can out perform a top 5 pick. Good luck with your next team Carnell.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2007, 12:44:23 AM

i'm glad most people are starting to come around and realizing that Carnell isn't that good. People said oh he's only getting more yards because he comes in later in the game, well now you're beginning to see that the holes are there they just weren't being seen or hit properly by Carnell. It's really sad to say that an un-drafted RB can out perform a top 5 pick. Good luck with your next team Carnell.

Wow, wishing our ROY RB farewell after a devastating injury, I see patience is one of your strengths. Graham and Carnell are two completely different runners. These holes you claim Carnell couldn't find still might not be occuring today. IMO Graham's physical running style and balance have much more to do with his success than his vision does. Carnell's speed and agility aren't as beneficial to us when the run blocking doesn't provide much room to run. In other words I don't believe Graham needs the kind of running lanes Carnell does to be successful. That's not to say Carnell can't be successful in our system, but the run blocking is going to have to improve for it to happen. Look at Bennett, his game is all speed and not much else. If he doesn't have a pretty big hole then he isn't going anywhere because he's not running over anyone. IMO Carnell is a mix between Bennett and Graham and of the three, due to our sub par run blocking, Graham has the running style and balance that has a chance to be most successful for the quality of blocking we are currently getting from the line. But IMO that doesn't mean he is finding holes that Carnell did not.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#9 : November 05, 2007, 04:16:34 AM

Caddy seem to be headed towards a breakout.  I'm almost positive he would have run for atleast 120 in that Carolina game if he doesn't get hurt.  Caddy had a good rookie year even with his injuries.  His second year he had a rookie at the helm and 8 or 9 in the box.  This year Garcia gets respect from the Defenses and is opening up running lanes.  Caddy would have done well this year probably 1100 yards but sometimes crap happens.  Graham is managable but is in NO way close to caddy.  The addition of sears has also helped alot.  Any RB would look better behind this years line, oppose to last years.  I bet if graham started every game last year he wouldn't have had as many yards as caddy NO WAY.

Sidenote: Graham catches the ball ten times better that Caddy.  There are plenty of good backs that can't catch the ball though

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2007, 04:25:42 AM

And who we could have got at #5 that year

MBF

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 05, 2007, 08:38:44 AM

Graham is playing better than Caddy anyway. He can actually CATCH a ball that comes into his immediate viscinity.
oh yes, what would we do without these 3 yard dumpoffs?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2007, 09:07:53 AM

Boy.. the Caddy Defenders are out in full force. You would think some of these folks are related to him. Face it, Cadillac was a wasted pick considering the others we could have had. Our defensive line wouldn't be in the situation it is in.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#13 : November 05, 2007, 09:20:03 AM

There is so much more to the RB position in this WCO then just "here's the ball, hit your hole"

Blocking, blitz pick up, and catching are part of it as well - as most of you know. Graham is a different runner, someone said bowling ball. Caddy is Dunnish, water bug like. Graham catches the ball better. I remember watching the RB's in training camp the past few years and we had Watson?, Graham, Williams, and the thing I noticed the coaches notice was the dropped passes and blitz pick up was awful by all. Graham has finally got it - the running part he has always had, hence the name "Mr. August".

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 05, 2007, 09:46:55 AM

Graham is playing better than Caddy anyway. He can actually CATCH a ball that comes into his immediate viscinity.
oh yes, what would we do without these 3 yard dumpoffs?
You act as if three yards means NOTHING.  IMO, those three yeards can be huge difference in drives...

And Carnell can't catch those dumpoffs.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham > Caddy on TV « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools