Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham > Caddy on TV « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2007, 09:49:24 AM

Can we be glad we have quality depth in Graham instead of hating on Carnell as a by product?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#16 : November 05, 2007, 10:00:55 AM

I like Graham alot but he's no home run hitter.

#17 : November 05, 2007, 11:44:39 AM

Can we be glad we have quality depth in Graham instead of hating on Carnell as a by product?

no!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

And neither is Carnell.

big_JLB

Starter

#18 : November 05, 2007, 11:47:56 AM

A UF grad. more locquatious and articulate than an Auburn attendee, and you're surprised?

Translated for Auburn fans:

A Gator that got him a deeploma speaks gooder than a feller that went to Auburn, and yous is sa-prized?

ah-hahahahahaha-ha. thats classic

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 05, 2007, 11:59:02 AM

Neither was Alstott, Jerome Bettis, Larry Csonka, Franco Harris, John Riggins, Marcus Allen...
Pretty sure defensive coordinators still worried about those guys.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 05, 2007, 12:00:55 PM

i'm glad most people are starting to come around and realizing that Carnell isn't that good. People said oh he's only getting more yards because he comes in later in the game, well now you're beginning to see that the holes are there they just weren't being seen or hit properly by Carnell. It's really sad to say that an un-drafted RB can out perform a top 5 pick. Good luck with your next team Carnell.

Wow, wishing our ROY RB farewell after a devastating injury, I see patience is one of your strengths. Graham and Carnell are two completely different runners. These holes you claim Carnell couldn't find still might not be occuring today. IMO Graham's physical running style and balance have much more to do with his success than his vision does. Carnell's speed and agility aren't as beneficial to us when the run blocking doesn't provide much room to run. In other words I don't believe Graham needs the kind of running lanes Carnell does to be successful. That's not to say Carnell can't be successful in our system, but the run blocking is going to have to improve for it to happen. Look at Bennett, his game is all speed and not much else. If he doesn't have a pretty big hole then he isn't going anywhere because he's not running over anyone. IMO Carnell is a mix between Bennett and Graham and of the three, due to our sub par run blocking, Graham has the running style and balance that has a chance to be most successful for the quality of blocking we are currently getting from the line. But IMO that doesn't mean he is finding holes that Carnell did not.

It sucks when a top-5 pick at RB needs wide-open lanes to get any yeards.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 05, 2007, 12:06:14 PM

no!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

And neither is Carnell.

Caddy is more likely to give the team the 25 yarder...probably after a couple of no gainers. I think Caddy would have taken some of the runs Graham has had a little further but Earnest does a better job of getting something when nothing is there. They are different styles of backs. As to pass catching ability there is no contest. Graham is much better.

Also...I seriously doubt that Graham was ready for a full load when he first came to the Bucs. Aside from Florida homers calling for him he was basically where Darby is this year.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 05, 2007, 12:34:55 PM

Neither was Alstott, Jerome Bettis, Larry Csonka, Franco Harris, John Riggins, Marcus Allen...

John, surely you aren't considering adding Carnell Williams to this list are you??!!  The guy hasn't even played in two full seasons as a starter and we are going to compare him to league greats?
That's the problem with him in the first place.  Everybody has told him how great he is that he's forgotten that you have to go prove it on Sundays.  I'm not hating on Carnell, but to even put him in the list above is shameful.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 05, 2007, 01:15:15 PM

John, surely you aren't considering adding Carnell Williams to this list are you??!! The guy hasn't even played in two full seasons as a starter and we are going to compare him to league greats?
That's the problem with him in the first place. Everybody has told him how great he is that he's forgotten that you have to go prove it on Sundays. I'm not hating on Carnell, but to even put him in the list above is shameful.

Carnell is no where near my list.  Not sure where you got that.  I was just pointing out that just because a RB (like Graham) isn't a ''homerun threat'' doesn't mean he won't give DCs nightmares.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2007, 01:58:23 PM

Boy.. the Caddy Defenders are out in full force. You would think some of these folks are related to him. Face it, Cadillac was a wasted pick considering the others we could have had. Our defensive line wouldn't be in the situation it is in.
Ditto for the haters. And what d-lineman was available at that spot that wouldn't have you saying "player x isn't worth the pick"?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 05, 2007, 02:33:04 PM

Boy.. the Caddy Defenders are out in full force. You would think some of these folks are related to him. Face it, Cadillac was a wasted pick considering the others we could have had. Our defensive line wouldn't be in the situation it is in.
Ditto for the haters. And what d-lineman was available at that spot that wouldn't have you saying "player x isn't worth the pick"?

Ware, Merriman

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 05, 2007, 03:36:54 PM

I don't hate Carnell.  I thik he is a quality depth running back.  BUt he is not an ideal fit for Grucoastoffense because he has hands of stone, and isn't the best blocker around.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 05, 2007, 08:02:39 PM

I don't hate Carnell. I thik he is a quality depth running back. BUt he is not an ideal fit for Grucoastoffense because he has hands of stone, and isn't the best blocker around.

So you're saying JG drafted a guy that's not a good fit for his offense?  And still I ask, do we have to raise up and praise Earnest by bringing Carnell down?  I say no...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 05, 2007, 08:20:57 PM

John, surely you aren't considering adding Carnell Williams to this list are you??!! The guy hasn't even played in two full seasons as a starter and we are going to compare him to league greats?
That's the problem with him in the first place. Everybody has told him how great he is that he's forgotten that you have to go prove it on Sundays. I'm not hating on Carnell, but to even put him in the list above is shameful.

My bad; just read it wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2007, 08:21:47 PM

I don't hate Carnell. I thik he is a quality depth running back. BUt he is not an ideal fit for Grucoastoffense because he has hands of stone, and isn't the best blocker around.

So you're saying JG drafted a guy that's not a good fit for his offense? And still I ask, do we have to raise up and praise Earnest by bringing Carnell down? I say no...
Am I saying he drafted a guy who is not a good fit for his offense?  Quite possibly, it appears that way, considering his inability to catch, his poor blocking.  Did he draft a quality running back?  Sure.  He adds depth.  But Earnest Graham is proving me, and a lot of people wrong  by BEING that guy who can get it done.  He runs hard, catches the ball well on dumps, blocks well.  IMO, the BUcs, when healthy, have three very good change of pace runners...err...four now.

Graha, deserves his praise.  Rightfully.  Carnell has been getting bashed for quite a while now...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham > Caddy on TV « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools