Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham > Caddy on TV « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 05, 2007, 08:25:51 PM

This thread was not meant to be about Caddy's inability to catch, just his inability to talk clearly.   :P

hijackers

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 05, 2007, 08:26:56 PM

I feel you Biod, point taken.  But as your last line suggestes that Graham is getting a back handed compliment by spitting the venom at Carnell whether its deserved or not.  That's all I'm saying.  If you're going to annoint Earnest do it on his meritts not Caddys shortcomings...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#32 : November 05, 2007, 08:30:30 PM

I feel you Biod, point taken.  But as your last line suggestes that Graham is getting a back handed compliment by spitting the venom at Carnell whether its deserved or not.  That's all I'm saying.  If you're going to annoint Earnest do it on his meritts not Caddys shortcomings...

You know me brah, I just don't like the guy and feel his performance is nowhere near reflective of his lofty draft status. I made that known long before Graham's emergence. The front office blew it with that pick... felt it then and am sure of it now. And judgin by Gruden's words today when talkin about Peterson, he knows it too.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 05, 2007, 08:34:19 PM

The front office blew it with that pick.

No they blew the pick in 2004, passing on Jackson for Clayton had a domino's effect.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 05, 2007, 08:36:17 PM

I feel you Biod, point taken. But as your last line suggestes that Graham is getting a back handed compliment by spitting the venom at Carnell whether its deserved or not. That's all I'm saying. If you're going to annoint Earnest do it on his meritts not Caddys shortcomings...

You know me brah, I just don't like the guy and feel his performance is nowhere near reflective of his lofty draft status. I made that known long before Graham's emergence. The front office blew it with that pick... felt it then and am sure of it now. And judgin by Gruden's words today when talkin about Peterson, he knows it too.

They might very well may have, but just because Graham is playing well doesn't prove that as fact...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : November 05, 2007, 08:45:17 PM

I feel you Biod, point taken.  But as your last line suggestes that Graham is getting a back handed compliment by spitting the venom at Carnell whether its deserved or not.  That's all I'm saying.  If you're going to annoint Earnest do it on his meritts not Caddys shortcomings...

Definitley.. he had the look of "Ohh man I wish I hadn't of blown that pick on Williams and drafted defense that year, then I could have drafted AP".

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#36 : November 06, 2007, 10:06:44 AM

This site is sure to help you understand future press conferences

http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#37 : November 07, 2007, 01:12:10 PM

the whole "we should have drafted defense instead of caddy crap" is a weak arguement.  So we draft Merriman and he gets the same knee injury, then what happens.  Caddy would have had a good year without the injury.... any player can get hurt

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 08, 2007, 08:24:22 AM

I agree with what Chev is saying - Graham's stepping up has been great for the team. 

Ripping at Caddy has become a past time for some - and while some of what is said has basis, a lot of it is just flat hooey.  If one wants to be disappointed with his availability - heck just about everyone would have to agree.  If one wants to bash is ability - not so much. 

Caddy can run, and run very well.  The revamping or overhaul of the Oline wasn't done for no reason - and the lack of a qb for a year plus wasn't good for anyone.  The amount of venom being spewed his way way regarding his talents and areas for improvement is far more than what is warranted. 

Unfortunately the buccs are likely going to have to make adjustments at the RB position again - with Caddy's 1 & 1/2 year recovery time, Pittman's age and FA,.  It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out - but unfortunately will require the buccs to expend resources in a position they were pretty happy with prior to the season.

And Hate - some folks had notice your subtle dislike for Caddy's performance - just like some noted the Crusades.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 08, 2007, 08:54:30 AM

I agree with what Chev is saying - Graham's stepping up has been great for the team.

Ripping at Caddy has become a past time for some - and while some of what is said has basis, a lot of it is just flat hooey. If one wants to be disappointed with his availability - heck just about everyone would have to agree. If one wants to bash is ability - not so much.

Caddy can run, and run very well. The revamping or overhaul of the Oline wasn't done for no reason - and the lack of a qb for a year plus wasn't good for anyone. The amount of venom being spewed his way way regarding his talents and areas for improvement is far more than what is warranted.

Unfortunately the buccs are likely going to have to make adjustments at the RB position again - with Caddy's 1 & 1/2 year recovery time, Pittman's age and FA,. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out - but unfortunately will require the buccs to expend resources in a position they were pretty happy with prior to the season.

And Hate - some folks had notice your subtle dislike for Caddy's performance - just like some noted the Crusades. LOL

Do not open that can of worms with Hate on Caddy...it ain't cute...ROFLMBAO!!!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 08, 2007, 12:47:44 PM

My guess is that we will never know how good or bad Yugo Williams really could be as a running back. Between OL and QB issues, he never really had a chance to show much. We do know three things for sure. He can't block. He can't catch. He won't be joining Tiki Barber with a career in broadcasting.

That last one was just plain mean. My humor is evil sometimes.

I believe Yugo is history. I can't imagine he will return in triumph in '09. The sad fact is that he is just not dependable. Graham is dependable, at least so far and that's what the team needs right now. The closest thing we have to a Cadillac just might be Michael Bennett. He is fast and he has some moves. Can he block? Can he Catch? Is he durable? Can he learn Chinese? Will Gruden use him now that Pittman is back?

I wish Williams the best. I just don't expect an extended career in the NFL.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 08, 2007, 12:52:45 PM

My guess is that we will never know how good or bad Yugo Williams really could be as a running back. Between OL and QB issues, he never really had a chance to show much. We do know three things for sure. He can't block. He can't catch. He won't be joining Tiki Barber with a career in broadcasting.

That last one was just plain mean. My humor is evil sometimes.

I believe Yugo is history. I can't imagine he will return in triumph in '09. The sad fact is that he is just not dependable. Graham is dependable, at least so far and that's what the team needs right now. The closest thing we have to a Cadillac just might be Michael Bennett. He is fast and he has some moves. Can he block? Can he Catch? Is he durable? Can he learn Chinese? Will Gruden use him now that Pittman is back?

I wish Williams the best. I just don't expect an extended career in the NFL.

Well-played

And I agree, Caddy's probably not long for the Bucs.  I think he'd do well in a ZBS, though.  I wonder what kind of pick we could get for him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 08, 2007, 01:06:43 PM

So, while the kid who may never play again, let alone play next year, heals ... do we think we can stop trashin' him?  Including but not limited to the way he talks?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 08, 2007, 01:15:31 PM

So, while the kid who may never play again, let alone play next year, heals ... do we think we can stop trashin' him? Including but not limited to the way he talks?
I never poked fun at his verbal skills, or lack thereof.

I merely pointed out some deficiencies in his game.

Hope he comes back strong, I am sure he will play again.  But quite possibly, he will be a lesser product.  And he wasn't that great of a product to begin with.

He started out with a BANG!  BUt he ended with a lot of question marks.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham > Caddy on TV « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools