Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At the begining of the year, what was the prediction? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2006, 09:05:39 AM

9-7 was my predicition based on a tougher schedule balanaced against player development - oops.

If you'd given me that list of disasters I'd have said 4-12 was our record but then again my 9-7 team was 0-3 and getting throttled before all of those disasters transpired (I'd not say that Davin and True were disasters though since I expected True to be able to beat out the bum Walker and Davin to slap Mahan out of his job) so what went wrong wasn't your list of problems anyways so I'm not sure those problems caused the record to be any notably worse. Say what you will abot Grads, for example, but his QBR is STILL 20 points higher than Simms.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 05, 2006, 11:47:04 PM

I said 12-4. So am I supposed to feel worse than the guys who said 10-6? That's like two kids who get ice cream cones. One gets in a few licks then has the bully steal his/her cone. The other doesn't even get a lick before the bully comes around. Either way, you go waaaaah.

In Verner We Trust

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 06, 2006, 08:27:29 AM

I said 12-4. So am I supposed to feel worse than the guys who said 10-6? That's like two kids who get ice cream cones. One gets in a few licks then has the bully steal his/her cone. The other doesn't even get a lick before the bully comes around. Either way, you go waaaaah.

it's not about feeling better or worse about it. All you hear is how Gruden is tearing down the franchise, how everyone wants him gone, etc. You have to put this in perspective a little. Gruden is the HC and will take the brunt of the heat, that's fine, but if you look at what's transpired over the course of the year it's tough to say any coach would be very successful. It's looking at the reality of the situation and if most expected a 9, 10, 11 win season, throw in the circumstances that's transpired and give me that prediction. Is this year that much of a suprise?

replica

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 06, 2006, 08:04:18 AM

I picked us to be 10-6 the last 2 years, I was waaayyy off this year.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 06, 2006, 06:30:48 AM

7-9 to 9-7 was what I was thinking before the season started.
Given the new obstacles, I would have expected 5 wins.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 06, 2006, 06:08:16 AM

I said, 8-8, 7-9, tough schedule. 3-13 wasn't in the cards. I also rooted for Rick Razzano, Larry Brackins, Tuto Fonitti, etc. Thank God I am not the GM.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 06, 2006, 02:35:21 AM

LOL!   Was that made by PapaBear?    That's great!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 05, 2006, 11:44:05 PM

I was at 8 and 8.  But it was all said because I was so unsure what this team could do against that schedule.

The Bucs also could have been better minus the big time losses to injury...

Just my .02, but if you lose a quality guy, and a iffy guy is brought in to replace him, it bodes doom.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : December 05, 2006, 11:18:48 PM

I think I was 8-8, 9-7 before the year.

I predicted the schedule would be tough, which is why i thought we would struggle.  I was right about that, just not how bad.

Given all of that I would have probably said 4-12, maybe 3-13.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2006, 11:13:31 PM

so, what would your prediction be?

#10 : December 05, 2006, 11:13:48 PM

4-12

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2006, 11:10:18 PM

With all the hype about Simms, the returning defensive starters, what was your prediction? Mine was 9-7, 10-6 at the most.

Now, if I could see into the future in August let me hear your predictions:

- If I said in August that the Bucs would have Gradkowski starting 13 games this year, what would your prediction be?

- If I then told you Brian Kelly, Rice, and K Walker went on IR early in the year, coupled with Grads playing 13 games, 2 rookies on the right side of the line, D Buenning going on IR, what would your prediction be?

- - With all of that I then told you the Bucs had the #1 toughest schedule in terms of teams winning %, what would your prediction be?

These are just a few of the obstacles that the team has faced this year. Everyone is calling for Gruden's head but if you honestly looked at these few issues, what would your prediction be through 9 games?

-

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#12 : December 05, 2006, 11:11:44 PM

I am hoping Bruce doesn't have 13 starts.....I'd like to see what Luke's got for at least 1-2 games.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 06, 2006, 09:46:13 AM

As you probably know, I said an optimistic 8-8 but a more likely 7-9. With all of the things that have happened, I'd have probably revised it down to 5-11 or 4-12.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 06, 2006, 09:33:09 AM

Alright, that prediction was based off of Simms not laying turds in the first 3 games. IMO Simms TD/Int ratio was the main cause for the 0-3 start. It was certainly unexpected.

Well Simms tossed all kind of picks. We could not run the ball to save our lives - 26, 40 and 64 yards rushing. The run defense was terrible vs ATL, the pass vs CAR. I mean Simms didn't help anything and hurt a lot but the failure on that 0-3 was really across the board

there's no doubt it was across the board. Having said that......

- Against Baltimore the Bucs are only down 7-0 and Simms tosses a batted pass int that goes to the 4 yrd line. FG - good defense
- The Bucs are down 10-0 and Simms tosses the int that goes back for 6, ball game.

- Against the Falcons the game really wasn't out of reach and Simms can't close the deal and get the team to score. Tossing what, 3 int's? The int at the begining of the half was the most maddening, a simple roll out and I'm pretty sure my wife could've seen D Hall there waiting for the corssing route.

Carolina game he tosses a int on the first freak'n series. Now, he did lead the team back but IMO the 0-3 start is directly related to his turd laying. It put the defense in awful positions.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At the begining of the year, what was the prediction? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools