Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At the begining of the year, what was the prediction? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 06, 2006, 09:25:21 AM

Alright, that prediction was based off of Simms not laying turds in the first 3 games. IMO Simms TD/Int ratio was the main cause for the 0-3 start. It was certainly unexpected.

Well Simms tossed all kind of picks. We could not run the ball to save our lives - 26, 40 and 64 yards rushing. The run defense was terrible vs ATL, the pass vs CAR. I mean Simms didn't help anything and hurt a lot but the failure on that 0-3 was really across the board

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : December 06, 2006, 03:51:23 AM

I said 8-8 or 9-7. Just because the Bucs rarely live up to expectations coming off good seasons.

If I would have known all that stuff you mentioned I would have said 5-11, under the assumption that Simms would have played more in line to 2005 before going out.
If you add in the knowledge that Simms would lay an egg his first few games before giving way to a 6th rd rook, I'd say 2-14

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 06, 2006, 09:15:16 AM

9-7 was my predicition based on a tougher schedule balanaced against player development - oops.

If you'd given me that list of disasters I'd have said 4-12 was our record but then again my 9-7 team was 0-3 and getting throttled before all of those disasters transpired (I'd not say that Davin and True were disasters though since I expected True to be able to beat out the bum Walker and Davin to slap Mahan out of his job) so what went wrong wasn't your list of problems anyways so I'm not sure those problems caused the record to be any notably worse. Say what you will abot Grads, for example, but his QBR is STILL 20 points higher than Simms.

Alright, that prediction was based off of Simms not laying turds in the first 3 games. IMO Simms TD/Int ratio was the main cause for the 0-3 start. It was certainly unexpected.

#18 : December 06, 2006, 09:08:43 AM

With all the hype about Simms, the returning defensive starters, what was your prediction? Mine was 9-7, 10-6 at the most.

Now, if I could see into the future in August let me hear your predictions:

- If I said in August that the Bucs would have Gradkowski starting 13 games this year, what would your prediction be?

- If I then told you Brian Kelly, Rice, and K Walker went on IR early in the year, coupled with Grads playing 13 games, 2 rookies on the right side of the line, D Buenning going on IR, what would your prediction be?

- - With all of that I then told you the Bucs had the #1 toughest schedule in terms of teams winning %, what would your prediction be?

These are just a few of the obstacles that the team has faced this year. Everyone is calling for Gruden's head but if you honestly looked at these few issues, what would your prediction be through 9 games?

-

I'd say that 3-13 sounds reasonable, considering our schedule and the injuries.  That's why I think that Gruden gets one more year.  We'll see.

EDIT:

I was saying 10-6 or 11-5 at the beginning of the year, though.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 06, 2006, 12:39:04 PM

IIRC I originally called 9-7 +/-2 either way.  Although I honestly thought We'd be on the + side.  I based this on the idea that the defense wouldn't collapse, that Simms would improve on his rookie year and get rid of the mistakes, and that our running game would be solid.  Obviously none of that happened.
Starting out 0-3 isn't a death sentence, and even if it knocks you out of the playoffs, it doesn't automatically guarantee a losing season.  And even in a losing season there's a world of difference between 7-9 and 3-13.  But losing your starting QB, your intended backup on PUP, BK, Rice getting hurt early, Caddy supposedly having back issues, all while breaking in two new coaches on defense and playing the toughest schedule in the NFL, all that makes it almost impossible to fix things in midstream.

#20 : December 06, 2006, 12:40:36 PM

I said 10-6 before the year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 06, 2006, 12:46:13 PM

All good points and that was the origin of the thread. It seems most who have replied to this thread would predict a 3-5 win season with those circumstances in place. I'm not saying we shouldn't be pissed off, cause I'm livid the way the season has unfolded, but it's not suprising based on what's transpired.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 06, 2006, 01:06:56 PM

I predicted 9-7....Nuff said.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 06, 2006, 01:57:22 PM

All good points and that was the origin of the thread. It seems most who have replied to this thread would predict a 3-5 win season with those circumstances in place. I'm not saying we shouldn't be pissed off, cause I'm livid the way the season has unfolded, but it's not suprising based on what's transpired.

Losing is one thing. Having an offense worse than OAK's is another.

It is the fact that no one has lost by double digits more than the Bucs have this year. It is the fact that guys who aren't injured or weren't (Clayton, Simms, Caddy) have played so badly. Coming into the year with Clayton getting right I think a lot of folks, me too, thought we might have the triplets on this team. Now Simms is out, Clayton looks like a bust and Caddy is well who knows and whatever progress was made in 2005 looks lost and gone in 2006.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 06, 2006, 02:04:27 PM

Losing is one thing. Having an offense worse than OAK's is another.

It is the fact that no one has lost by double digits more than the Bucs have this year. It is the fact that guys who aren't injured or weren't (Clayton, Simms, Caddy) have played so badly. Coming into the year with Clayton getting right I think a lot of folks, me too, thought we might have the triplets on this team. Now Simms is out, Clayton looks like a bust and Caddy is well who knows and whatever progress was made in 2005 looks lost and gone in 2006.

Won't even try to argue with that Dal.

I'm still positive that Caddy is a very good RB and Clayton having 3 different QB's might be an issue............might I said but doesn't help explain the drops.

#25 : December 06, 2006, 02:07:11 PM

Won't even try to argue with that Dal.

I'm still positive that Caddy is a very good RB and Clayton having 3 different QB's might be an issue............might I said but doesn't help explain the drops.

Jusdging from some of the catches he had in that last game, I do think that Clayton can be a quality possession guy...if he can ever get his hands back.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 06, 2006, 02:52:35 PM

DalBuc,

Oakland is  rated in the top 5 in defense. (Total yards #3 and passing #1)

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At the begining of the year, what was the prediction? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools