Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some LSU guys to look at in April « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: November 05, 2007, 06:22:08 PM

Well probably land Trae Williams or Aqib Talib if we reached for a corner in the 2nd, Trae in the 3rd. No to Steltz we have safteys already, and no to Jacob Hester, he sucks imo. Poor vision it seems to me he always runs into his own men. A, hell yes for Early Doucet.. He is quick but he isn't small which is good he can take big hits.. Good hands runs alright routes i'd like for us to get him but I fear DT is much of a greater need and unless we pickup Robertson/Williams/Kelly in free agency we should pass.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#1 : November 05, 2007, 12:11:20 PM

Of coarse there is Dorsey (we probably wont have a shot and really he doesnt impress me that much)

Craig Steltz- Big, Physical, Safety that always is around the ball. He seems to always make the big hit at the right time to seal the deal (2nd-3rd round)

Jacob Hester- Reminds me more of Allstott than the kid last year from Rutgers (2nd-3rd)

good pass catcher as well

Early Doucet- Good hands good size seems o make the clutch grab (1st-2nd)

I hope we look a lot at this LSU football team and see the players behind Dorsey that have made this team great. Any of these guys would look great in Tampa

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 05, 2007, 12:16:23 PM

We are pretty strong at safety and we have Sabby P. coming back next year.  Hester is more FB than RB and we have those (Askew, Pittman, Graham).

Early Doucet, if he falls within our range, is a need.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 05, 2007, 12:30:57 PM

Besides Dorsey, I'm not to hip on any of the other Tigers.  As stated, we're good at safety, not sold on Hester in the NFL, and Doucet neither has great speed or size and has been injured alot.
One player worth considering is Chevis at corner.  Think he could make a good transition to our style of corner.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2007, 01:16:44 PM

I'd be most interested in the two corners, Chevis Jackson and Jonathan Zenon, and Tyson Jackson at DT. He's only a junior but actually has a better frame to grow for the NFL than Dorsey because he is 6' 5" instead of 6' 2". Here's his bio.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2007, 01:18:16 PM

Yeah, Doucet would be a great fit in theory, but for some odd reason, I find myself shying away from players with injury histories.  :p

ilovebeer

Starter

#6 : November 05, 2007, 01:30:18 PM

How does Dorsey not impress you?  Last week with a banged up knee he was fighting through double teams and almost always had penetration on running plays.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 05, 2007, 01:35:20 PM

How does Dorsey not impress you? Last week with a banged up knee he was fighting through double teams and almost always had penetration on running plays.

As a Buc fan, the biggest knock on Dorsey is that he didn't come out last year when we had the #4 pick.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2007, 01:48:20 PM

How does Dorsey not impress you? Last week with a banged up knee he was fighting through double teams and almost always had penetration on running plays.

As a Buc fan, the biggest knock on Dorsey is that he didn't come out last year when we had the #4 pick.

Haha, isn't that the truth?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#9 : November 05, 2007, 06:04:26 PM

Besides Dorsey, I'm not to hip on any of the other Tigers.  As stated, we're good at safety, not sold on Hester in the NFL, and Doucet neither has great speed or size and has been injured alot.
One player worth considering is Chevis at corner.  Think he could make a good transition to our style of corner.

Doucet has pretty good speed and really good quickness. He's the type of guy who won't necessarily have a great 40, but a good 10 yard split and shuttle time. I agree about Steltz and Hester though, they wouldn't be worth the picks this team would have to give up to get either of them. We're good at safety and Hester is far from Alstott.

Chevis, I'd really like to see here if he drops and/or gets pushed down by the incredibly deep and talented CB class.

Malcolm Jenkins
Mike Jenkins
Reggie Smith
Justin King
Aqib Talib
DeJuan Tribble
Tarrell Thomas
Antoine Cason(who everyone had pegged in the top 10/15)
Dwight Lowery
Brandon Flowers
Trae Williams
Zach Bowman

Something that fits us has got to fall, and we should come out of day 1, or round 4 at least, with a solid CB.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 05, 2007, 06:17:20 PM

Besides Dorsey, I'm not to hip on any of the other Tigers. As stated, we're good at safety, not sold on Hester in the NFL, and Doucet neither has great speed or size and has been injured alot.
One player worth considering is Chevis at corner. Think he could make a good transition to our style of corner.

Doucet has pretty good speed and really good quickness. He's the type of guy who won't necessarily have a great 40, but a good 10 yard split and shuttle time. I agree about Steltz and Hester though, they wouldn't be worth the picks this team would have to give up to get either of them. We're good at safety and Hester is far from Alstott.

Chevis, I'd really like to see here if he drops and/or gets pushed down by the incredibly deep and talented CB class.

Malcolm Jenkins
Mike Jenkins
Reggie Smith
Justin King
Aqib Talib
DeJuan Tribble
Tarrell Thomas
Antoine Cason(who everyone had pegged in the top 10/15)
Dwight Lowery
Brandon Flowers
Trae Williams
Zach Bowman

Something that fits us has got to fall, and we should come out of day 1, or round 4 at least, with a solid CB.

My vote on that list is for either Malcom Jenkins, Mike Jenkins or Reggie Smith

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#11 : November 05, 2007, 06:54:07 PM

My vote on that list is for either Malcom Jenkins, Mike Jenkins or Reggie Smith

Yeah, but there's a reason they're at the top. All top 25 picks IMO. The way you take advantage of a class like that is to get someone who would normally go higher (1st round) had it not been such a good class. Getting someone like Tribble or Jackson in the 2nd round while still getting a 1st round caliber player at LT/WR/RB/DT would be the best of both worlds seeing as how DT/LT/WR aren't incredibly deep and you'd be getting a player in round 2 who isn't half as talented as some of the CBs on the board. For instance

1. Sam Baker/Jonathan Stewart and 2. DeJuan Tribble/Dwight Lowery
would be much better than
1. Mike Jenkins/Reggie Smith 2. Tony Hills/Andre Fluellen.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2007, 06:59:59 PM

I perfer
Signing a DT

Draft a Doucet and draft Ryan Clady in the first two rounds, draft Eric Ainge in the 3rd, pray for Trent Edwards success

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : November 05, 2007, 07:11:25 PM

I perfer
Signing a DT

Draft a Doucet and draft Ryan Clady in the first two rounds, draft Eric Ainge in the 3rd, pray for Trent Edwards success

I'd hate to ignore the D for the entire first day, seeing as how we, in all likelihood, won't get the top 2 DTs (Haynesworth/Dockett). Doucet/Clady I wouldn't mind too much, but no way in hell to Ainge. Everybody wants a franchise QB, and I'm starting to see their point. But you don't get those guys by waiting around. Why should we use a 3rd on a QB who will likely be a back-up when we could spend it on a CB who would likely be a starter? And Trent Edwards isn't all that good right now anyway. J.P. Losman had to save them against the Jets and played well against Cincy this week. Doesn't look like Trent is going to be seeing the field any time soon. He had 1 TD to 5 INTs anyway.

#14 : November 05, 2007, 09:19:30 PM

He got owned by a True freshmen "Pouncey" and a average guard in Tartt. He lost his composure and slugged Tartt in the chops...really that was the only time he got in the backfield is when Tartt was stopping the bleeding from his lip

He disappears a lot in big games and makes splash plays against average offensive lines
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some LSU guys to look at in April « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools