Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some LSU guys to look at in April « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2007, 10:24:20 PM

Besides Dorsey, I'm not to hip on any of the other Tigers.  As stated, we're good at safety, not sold on Hester in the NFL, and Doucet neither has great speed or size and has been injured alot.
One player worth considering is Chevis at corner.  Think he could make a good transition to our style of corner.

Doucet has pretty good speed and really good quickness. He's the type of guy who won't necessarily have a great 40, but a good 10 yard split and shuttle time. I agree about Steltz and Hester though, they wouldn't be worth the picks this team would have to give up to get either of them. We're good at safety and Hester is far from Alstott.

Chevis, I'd really like to see here if he drops and/or gets pushed down by the incredibly deep and talented CB class.

Malcolm Jenkins
Mike Jenkins
Reggie Smith
Justin King
Aqib Talib
DeJuan Tribble
Tarrell Thomas
Antoine Cason(who everyone had pegged in the top 10/15)
Dwight Lowery
Brandon Flowers
Trae Williams
Zach Bowman

Something that fits us has got to fall, and we should come out of day 1, or round 4 at least, with a solid CB.
I want a corner on the first day but I hope the Bucs time it to get decent value and it's not another case of 5th wide receiver in 15 picks like with Clayton. I hope they're not getting the 6th corner in the first 20 picks.

How does Dorsey not impress you? Last week with a banged up knee he was fighting through double teams and almost always had penetration on running plays.

He got owned by a True freshmen "Pouncey" and a average guard in Tartt. He lost his composure and slugged Tartt in the chops...really that was the only time he got in the backfield is when Tartt was stopping the bleeding from his lip

He disappears a lot in big games and makes splash plays against average offensive lines
Don't sell Jim Tartt short. He is Tebow's favorite lineman to run behind and it's not a coincidence he gets 6-8 yards a pop. Regarding Dorsey's splash plays, that is evident in most pass rushers. Simeon Rice didn't have his best games against Walter Jones and Warren Sapp didn't have his best games against Alan Faneca and Kevin Mawae.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 06, 2007, 12:36:28 AM

What does everyone see in Doucet?  He's not that fast or big and he's injury prone there are, at least, 5 other receivers I'd take before him. 

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#17 : November 06, 2007, 02:59:20 AM

What does everyone see in Doucet?  He's not that fast or big and he's injury prone there are, at least, 5 other receivers I'd take before him.

Doucet isn't a monster, but he's the best of what would be available. We need a speedier WR to replace Galloway and possibly do returns. DeSean Jackson kills Doucet in potential there, but he'll be long gone when we pick. Malcolm Kelly is a better WR prospect than Doucet, but he's more like a Stovall clone, pretty slow. Bowman is the same way. And Sweed, but he isn't even as impressive as Doucet IMHO. I'm no Doucet fan, but he's a legit 1st, or at the latest mid-2nd rounder. He's got the speed we want, and the quickness to get separation we need, he could return, he could play the slot. The draft has a lot of depth at WR, but they're mostly slow and big (Kelly, Sweed, Monk, etc). And Doucet is better than D.J. Hall(who I like), Hawkins(who I like), and will most likely grade out better than Douglas(who I wouldn't be unhappy with) because of size.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 06, 2007, 06:25:52 AM

Doucet is quick which we need, and he should be there when we pick since (Jackson,Kelly,Manningham should be taken before him).

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#19 : November 06, 2007, 07:50:30 AM

Don't sell Jim Tartt short. He is Tebow's favorite lineman to run behind and it's not a coincidence he gets 6-8 yards a pop. Regarding Dorsey's splash plays, that is evident in most pass rushers. Simeon Rice didn't have his best games against Walter Jones and Warren Sapp didn't have his best games against Alan Faneca and Kevin Mawae.

Those names you mentioned are Hall of Famers...As a Gator fan I realy dont see Tartt on a Faneca/Jones/Mawae level.
I like Jim but Jim Tart compared to Faneca/Jones/Mawae  is like comparing Kenyatta Walker to Orlando Pace

I would expect Dorsey to have trouble against a Tennesse/Ole Miss/Alabama line...but at Florida we have a "decent Offensive line. Dorsey was shut down.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#20 : November 06, 2007, 08:55:05 AM

If you go DT, my vote goes to Frank Okam, DT, Texas. 6'5 / 320

or later on like 2 - 3 round - Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina 6'5 / 298

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2007, 11:22:20 AM

How does Dorsey not impress you? Last week with a banged up knee he was fighting through double teams and almost always had penetration on running plays.

He got owned by a True freshmen "Pouncey" and a average guard in Tartt. He lost his composure and slugged Tartt in the chops...really that was the only time he got in the backfield is when Tartt was stopping the bleeding from his lip

He disappears a lot in big games and makes splash plays against average offensive lines

We must of saw diffrent games,cause the one I watched last week the dude was flat dominat!
On a bad knee and allways in the backfield...heck thats just what we need.To bad traitor rich was there and was drolling!

Admirebucs

Starter

#22 : November 06, 2007, 12:19:27 PM

Glenn Dorsey is gone WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before we draft.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some LSU guys to look at in April « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools