Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rams VS Saints « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2007, 07:26:54 PM

As going 1-3 in the 2nd quarter of the season certainly wasn't good, I still don't see that being HUGE.  Yeah obviously losing back to back games in which you dominated the numbers is frustating, but I don't see no reason why we can't go 6-2 or 7-1 in the 2nd half of the season.

We're already 1-0.  We play:

@Atlanta
Washington
@New Orlean

-to finish up the 3rd quarter.  I don't see no reason we can't go at least 3-1 in this quarter, IF NOT 4-0.  The Falcons are not a good team and we need to capatilize.  The Redskins aren't a bad team, as they are 5-3, but they are certainly beatable, especially at home.  So let's just say worse thing happens, the Saints beat us.  Our record stands at 7-5.

We then close the season out at:
@Houston
Atlanta
@San Fransisco
Carolina

There's no reason we shouldn't go 4-0 in that span to finish the season at 11-5.  But Let's say we screw one of them games up.  That gets us to 10-6.

The Saints are 4-4.  They play the desperate Rams.  Then back to back games @Houston and @Carolina, before playing us.  I see them dropping one of the games, either the Rams or Houston game.  Who knows they could lose to the Panthers being on the road two weeks.  But I don't see them winning 7 straight before playing us.  So let's say they beat us, and their record is 7-5.

They have to play @Atlanta, Arizona, Philadelphia, and @Chicago to finish the season.  Our closing road is definetly easier.  The Eagles and Bears are no slouches.  They are having rough years, but are still good teams.  I see the Saints going 9-7 at best this year.  That 0-4 start will haunt them, even more then our 2 game losing streak

Watchman

Starter

#16 : November 05, 2007, 07:53:08 PM

As going 1-3 in the 2nd quarter of the season certainly wasn't good, I still don't see that being HUGE. Yeah obviously losing back to back games in which you dominated the numbers is frustating, but I don't see no reason why we can't go 6-2 or 7-1 in the 2nd half of the season.

We're already 1-0. We play:

@Atlanta
Washington
@New Orlean

-to finish up the 3rd quarter. I don't see no reason we can't go at least 3-1 in this quarter, IF NOT 4-0. The Falcons are not a good team and we need to capatilize. The Redskins aren't a bad team, as they are 5-3, but they are certainly beatable, especially at home. So let's just say worse thing happens, the Saints beat us. Our record stands at 7-5.

We then close the season out at:
@Houston
Atlanta
@San Fransisco
Carolina

There's no reason we shouldn't go 4-0 in that span to finish the season at 11-5. But Let's say we screw one of them games up. That gets us to 10-6.

The Saints are 4-4. They play the desperate Rams. Then back to back games @Houston and @Carolina, before playing us. I see them dropping one of the games, either the Rams or Houston game. Who knows they could lose to the Panthers being on the road two weeks. But I don't see them winning 7 straight before playing us. So let's say they beat us, and their record is 7-5.

They have to play @Atlanta, Arizona, Philadelphia, and @Chicago to finish the season. Our closing road is definetly easier. The Eagles and Bears are no slouches. They are having rough years, but are still good teams. I see the Saints going 9-7 at best this year. That 0-4 start will haunt them, even more then our 2 game losing streak

You really do a good job of making our schedule sound easy and the Saints schedule sound so hard.  Instead of saying a "desaparate Rams team" how about a "bad Rams team".  I think the Saints have the edge in the NFC South right now if for no other reason than they are playing extremely well right now.  Neither team has an incredibly tough schedule, but they both have some pitfalls along the way.  Philly and Chicago for the Saints and Washinton and NO for the Bucs (imo).

revfish

Pro Bowler
#17 : November 06, 2007, 12:58:25 PM

People:

1) Would love it if the Rams beat the Saints, but probably isn't going to happen.

2) Remember that the Saints already have 2 divisional losses.  We beat the Saints and we probably win the division.  We lose to the Saints, and we still own the tie breaker if we beat the Falcons and Panthers.  Moreover, do not forget that if the Giants lose to Dallas, they are only one game up on us in the wild card race with games against the Patriots, Packers, and Lions still left to play (I believe).  Do Skins still play Dallas twice and Giants once (lost to Giants, Patriots, and someone else)?

Yes, the Lions and Jags losses were big...all losses are big in the NFL, but things look okay for us in the division and for the play-offs even if we lose a game between now and December as long as we beat Atlanta.     

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 06, 2007, 01:20:43 PM

Rev,

Skins lost to Giants by 7 ad lost to the Pack by 3 and got smeared by the Pats.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2007, 01:29:48 PM

The DET and JAX losses are huge.

no doubt, even if we could have scraped by with one win between the 2 I'd feel a lot better...

damn...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 06, 2007, 01:38:07 PM

Don't think Marc Bulger can be held down for a whole season. He's too good. He could give the Saints defense a lotta problems.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

revfish

Pro Bowler
#21 : November 06, 2007, 01:58:57 PM

STan-

Thanks for the correction.  Hope you're right about Bulger.

gotta get back to work.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2007, 02:18:52 PM

The Rams and Saints are going to light up the scoreboard. It's anyone's game, but the Saints may be a little more talented on the defensive side.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 06, 2007, 02:25:30 PM

I always look to the next game. Seeing as how the BUCS don't have a game this week. I look to the closest opponent in the NFC South and that is the Panthers and then the Saints. Looking at the Saints vs the Rams, the Rams could outscore the Saints with a healthy Bulger and Jackson. COULD, I said. Probably won't.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rams VS Saints « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools