Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think KC wishes they hadn't traded Bennett? « previous next »
Page: 1

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

: November 06, 2007, 12:12:34 AM

It appears that Larry Johnson has a foot injury and could be out leaving Priest Holmes as the feature back with rookie Kolby Smith, who hasn't carried the ball this season getting carries because Holmes can't be a full time back. How bad is that trade going to hurt them down the stretch if Johnson can't go for an extended period.

Johnson hurt the foot when he was tackled from behind after a short gain in the fourth quarter of Week 9's 33-22 loss to Green Bay. He was helped off the field by two trainers and was unable to put any weight on the foot. He had just begun playing well after a slow start, but this injury could obviously derail that progress. Hopefully, we'll all have a better idea of the injury's severity by Tuesday, but Johnson's Fantasy owners should make a move for Priest Holmes and perhaps even rookie Kolby Smith in the meantime.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 06, 2007, 12:52:12 AM

This was one of my first thoughts when I saw LJ went down. Also, that he signed that contract just at the right time. I would say the answer to your question is yes. Injuries can change things in a hurry. Now they're depending on Priest Holmes to carry the load again. I'll be rooting for him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 06, 2007, 12:57:36 AM

This was one of my first thoughts when I saw LJ went down. Also, that he signed that contract just at the right time. I would say the answer to your question is yes. Injuries can change things in a hurry. Now they're depending on Priest Holmes to carry the load again. I'll be rooting for him.

Why?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2007, 01:04:00 AM

Well, b/c KC isn't any type of rival to us...Holmes has been out of football for a couple of years...now he's trying to make a comeback...I can only imagine how much work it's taken him to just get back to the point of getting on the field again.

I'd like to see him succeed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 06, 2007, 01:09:45 AM

Fair enough.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 06, 2007, 06:40:10 PM

But wait, there's more...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Larry Johnson-RB- Chiefs Nov. 6 - 6:22 pm et

MyFox 31 in Denver is reporting that Larry Johnson has suffered a broken bone in his foot and will miss the rest of the season. We have confirmed separately that Johnson is waiting for final confirmation of the news to arrive Wednesday.

No other major site is confirming the news yet, but sources close to Johnson are expecting the worst. If Johnson is indeed done for the season, Priest Holmes would get the first chance to take the lead back role in Johnson's absence, with Kolby Smith also seeing significant time. Don't drop Johnson until this can be confirmed by the Chiefs.
Source: MYFox31.com
Related: Priest Holmes, Kolby Smith 

gump

Starter

#6 : November 06, 2007, 07:25:59 PM

Chiefs are denying it, and local KC radio has also denied any reports.

We'll see...doesn't sound good though for LJ.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 06, 2007, 07:32:19 PM

This is what happens when you get a top 3 pick in your fantasy draft. Lets recap...

ladainian tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Steven Jackson

Doh!!!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

gump

Starter

#8 : November 06, 2007, 07:52:18 PM

This is what happens when you get a top 3 pick in your fantasy draft. Lets recap...

ladainian tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Steven Jackson

Doh!!!

LT is #4 in my league...standard scoring.  I agree though that the first round was pretty bad...including guys like Frank Gore, SA, and Maroney.

I think I've read that historically only 50% of first rounders in fantasy have a top 10 year at their position.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 06, 2007, 07:55:35 PM

Larry Johnson's foot injury gives the Chargers that Division on a plate. Remarkable how an 0-3 team likely will end up a Division Winner.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2007, 08:44:43 PM

Larry Johnson's foot injury gives the Chargers that Division on a plate. Remarkable how an 0-3 team likely will end up a Division Winner.

I guess even really bad coaching can't keep that much talent down.  Norv Turner, the 2007 version of Barry Switzer.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 06, 2007, 09:26:39 PM

They might have that mainstay if they hadn't sent Bennett to the Buccaneers .

The trade made sense at the time. Bennett wasn't playing much behind a healthy Johnson, his contract will expire at the end of the season, and the Chiefs needed to clear roster room for Holmes, who was coming off the injured list.

But with the 4-4 Chiefs tied for first place in the AFC West -- and needing to beat the Broncos, who are a game behind -- Bennett would seem to be the ideal solution if Johnson can't play.

Bennett's only big NFL season came in 2002, when he rushed for almost 1,300 yards for the Minnesota Vikings. He's been a productive, if little-used, player ever since.

Edwards indicated Bennett wouldn't solve the problem.

" (We) would be in the same predicament," Edwards said. "He hasn't been the main guy for such a long time. So he was in that same role that Priest was in (before Johnson's injury). When he was here, he wasn't going to be the main guy. He was going to be the guy that carried it 10 or 12 times. We'd still have to split it up if he was here."
[/b]

http://www.kansas.com/264/story/219877.html

Interesting comments...

#12 : November 06, 2007, 09:42:10 PM

ladainian tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Steven Jackson

Doh!!!

Shoulda drafted Peterson.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 06, 2007, 09:44:28 PM

They might have that mainstay if they hadn't sent Bennett to the Buccaneers .

The trade made sense at the time. Bennett wasn't playing much behind a healthy Johnson, his contract will expire at the end of the season, and the Chiefs needed to clear roster room for Holmes, who was coming off the injured list.

But with the 4-4 Chiefs tied for first place in the AFC West -- and needing to beat the Broncos, who are a game behind -- Bennett would seem to be the ideal solution if Johnson can't play.

Bennett's only big NFL season came in 2002, when he rushed for almost 1,300 yards for the Minnesota Vikings. He's been a productive, if little-used, player ever since.

Edwards indicated Bennett wouldn't solve the problem.

" (We) would be in the same predicament," Edwards said. "He hasn't been the main guy for such a long time. So he was in that same role that Priest was in (before Johnson's injury). When he was here, he wasn't going to be the main guy. He was going to be the guy that carried it 10 or 12 times. We'd still have to split it up if he was here."
[/b]

http://www.kansas.com/264/story/219877.html

Interesting comments...

There are 2 comments there that I see, and they're pretty bland...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think KC wishes they hadn't traded Bennett? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools