Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Likley Playoff scenarios.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: November 06, 2007, 09:52:01 AM

[banghead]   ok kids, here's what we're looking at...   the Bucs still control our own destiny to win the Division, though we have a harder schedule than New Orleans, and we have to play @ New Orleans...  so I think New Orleans gets better odds at winning the Division... 

New Orleans (10-6)
Rams (W)
@Texas (W)
@Carolina (W)
Bucs (W)
@Atlanta (W)
Arizona (W)
Phily (L)
@Chicago (L)

Bucs (9-7)
@ Atl (W)
Wash (L)
@ New Orleans (L)
@ Texas (W)
Atlanta (W)
@ 49ers (L)
Carolina (W)

New Orleans wins the division, their schedule couldnt be easier!    Carolina still plays Green Bay, Jags, Dallas, Bucs so they're done!  if we can win @ New Orleans, then were golden!   thats a HUGE game!

Assuming Division Winners are Dallas, Green Bay, New Orleans and Seattle...  plus 2 wild cards...  the NY Giants will get one wild card, then the other Wild Card contenders are Detroit, Bucs, and Washington....

Detroit  (8-8)                     Redskins  (9-7)                     Bucs  (9-7)
@ Arizona (W)                   Phily (L)                                @Atlanta (W)
NY Giants (L)                     @ Dallas (L)                          Washington (L)
Green Bay (L)                    @ Tampa Bay (W)                 New Orleans (L)
@ Minnesota (W)               Buffalo (W)                           Texas (W)
Dallas (L)                           Chicago (W)                         Atlanta (W)
@ San Diego (L)                @ NY Giants (L)                    49ers (L)
Kansas City (L)                  @ Minnesota (W)                 Carolina (W)
@ Green Bay (L)                Dallas (L)

Redskins get the last wild card because they beat us head-to-head...   so the Washington game becomes the second biggest game in the rest of our season...   blowing the Detroit game like we did was huge....  but the Redskins game is the important one now... 

#1 : November 06, 2007, 09:56:06 AM

our TOP 3 games this year, where we must play our best and NOT screw it up....     these THREE games, in order, are our season now:

New Orleans
Washington
San Francisco

the rest of our games we'll be 5-7 point favorites and we win those other games unless we GIVE it away like at Detroit.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#2 : November 06, 2007, 09:57:09 AM

1st off dude if you really think you can pencil in all those wins and losses accurately you are smoking some good rock.  no way will it go down like that its way too early, try doing this after 12 games not 8.  But on a serious note, what on earth makes you think that SanFran is going to beat us?  They have dropped 6 in a row and are absolutely pathetic while even though we've lost a couple recently our defensive is playing lights out and our offense is moving the ball with ease.  The last 3 games of the year should all be gimmie wins.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : November 06, 2007, 10:03:41 AM

SanFran is terrible, but we ALWAYS play terrible on the west coast. I think the SB is the only WC game we've ever won in recent memory. Remember getting beat by Cody frickin' Pickett in SF? That  game, or any game for that matter, is not a gimmie

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 06, 2007, 10:08:19 AM

Keep in mind, Garcia played for San Fran for many years, he'll have a extra incentive to win.
Lots of family, friends. etc, he will not lose at San Fran.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#5 : November 06, 2007, 10:08:26 AM

SHOULD be a gimmie.

#6 : November 06, 2007, 10:18:22 AM

You have to account for 1, possibly 2 more Bucs losses where there is no logical explanation...  I call it the "Bucs Factor"....    where we GIVE the game away...   ie  Detroit and Jax...    looking at the schedule,   we're losing the New Orleans game..  and our screw up games could be   @49ers and Washington....  

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#7 : November 06, 2007, 10:28:29 AM

You never know.  The only tough game I see left is the NO game and thats still winable.  Every other game we should be favorite.  Do I think  we will run the table? No.  But there is a chance.  I do think the Bucs will win the rest of there home games.  They should never of lost to the Jags.  As for the Redskins it took them OT to be a bad Jets team.

Bucfanut

Starter

#8 : November 06, 2007, 10:40:46 AM

What makes everyone think we're gonna lose to the friggin Skins at home?

#9 : November 06, 2007, 10:42:30 AM

Bucs will probably be  3 1/2 favorites...   but if someone had to pick a logical 2-3 more losses, thats one of them...  losing at Atlanta is a real possibility as well...  not likely, but possible....   but if we lost to the Redskins, it wouldnt be a huge upset like Atlanta would be

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2007, 11:18:17 AM

Why would you give th Saints a loss to the eglets?  Your prediction makes no sense.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#11 : November 06, 2007, 11:49:04 AM

and you also have them winning 10 in a row.  now that's really funny.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 06, 2007, 01:00:48 PM

I think everyone is overrating the Aints.  You see 4 wins in a row, but 3 of those 4 wins were Atlanta, SF, and Jax with a crap QB.  And Seattle hasn't been the same since losing Mack Strong for the season (possible forever).

This is still a team with a mediocre defense and no power running game.  Houston is no pushover, AZ will have 6 more weeks for Warners elbow to heal. A wet snowy field will slow down Bush and Colston at Chicago.  And they have never done well in Carolina. Just don't see that team winning 10 straight.  They will lose at least 2 to 3 more games. And with 2 division loses vs TB's 0 so far we have the tiebreaker edge.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#13 : November 06, 2007, 05:31:44 PM

The Bucs absolutely will not lose to the Redskins.    Their defense has imploded and Campbell is a very marginal QB.    He's get picked two or three times. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 06, 2007, 05:41:12 PM

Exactly, galt.. The Saints have played garbage defensive teams.. We WILL sweep the entire division

@ 49ers (L)
Is that a joke???!?!?!
Alex Smith SUCKS, and Gore is banged up, they lost their starting LT.. We WILL WIN

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Likley Playoff scenarios.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools