Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski as a starter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

: November 15, 2006, 03:42:46 PM

If Gradkowski and Gruden were to be here for five or six years whether anybody liked it or not would we have an elite QB or do u guys think Gradkowski wouldnt get that much better. If gradkowski isnt our qb next year then i want to see gruden go because in this league a young qb needs to be under the same system for years before he perfects every play in the playbook and if we have another QB unless its a vet who allready knows the WCO then thats fine but if we draft another QB then we are back to where we started this year arent we? your thoughts

#1 : November 15, 2006, 03:44:44 PM

Haha...I'd like to think that if both Grads AND Gru are here in five years, it better be because of some success.

The question seems to relate to whether or not Grads will improve.  I'm not sure.  I like his intangibles, though.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 15, 2006, 03:46:05 PM

The people that hate Gradkowksi most likely did not like the way Garcia played either so I am not suprised.  Gradkowski can be a very good QB in this offensive system.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 15, 2006, 03:47:03 PM

I think the problem many here don't see is that it takes the QB time to learn. That doesnt mean you draft a 6th round QB, have 2 other QB's hurt and say, hell give him time to grow, he is the future. It doesn't happen that way.

Grads has some backup ability, he is not frontline, future, face of the team material. Not hating, not bashing, just reality guys.

Baghead #2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 15, 2006, 03:47:15 PM

I think Grads has the ability to master this offense like Gannon did.. I think in TWO years we could have an elite QB.. that gives us time to put the personnel around him and rebuild this team to the winner we were..

If Gruden can win with BRAD JOHNSON (BTW all those people posting about how we shouldn't of let him go, well isn't he doing awesome) he can win with anyone..

patience is a virtue

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 15, 2006, 03:49:12 PM

I don't think anyone can say for sure what Gradkowski can become. He has a lot of plusses on the intangible side, but he also has the negatives on the physical side. At this point in his development, many people are overly hard on him and may be expecting too much. Gruden himself expects a lot, but he also is prepared to give him more support to succeed than he's given any previous QB, simply because the two of them click and Paul Hackett thinks very highly of Gradkowski.

He'll either get better or there will be a different starter next season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 15, 2006, 03:49:58 PM

I think the problem many here don't see is that it takes the QB time to learn. That doesnt mean you draft a 6th round QB, have 2 other QB's hurt and say, hell give him time to grow, he is the future. It doesn't happen that way.

Grads has some backup ability, he is not frontline, future, face of the team material. Not hating, not bashing, just reality guys.

That is what people said about Garcia.  I stand by my point.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#7 : November 15, 2006, 03:57:09 PM

I think that if Gradkowski has two three years hed be the next gannon but i do agree that if he does not get any better by the end of this year then he might not be given another chance. if he doesnt improve a little then we dont win another game this year meaning bye bye gruden and allen. but if he improves and continues to not turn the ball over this year then hell be given another year as will gruden.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 15, 2006, 03:57:43 PM

That is what people said about Garcia.  I stand by my point.

Indeed. Following his rookie season in which Garcia threw 11 TD's and 11 INT's, over the next four years in the WCO he went on to toss 102 TD's to only 45 INT's.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 15, 2006, 03:57:50 PM

OK ADW, we have differing opinions, which I could care less about. I hope he is the next steve young, I hope he is a hall of famer. I'm just being objective and not bias to the team I cheer for.

Gruden is THE best coach with QB's so if he can hack it he will and I hope he does. I'm just skeptical of his abilities.

Baghead #2

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : November 15, 2006, 03:59:48 PM

That is what people said about Garcia. I stand by my point.

Indeed. Following his rookie season in which Garcia threw 11 TD's and 11 INT's, over the next four years in the WCO he went on to toss 102 TD's to only 45 INT's.

thats the point im trying to make about gradkowski that if hes given another few years he could put up similar numbers if not better.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 15, 2006, 04:10:20 PM

Ok guys well we are all going to find out first hand, should be fun! I think he plays well this weekend, I think washington has the last rated pass defense, so they won't gear up on the run. This should be a good indicator of what he can do against a bad pass defense.

Baghead #2

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#12 : November 15, 2006, 04:12:12 PM

i agree Cvillebucfan hopefully we'll be able to see what he can do when givin the oportunity to make a play.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 15, 2006, 04:14:28 PM

for a rookie Grad is not that bad, by him playing such good teams in his first time out will only make him better.  I am sure he did not exspect to play this year.  

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 15, 2006, 04:18:09 PM

Until he wasn't throwing to TO anymore. Since then he's thrown 13 TD to 15 picks..
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski as a starter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools