Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski as a starter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 15, 2006, 04:19:23 PM

Indeed. Following his rookie season in which Garcia threw 11 TD's and 11 INT's, over the next four years in the WCO he went on to toss 102 TD's to only 45 INT's.

Until he wasn't throwing to TO anymore. Since then he's thrown 13 TD to 15 picks..

Yeah those 49ers/Browns were filled with talented offensive players and good o-lines the last few years *sarcasm*

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 15, 2006, 04:29:18 PM

The people that hate Gradkowksi most likely did not like the way Garcia played either so I am not suprised.  Gradkowski can be a very good QB in this offensive system.

i see grads as a garcia clone too - undersized, very mobile, accurate on intermediate routes, not a deep-ball guy....obviously garcia is crap now, but he was pro-bowl caliber for a few years, and if it hadn't taken him until 30 or 31 to get his shot, i think he'd have had a very distinguished NFL career.

gradkowski still isn't familiar with his weapons, and needs to learn how to use his legs better, but if his WRs could hang onto a few more passes, we might all be talking about him very differently right now.

the kid is going to get much better, but i honestly think it's going to take an offseason and training camp for him to make a big leap forward.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 15, 2006, 04:22:05 PM

Guys, news flash, Garcia was not the superstar some are thinking...

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 15, 2006, 04:25:23 PM

BREAKING NEWS:  Chris Simms still hasn't proved he is starter material.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 15, 2006, 04:25:46 PM

Jeff Garcia never made the Pro Bowl and never had back to back 30 TD passing seasons....... ::)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 15, 2006, 04:26:30 PM

I don't think anybody really considers him a superstar. At least I don't. However, he did become a very effective QB in the system.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 15, 2006, 04:31:53 PM

Age caught up with Garcia as he entered the league late.  Not to mention he is pretty fragile.  Bruce luckily is far more durable and is younger.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 15, 2006, 04:33:25 PM

ok if we are lucky and hit the 6th round home run pick, we got Garcia.

As I said the week he started, lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.....

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 15, 2006, 04:35:47 PM

ok if we are lucky and hit the 6th round home run pick, we got Garcia.

As I said the week he started, lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.....

Fair enough.    ;D ;D ;D

coopsxx

Starter
#24 : November 15, 2006, 05:17:22 PM

i think people are also scared that we will pass over a top 5 QB in the draft too.

the most important thing is that Gruden likes him and trusts him, thats why he will be here as long as John is.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 15, 2006, 05:43:07 PM

According to Sr on WDAE this evening Gruden thinks he jas found the QB to run his offense, and he will be sticking with Gradkowski.  Unless he totally regresses or get injured Grads will be starting the rest of the season, and most likely enter TC next summer as the starter.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 15, 2006, 08:37:34 PM

Gannon wasn't exactly lighting it up early on either.  It's early to guess on grads right now.  I may see a potential starter, others see a "backup at best".  None of us have the information or experience to make that a qualified opinion.  My view, at this point, is just as valid, or idiotic,  as any other.  And notne of those others are any more valid than mine...

Although I do seem to have Gruden's agreement, so I think I have one expert on my side.  Any other experts weighed in against?

#27 : November 15, 2006, 10:53:19 PM

Grads is still a rookie with bugs getting worked out of his game.  He is going to make mistakes, until he gets well acclimated with the play calling, the reads, and reading the defenses.   These are all things that take some time for rookie QBs to adjust to. 

Aside from that, IMO I think Gruden needs to leave the QB position alone for a while and work on the other facets of the offense, this is looking into the next 24 months.  Even for a rookie, Grads is adequate, give me a damn running game early on, and cutting down on the damn mistakes so we don't always have to hang it on Grads.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : November 15, 2006, 11:07:34 PM

Haha...I'd like to think that if both Grads AND Gru are here in five years, it better be because of some success.

The question seems to relate to whether or not Grads will improve. I'm not sure. I like his intangibles, though.
   Can anyone explain these damn "intangibles"?

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 15, 2006, 11:20:40 PM

Haha...I'd like to think that if both Grads AND Gru are here in five years, it better be because of some success.

The question seems to relate to whether or not Grads will improve. I'm not sure. I like his intangibles, though.
   Can anyone explain these damn "intangibles"?
Sure, they cover most of the areas Simms sucks at...
:p
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski as a starter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools