Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foxsports.com power rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNasty24

Second String

: November 06, 2007, 12:53:59 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

I know most of you don't take power rankings too seriously, but this is a little ridiculous.  They rank the Saints as the 8th best team in the league, 7 spots ahead of the Bucs.  Not only have we beaten them head-to-head, but we have a better record.  How can a team thats in 3rd place in the supposedly weak NFC south be the 8th best team in football????  It makes no sense

Why is the media is obssessed with the Saints?  Its almost like they are trying to cover their own asses for predicting the Saints to walk into the Super Bowl.  Im not saying the Saints aren' a good team, and it will probably be a tough battle for the division title, but this really bothers me.   

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Buc31

Starter

#1 : November 06, 2007, 12:55:49 PM

screw fox and the saints!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 06, 2007, 01:02:32 PM

Might it be because they are not as mistake prone. They also beat the Hawks and Jags (quite handily) and we lost to both of them.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

thanson

Starter

#3 : November 06, 2007, 01:04:25 PM

Time will tell when we face off head to head

BucNasty24

Second String

#4 : November 06, 2007, 01:07:50 PM

Might it be because they are not as mistake prone. They also beat the Hawks and Jags (quite handily) and we lost to both of them.

I wouldn't call them less mistake prone by any stretch of the imagination.  In the past 2 or 3 games maybe, but the Bucs played almost mistake free football for the first half of the season.  I think its a bad idea to doubt the Saints....Drew Brees scares the hell out of me....but I still think we match up well with them because we know how to shut down Reggie Bush.  

thanson

Starter

#5 : November 06, 2007, 01:08:47 PM

I agree Big Nasty

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2007, 01:10:54 PM

Our safeties are playing well. Reggie Bush is not a major threat to us. And the Saints secondary is questionable.

I think we have the edge.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 06, 2007, 01:13:32 PM

I see a similar situation as only a few years ago. Michael Vick and the Falcons came to Tampa with a huge amount of hype about how this was the Falcons year, Vick was Superman and they were going to steamroll the league to the Lombardi trophy. No attention was paid whatsoever to the Bucs and the great defense they were playing even though they were tied for 1st place at the time.
The Saints will get all the hype going into that game and the Bucs will be ignored. Then it will be time to stick it to all the doubters.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 06, 2007, 01:21:13 PM

The only thing scary about the Saints is the amount of points they put up. Their  FG kicker stinks and they have to go for TDs to overcome that and they have been playing better D. But, the BUCS beat them and will beat them the next time too.
GO BUCS! Rest up for the stretch run to the Playoffs and Division Champ.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2007, 01:47:15 PM

The Saints have been on fire the past several weeks while the Bucs have been mediocre.

#10 : November 06, 2007, 02:24:41 PM

The Saints have been on fire the past several weeks while the Bucs have been mediocre.

Very mediocre!!!

thanson

Starter

#11 : November 06, 2007, 02:49:25 PM

Play bennet and we will win. Of course I am basis

#12 : November 06, 2007, 02:50:13 PM

Play bennet and we will win. Of course I am basis

Why are you "basis"?

BucsRule80

Starter

#13 : November 06, 2007, 03:07:09 PM

We have the #1 pass defense in the league and we havn't had BK for about 4 or 5 games. That is saying something. I don't think Brees will pick us apart like he has done the past 4 weeks. Bush doesn't scare me running the ball and their defense sucks. We are better than the Saints, we proved it in week 2 and let's hope we can do it again in week 13. GO BUCS!

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#14 : November 06, 2007, 04:21:46 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

I know most of you don't take power rankings too seriously, but this is a little ridiculous.  They rank the Saints as the 8th best team in the league, 7 spots ahead of the Bucs.  Not only have we beaten them head-to-head, but we have a better record.  How can a team thats in 3rd place in the supposedly weak NFC south be the 8th best team in football???? It makes no sense

Why is the media is obssessed with the Saints?  Its almost like they are trying to cover their own asses for predicting the Saints to walk into the Super Bowl.  Im not saying the Saints aren' a good team, and it will probably be a tough battle for the division title, but this really bothers me.   

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

just a guess here, but I'm going to say that its because of the way they play'd thier last 4 games....they dominated the field...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foxsports.com power rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools