Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foxsports.com power rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 06, 2007, 04:33:57 PM

just a guess here, but I'm going to say that its because of the way they play'd thier last 4 games....they dominated the field...

Logic need not apply here red......

Dominico

Starter

#16 : November 06, 2007, 04:53:08 PM

Jason Cole at Yahoo has us ranked 16th but I found his comment interesting
"Maybe Tampa Bay deserves a little more respect than they're getting in this week's rankings, but I'm not impressed with the way they have played the past three weeks. The Bucs are well-coached, but not all that talented and eventually talent matters"

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 06, 2007, 09:54:36 PM

IIRC Fox works off of the FO rankings, and the last 4 weeks have catapulted them up.  What you do today is more valuable than what you did 6 weeks ago as a prognosticating tool.

Saints are a different team.  They figured out what they were doing wrong and fixed it.  It still remains to be seen if they can sustain it, but 4 in a row says they probably can. 

If you were ready to say they blew, and were a bad team, when they lost 4 straight, you should be ready to say they rock, and are a good team,  when they win 4 straight.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 06, 2007, 10:05:56 PM

"Maybe Tampa Bay deserves a little more respect than they're getting in this week's rankings, but I'm not impressed with the way they have played the past three weeks. The Bucs are well-coached, but not all that talented and eventually talent matters"

Wow...this guy needs to hang around this board a little so he can get the scoop. We should be winning games, but our coaching is holding us back!  ::)

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#19 : November 06, 2007, 10:32:28 PM

Wow...this guy needs to hang around this board a little so he can get the scoop. We should be winning games, but our coaching is holding us back!  ::)

I disagree. Our coaching has done the best job it has done since the superbowl. Look at how many injured players we have on offense. A few first year starters on defense. I think some people just like to blame the coaching staff for everything when stuff goes wrong. When things go right the players are the stars and the coaches are rarely talked about. Thats why coaches are the first to leave because fans and media scream for their head whenever things go wrong. Sometimes it doesnt work out the way they wanted to the next year with a different coach and a losing season.

bucs8ball

Starter

#20 : November 06, 2007, 11:10:01 PM

If you were ready to say they blew, and were a bad team, when they lost 4 straight, you should be ready to say they rock, and are a good team, when they win 4 straight.

Caradoc gets my vote for Quote of the Day!

I take back my thoughts about how bad the Saints blow. This week I'm rooting for the Rams to both beat the Saints and not risk taking the 0'fer crown from the Bucs.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#21 : November 07, 2007, 08:49:58 AM

They also beat the Hawks and Jags (quite handily) and we lost to both of them.

Im sorry but that is one of the lamest points i've ever heard.  If you are even going to try and compare games why not also say that the Saints got blown out by the Titans who we beat and they lost to the Panthers who we blew out......OR how about just using the Saints vs Bucs head to head game as example of how we are matched up where we smoked the piss out of them. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 07, 2007, 08:58:45 AM

They also beat the Hawks and Jags (quite handily) and we lost to both of them.

Im sorry but that is one of the lamest points i've ever heard.

Not really, Power Rankings are influenced by recent performances. The Bucs have lost 2 of 3 while the Saints have won 4 in a row.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#23 : November 07, 2007, 09:39:42 AM

well then by looking at recent performances the rankers would see that we dominated the Lions and Jags both offensively and defensively.  admit it that the Saints are loved by the media.......are you telling me that the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Packers, Giants are the only teams that look better than the Saints right now.  id put the Browns and Lions with their 3 wins in a row and superior records ahead of them.  Id also rank Tampa, San Diego, and Seattle ahead of them as well.  13th is the highest possible spot they should be given...wait til Tampa plays them again, Brees will be exposed again all the 'Aints have is a passing game, wait til they play the #2 pass defense it will be another lop-sided game.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 07, 2007, 09:54:25 AM

well then by looking at recent performances the rankers would see that we dominated the Lions and Jags both offensively and defensively. admit it that the Saints are loved by the media.......

Yet they lost and no I won't admit that they are loved by the media. Is it that difficult to understand recent performances influence power rankings? Why are you so angry about meaningless power (opinion) rankings?

We'll see what happens when the Bucs play the Saints, trust that it will be a very different game. I can't say 100% that the Bucs will expose the Saints because NO is putting it together right now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 07, 2007, 10:14:15 AM

I know everyone on here loves to be slighted by the media, but power rankings are supposed to be about how teams are playing RIGHT NOW, not about what happened throughout the whole season. Right now the Saints are playing much more impressively than the Bucs. Whether that will translate into a win for them when the two teams play again, who knows? But it's not unquestionable to think the Saints are playing better than the Bucs right now and are a bigger threat.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 07, 2007, 10:55:25 AM

From what I see on the field the FOX rankings aren't far from the truth.  Obviously I don't watch every NFL game each week, so I don't know how other teams are playing but I see plenty of areas of concern with the Bucs. 

Thankful we are in contention for a playoff spot but my expectation after that are pretty low for this season.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 07, 2007, 11:32:04 AM

The Saints also have momentum.  Four wins in a row.  Momentum is a bettable quality in team wins I believe.  If we get some momentum here after the win, AND beat the Saints again, that'll be all she wrote...

Watchman

Starter

#28 : November 07, 2007, 12:04:22 PM

well then by looking at recent performances the rankers would see that we dominated the Lions and Jags both offensively and defensively. admit it that the Saints are loved by the media.......are you telling me that the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Packers, Giants are the only teams that look better than the Saints right now. id put the Browns and Lions with their 3 wins in a row and superior records ahead of them. Id also rank Tampa, San Diego, and Seattle ahead of them as well. 13th is the highest possible spot they should be given...wait til Tampa plays them again, Brees will be exposed again all the 'Aints have is a passing game, wait til they play the #2 pass defense it will be another lop-sided game.

Homer much?  The Bucs dominated the Lions and Jags statistically, but lost.  The Saints have won 4 in a row and are playing very well.  What happened in week 2 is irrelevant, as are power rankings.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 07, 2007, 12:39:46 PM

The media loves the saints because of the hurricane thing and Reggie Bush.

They're heavily overrated. Its cool, though, all that matters is the final result.

The Saints may be scoring a lot more - but that defense is still god awful. They gave up 300 yds passing and 2 scores to Quinn Gray...QUINN FRAKKING Gray. We all saw Gray two weeks ago...he's horrible.

That defense will be their downfall. The Bucs are a much more balanced football team. They're not really "great" in any area (although pass defense is pretty damned good), they're not really bad in any areas. They can outscore you or they can slugfest you.

The Saints have had a nice run against subpar or damaged football teams. Playing Tampa Bay will be a different matter.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foxsports.com power rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools