Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foxsports.com power rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 07, 2007, 01:06:30 PM

Good one, Jason.

Glad to see you here.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Watchman

Starter

#31 : November 07, 2007, 01:20:27 PM

The Saints may be scoring a lot more - but that defense is still god awful. They gave up 300 yds passing and 2 scores to Quinn Gray...QUINN FRAKKING Gray. We all saw Gray two weeks ago...he's horrible.

Is that the same Quinn Gray who has a win vs. our Bucs?

Hey man I hope your right, but it seems like there are a lot of pewter colored glasses on these days.  The Bucs haven't been playing all that well lately.  Dominating statistically doesn't count for much when you can't hold onto the ball.  I think winning vs. AZ was important going into the bye week, but the Bucs were still shooting themselves in the foot during that game. 

The Saints are what they are, they are going to outscore you, that's what they do.  And they are playing better than the Bucs right now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 07, 2007, 01:25:07 PM

On offense they are playing better.  But their defense if horrible.  Do you not even take that into consideration?

Defense wins championships.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 07, 2007, 01:29:17 PM

The media loves the saints because of the hurricane thing and Reggie Bush.

They're heavily overrated. Its cool, though, all that matters is the final result.

The Saints may be scoring a lot more - but that defense is still god awful. They gave up 300 yds passing and 2 scores to Quinn Gray...QUINN FRAKKING Gray. We all saw Gray two weeks ago...he's horrible.

That defense will be their downfall. The Bucs are a much more balanced football team. They're not really "great" in any area (although pass defense is pretty damned good), they're not really bad in any areas. They can outscore you or they can slugfest you.

The Saints have had a nice run against subpar or damaged football teams. Playing Tampa Bay will be a different matter.

I wouldn't place my bets on the Bucs in a shootout; we have trouble converting drives into touchdowns

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 07, 2007, 02:53:05 PM

What would you rather be?

5-4, 2-0 in the division; not getting praise by Analysist; remaining schedule: 2-6 Falcons(x2), 2-6 49ers, 4-5 Texans, 5-3 Redskins, 4-4 Saints, and 4-4 Panthers

OR

4-4, 1-2 in the division, getting praised by Analysist; remaining schedule: 2-6 Falcons, 3-5 Cardinals, 4-5 Texans, 3-5 Eagles, 3-5 Bears, 4-4 Panthers, 5-4 Buccaneers, and an 0-8 Rams team who is hungry for a win, had 2 weeks to prepare for you and have jackson coming back healthy.

Even if the Saints do end up with the same record as us, we beat them in the head to head, and haven't lose a division game, where they lost 2.  I'm telling you, they have a hard road to climb. Even if the analysist think different, HOW OFTEN have they been completely wrong about something?  85% of the time?

The standings may say .5 game out, but we got the head to head on them, and even if we lose to them; and win our other division games.  We're 5-1, while they would be 4-2 in the division.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 07, 2007, 02:56:30 PM

You are absolutely correct.

Nice post.

bucs8ball

Starter

#36 : November 07, 2007, 03:44:14 PM

The Saints are what they are, they are going to outscore you, that's what they do.

Bucs 31, Saints 14

Pewter colored glasses or not-- they don't outscore the Bucs

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 07, 2007, 03:49:10 PM

These media polls and predictions have as much meaning as last years Miami vs. Carolina Superbowl.

bucs8ball

Starter

#38 : November 07, 2007, 03:52:41 PM

These media polls and predictions have as much meaning as last years Miami vs. Carolina Superbowl.

Don't forget- preseason- all the polls and predictions had the Saints going virtually untouched through the NFC this year. Their 0-4 start made those predictions look foolish. Now that the Saints have won a few, they can point their finger and say "I told you so"

Watchman

Starter

#39 : November 07, 2007, 04:29:01 PM

The Saints are what they are, they are going to outscore you, that's what they do.

Bucs 31, Saints 14

Point being the Bucs are playing worse now then they did in week 2 and the Saints are playing better.  The situation is not static.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 07, 2007, 04:32:50 PM

I strongly disagree that the Bucs are playing worse than there were in week 2.  Everybody seems to be more comfortable every game.  The O just needs to stop leaving plays on the field.

The Saints definitely are playing better on Offense, but their defense still sucks.

bucs8ball

Starter

#41 : November 07, 2007, 05:43:20 PM

Bucs 31, Saints 14

Point being the Bucs are playing worse now then they did in week 2 and the Saints are playing better. The situation is not static.

Maybe it's the competition:

Bucs 31, Saints 14

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#42 : November 07, 2007, 06:23:24 PM

I strongly disagree that the Bucs are playing worse than there were in week 2. Everybody seems to be more comfortable every game. The O just needs to stop leaving plays on the field.

I agree fully....everybody seems to think that we are playing bad right now and that are offense isn't doing well.  When you have 2 18play drives and a 19play drive and yield zero points total of course it gonna look like you're playing awful.  There is no excuse for those, but I gurantee you if our offense keeps moving the ball like it has and our D keeps playing like it has teams are going to start to worry when they see Tampa Bay on their schedule the following week.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 07, 2007, 08:16:20 PM

Its okay... it's opinions. Opinions dont affect NFL like it does in college. We win and we're fine...

blitz

Pro Bowler
#44 : November 08, 2007, 01:27:02 PM

They also beat the Hawks and Jags (quite handily) and we lost to both of them.

Im sorry but that is one of the lamest points i've ever heard. If you are even going to try and compare games why not also say that the Saints got blown out by the Titans who we beat and they lost to the Panthers who we blew out......OR how about just using the Saints vs Bucs head to head game as example of how we are matched up where we smoked the piss out of them.

Correction.   The Bucs lost to the Jags on the scoreboard but not on the field.   If you're ranking teams, you've got to consider that factor.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foxsports.com power rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools