Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do the 2007 Bucs and the 2007 Patriots have in common? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: November 06, 2007, 08:50:17 PM

I know at 5-4 its ridicilous to think Super Bowl, but we have the ingrediants. A QB that doesn't turn the ball over much and a top defense. I believe we won with that recipe before....

This years defense is nowhere near the level of the 2002 defense. Anyone that watches our current team and thinks we are serious SB contenders needs to get their eyes tested and come off the medications.

Please, all we need is a little improvement in our pass rush and a week 17 injury to Favre, Romo, Kitna, and Brandon Jacobs and it's straight to Phoenix.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 06, 2007, 08:51:07 PM

The 2002 defense was extraordinary. No real weakness, supernatural ability to score. This defense doesn't have a single score YET and has almost no pass rush making it all the more amazing it is ranked sixth overall. A strong second half by Adams and return of Chukwurah could be the answer, not to win it all, but win the division and maybe a playoff game or two.

In Verner We Trust

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 06, 2007, 08:52:07 PM

Please, all we need is a little improvement in our pass rush and a week 17 injury to Favre, Romo, Kitna, and Brandon Jacobs and it's straight to Phoenix.

A little improvement in our pass rush  ???  that implies we actually have a pass rush to improve.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2007, 08:19:22 PM

1. They BOTH have a ~bye week~ this week.

2. They will be facing each other in the Super Bowl this coming February!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 06, 2007, 08:29:35 PM

I know at 5-4 its ridicilous to think Super Bowl, but we have the ingrediants.  A QB that doesn't turn the ball over much and a top defense.  I believe we won with that recipe before....

We need to still play better though.  I dont think we could beat Dallas at this point in time.  I do think we can beat the rest of the NFC.  Things change though.  If we end up 11-5, we obviously are hot heading into the playoffs...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 06, 2007, 08:30:56 PM

Oh great, time to clean the cat-box again

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 06, 2007, 08:31:13 PM

Go 11-5 and get the 3 seed. Have 4 seed (Seattle) upset 1 seed (Dallas). Top 6 seed then win close game in GB (2 seed). Then win close one at home vs. Seahawks.

In Verner We Trust

#7 : November 06, 2007, 08:39:45 PM

YES! I was just saying how funny it would be that the team we played first in pre season were to play each other in the SB, and the team with the lowest expectation ends up defeating the most dominating team in the NFL.

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 06, 2007, 08:43:27 PM

I know at 5-4 its ridicilous to think Super Bowl, but we have the ingrediants. A QB that doesn't turn the ball over much and a top defense. I believe we won with that recipe before....

This years defense is nowhere near the level of the 2002 defense.  Anyone that watches our current team and thinks we are serious SB contenders needs to get their eyes tested and come off the medications. 

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2007, 09:03:03 PM

Just remember, all of these responses are from posters that started rooting for the Bucs after the Super Bowl so that don't know just how good our defense was back then. If this years defense was as good as the 2002 defense they would have shut down the Colts.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2007, 09:08:56 PM

Damn cat box just keeps filling up.

#11 : November 06, 2007, 09:17:49 PM

all of these responses are from posters that started rooting for the Bucs after the Super Bowl so that don't know just how good our defense was back then.

you continue to display this ability to read others minds and be able to represent the voices of many. Just how is it possible for you to distinguish which fans are loyal and not? how is it possible for you to know which fans jumped on the bandwagon after the SB from those who have been supporting this team from the Creamsicle era? HOW?

geeesh

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 06, 2007, 09:24:23 PM

If we play the Patriots in the SB, I might not watch the game. I do NOT want to get embarrassed in front of the world, unless Gruden has an excellent,unremarkable,out-smarting game plan than maybe.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#13 : November 06, 2007, 09:42:41 PM

Just remember, all of these responses are from posters that started rooting for the Bucs after the Super Bowl so that don't know just how good our defense was back then. If this years defense was as good as the 2002 defense they would have shut down the Colts.

Every time you touch a keyboard, you manage to bukkake yourself with stupid.

#14 : November 06, 2007, 09:44:41 PM

This years defense is nowhere near the level of the 2002 defense. Anyone that watches our current team and thinks we are serious SB contenders needs to get their eyes tested and come off the medications.

Amazing, isn't it?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do the 2007 Bucs and the 2007 Patriots have in common? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools