Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do the 2007 Bucs and the 2007 Patriots have in common? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 06, 2007, 09:44:55 PM

Just remember, all of these responses are from posters that started rooting for the Bucs after the Super Bowl so that don't know just how good our defense was back then. If this years defense was as good as the 2002 defense they would have shut down the Colts.

Every time you touch a keyboard, you manage to bukkake yourself with stupid.

Front runner for post of the month right there ^^^^^

#16 : November 06, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

LMAO!!!!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : November 06, 2007, 10:34:02 PM

We would have to play mistake free during the playoffs (if we made it to the playoffs) with this team and all its injuries.

#18 : November 06, 2007, 11:25:29 PM

honestly, The Bucs can beat any NFC team. All the losses (despite the Colts) we have are by our own mistakes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2007, 11:26:45 PM

I don't think they can beat the Rams again...

Not enough front four pressure!
 ;)

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 07, 2007, 07:02:56 PM

I didn't say our Defense this year was better then the one in 2002.  It obviously isn't, but that still doesn't mean we don't have a top 5 defense RIGHT NOW.

I'm not talking about winning the Super Bowl, I'm talking about the chances of getting there through the NFC.  As of right now, we aren't playing good enough to defeat a Dallas team.  Maybe with Pittman coming back, we will get an extra boost, but IMO, our season ended in Carolina when Cadillac Williams and Luke Pettigout went down with season ending injuries.

Now this doesn't mean I dont think well make the playoffs, because I do think we will win the division with 10-11 wins.  But Earnest Graham isn't as good as Caddy.  Penn is doing good filling in for Pettigout, but he's not as good.  Injuries plagued are season and the only thing keeping us alive is Garcia and the defense. 

With that being said, I think we can beat every team in the NFC except for Dallas.  But that doesn't mean we cant improve within the next 7 weeks to be able to beat them...

The Packers 7-1 and Lions 6-2 are playing good football.  I think we could beat both of them, but obviously they would be close games.  We've already beaten the Saints and Panthers.  The NFC West isn't scary and the Seahawks seem to be digressing.  So this leaves the Giants and Redskins after the Cowboys.  Both would be tough games, but honestly the NFC is up in the air this year.

I dont see no reason why we couldnt make the Super Bowl this year if we keep playing mistake free football, solid defense, and begin to eliminate mistakes.  Because if we get rid of the mistakes(DET/JAX), we're a 7-2 team and the tune around here would be different.  Obviously you are what your record says you are, but I believe we can go on a tear with our remaining schedule.  I'm afraid of the Skins game and Saints game.  Both are winnable..

Watchman

Starter

#21 : November 07, 2007, 07:13:41 PM

I didn't say our Defense this year was better then the one in 2002. It obviously isn't, but that still doesn't mean we don't have a top 5 defense RIGHT NOW.

I'm not talking about winning the Super Bowl, I'm talking about the chances of getting there through the NFC. As of right now, we aren't playing good enough to defeat a Dallas team. Maybe with Pittman coming back, we will get an extra boost, but IMO, our season ended in Carolina when Cadillac Williams and Luke Pettigout went down with season ending injuries.

Now this doesn't mean I dont think well make the playoffs, because I do think we will win the division with 10-11 wins. But Earnest Graham isn't as good as Caddy. Penn is doing good filling in for Pettigout, but he's not as good. Injuries plagued are season and the only thing keeping us alive is Garcia and the defense.

With that being said, I think we can beat every team in the NFC except for Dallas. But that doesn't mean we cant improve within the next 7 weeks to be able to beat them...

The Packers 7-1 and Lions 6-2 are playing good football. I think we could beat both of them, but obviously they would be close games. We've already beaten the Saints and Panthers. The NFC West isn't scary and the Seahawks seem to be digressing. So this leaves the Giants and Redskins after the Cowboys. Both would be tough games, but honestly the NFC is up in the air this year.

I dont see no reason why we couldnt make the Super Bowl this year if we keep playing mistake free football, solid defense, and begin to eliminate mistakes. Because if we get rid of the mistakes(DET/JAX), we're a 7-2 team and the tune around here would be different. Obviously you are what your record says you are, but I believe we can go on a tear with our remaining schedule. I'm afraid of the Skins game and Saints game. Both are winnable..

So you are essentially applying the old "hey it could happen arguement" to a scenario where the Bucs make it to the Super Bowl.

Why not, count me in.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 07, 2007, 08:14:20 PM

Injure all the opposing players... time to super glue some spikes to the shoulder pads...

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 07, 2007, 08:27:30 PM

If you get in the playofs, anything can happen.  If you want to be serious about your chances though, there are some things that need improvement.

Right now the offense looks like one that can hold it's own in the tournament, but it needs to stop the stupid mistakes first.  Those are correctable, so I'm happier with an O that moves the ball but makes errors, rather than a clean O that can't move to save it's life.  The recent penalties should be straightened out, as well as the other mental lapses.

The D just needs a pass rush.  All the other pieces are there, if we can start getting a fairly consistent rush from the front 4 we are set.

So if we can change our yards-gained per point scored to something closer to league average, and get a rush from our line, then we're a team to be respected going into the postseason.  And neither is out of reach.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 07, 2007, 08:29:26 PM

I love the bucs.. but if we even make it to the SB.. and play the pats.. We will get beat worse then we beat the raiders.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 07, 2007, 08:33:08 PM

I love the bucs.. but if we even make it to the SB.. and play the pats.. We will get beat worse then we beat the raiders.

We just gotta do what the Colts did, but execute better.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 07, 2007, 08:47:28 PM

who cares if we get embarressed...

I rather make the Superbowl and get blown out...then not make it at all..

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 07, 2007, 10:34:19 PM

Damn cat box just keeps filling up.

Need to get a bigger box.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

LA BUC

Starter

#28 : November 08, 2007, 12:40:10 AM

Its the D-Line and the TE that need to turn into something special for us to have a chance... It could happen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 08, 2007, 01:01:40 AM

who cares if we get embarressed...

I rather make the Superbowl and get blown out...then not make it at all..
Getting embarressed...lol!

The Bucs are not making the Superbowl.  BUt I get your point.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do the 2007 Bucs and the 2007 Patriots have in common? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools