Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McKay's fortunes drowned in Falcons' failure « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 08, 2007, 01:13:47 PM

"Rick McKay not so long ago used a sustained mastery of the NFL draft to transform the timid Tampa Bay Buccaneers into a Super Bowl champion."

Man, I missed this part - must have done a Rip Van Winkle.  Sustained what?????

And bornabutt - the Falcons' struggle is not limited to this season - it preceded and has continued Rich's arrival. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucNGator

Starter

#16 : November 08, 2007, 02:20:48 PM

It's not the GMs job to scout. It's the GMs job to hire good scouts to advise him. He did that. This season it is a no-brainer that the Falcons are struggling because of the Michael Vick situation. How much cap space does Atlanta have after recouping the Vick money?

Let me get this straight..... you're saying McKay is managing the cap space adequately, but only because a star player is  going to prison?? 

Your blind hatred and ignorance know no boundries!!!  Thanks for the laugh!!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 08, 2007, 04:46:31 PM

[quote/] It's not the GMs job to scout. It's the GMs job to hire good scouts to advise him. He did that. This season it is a no-brainer that the Falcons are struggling because of the Michael Vick situation. How much cap space does Atlanta have after recouping the Vick money?

Well, McKay hired Mark Dominik and Dennis Hickey, who are currently serving under Bruce Allen, but he inherited Jerry Angelo, Tim Ruskell and Ruston Webster, who were hired four years before McKay joined the Buccaneers.

Angelo spent 14 years here. We all know what kind of drafts we had before Wyche and McKay got here.

Ruskell has spent more than 20 years in professional football. He started his career as a scout for the CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1983, moving to the USFL Tampa Bay Bandits in 1985 before landing in the NFL with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1987. In 1992 he was promoted to Director of College Scouting, and in 2001 to Director of Player Personnel. While in Tampa Bay Ruskell was a protege of Rich McKay and when McKay left to become the President and General Manager of the Atlanta Falcons in 2004 Ruskell went with him as the Assistant General Manager

Hmmm, protege huh. Wow, and he left with McKay. I wonder why? Maybe Gruden possibly, maybe, certainly! It's also very telling that all three got hired for promotions with other teams after working for McKay. Just like our assistant coaches and position coaches got hired for promotions under Dungy and McKay. Also, none of them seemed to want to stay here.

While Vick has certainly done in the Falcons this year, as you state, what about the two previous years when McKay's Falcons finished third in the NFC South with an 8-8 and 7-9 records? McKay inherited a good Falcons team in 2004 that had 20 of 22 starters in place before his arrival. During his tenure, the Falcons are just 30-28. They were 25-38-1 in the four previous years under Harold Richardson and Dan Reeves, who got fired. The guess here is that Atlanta wins maybe 1 or 2 more games, putting their record at 4-12. That would give McKay a 32-34 record as the Falcons G.M. and could get him fired.

So let me see here. They had a serious losing record before he came there and now they have a winning record. Meanwhile The Bucs are 25-35 since he left and our aging stars lead everybody watching to wonder what the future will look like. McKay is not on the hot seat. Everyone on that coaching staff will get a pass because of the Vick situation. Buccaneers were 4-12 last year. Should anybody really be tooting their horns about the Bucs front office or talking crap about the man who helped win more games in less time then ever in franchise history? I don't think so.

The amount of cap room the Falcons will get is yet to be determined. Just because they get to recover the signing bonus doesn't mean they get cap credit. If the Bucs get the $7 million from Jake Plummer, they won't get a $7 million cap credit.

From what I've read the Falcons will get the cap credit for his signing bonus. Winning costs money and I'd rather have $11.5 million of cap space and a winning record then $20 million in cap space and a 25-35 record. Either way, I don't see why you would even say McKay is killing their cap. Please explain.

GM=Decides how you draft once you put your board together...ie...BPA, need base, or risk/reward.
Scout=Put board together.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 08, 2007, 05:01:53 PM

Bornabuc, clueless as ever.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 08, 2007, 05:11:34 PM

Why, because I present facts like us being 25-35 since he left? 25-33 under Allen/Gruden? At least make a point using facts to refute my argument. Numbers don't lie though. You all can talk crap without facts all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that GRUDEN is to blame for all of those men leaving and the losing since they left. None of those professionals wanted to deal with his shlitty ego.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 08, 2007, 05:29:26 PM

McKay is not on the hot-seat, huh, BornaBuc?

Ahhh, you continually show how stupid and pitiful you are.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 08, 2007, 05:44:36 PM

Why, because I present facts like us being 25-35 since he left?

That is inventing facts.  There have only been 57 games played since McKay left.  The Bucs are 25-32 in that period.

Numbers don't lie though.

Your numbers do because they are always wrong!

You all can talk crap without facts all you want,

Which is vastly more honest than making up facts to support a twisted agenda.

but it doesn't change the fact that GRUDEN is to blame for all of those men leaving and the losing since they left. None of those professionals wanted to deal with his shlitty ego.

HOW IS THIS A FACT!  There is no verifiable quote anywhere that proves that Ruskell, Angelo, or anyone else left because of Gruden.  So unless you have proof of your mind-reading abilities that is twisted opinion not fact.

Assistants leaving for GM jobs and you making it to be a result of Gruden is just another in the endless examples of your misquoting and inventing facts to justify the ridiculous.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 08, 2007, 06:46:35 PM

That is inventing facts.  There have only been 57 games played since McKay left.  The Bucs are 25-32 in that period.

Washington Playoff loss, Atlanta and Tennessee losses in 2003. Every bit of your post was WRONG. It is common knowledge that Gruden drove McKay out with his ego and power tripping. The fact that Ruskell went with him should tell you how uncomfortable everybody was with Gruden's behavior and how much respect they had for McKay. Why don't you talk crap about Ruskell? The proof's in the actions in this example. As usual, you're just a Gruden/Allen apologist.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 08, 2007, 07:17:12 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 08, 2007, 07:19:32 PM

That is inventing facts. There have only been 57 games played since McKay left. The Bucs are 25-32 in that period.

Washington Playoff loss, Atlanta and Tennessee losses in 2003. Every bit of your post was WRONG. It is common knowledge that Gruden drove McKay out with his ego and power tripping. The fact that Ruskell went with him should tell you how uncomfortable everybody was with Gruden's behavior and how much respect they had for McKay. Why don't you talk crap about Ruskell? The proof's in the actions in this example. As usual, you're just a Gruden/Allen apologist.
McKay sucks.  Gruden rules.

And as Olaf says....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 08, 2007, 07:23:44 PM

That is inventing facts. There have only been 57 games played since McKay left. The Bucs are 25-32 in that period.

Have you ever tried your hand at writing novels - avoids having folks knowing the truth and making your posts look bad.

McKay had to know he was gone when Tannenbaum came to Tampa to see the books in prep of Parcells.  When that didn't work out and Glazers found out why the end of McKay was nearing.  So the Glazers sent him out to find a coach.
McKay knew he was out when his candidate for HC got schlit canned - his time was coming and the clock was running - but good try with the bs.  Apologist - lol like that is needed with the likes of you. 

When were you an insider - tuesday of what week? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 08, 2007, 07:25:12 PM

Exactly the kind of loser responses I was expecting. You guys must like losing because Gruden=losing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 08, 2007, 07:26:18 PM

The truth is a loser response ex-insider?  LMAO at that idea. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 08, 2007, 07:26:46 PM

Gruden is BornaBucs GOD!

One Superbowl.  Gruden coached the team.

You can thank him later.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 08, 2007, 07:28:53 PM

McKay thanks Sam Wyche.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McKay's fortunes drowned in Falcons' failure « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools