Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McKay's fortunes drowned in Falcons' failure « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 08, 2007, 07:29:38 PM

McKay sucks.  He sunk the Falcons with his pen strokes.

Good job, IMO!

(Bornaloser likes McKay, so maybe he is upset)

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 08, 2007, 07:32:08 PM

Bornabuc, clueless as ever.

Why, because I present facts like us being 25-35 since he left?

That is inventing facts. There have only been 57 games played since McKay left. The Bucs are 25-32 in that period.

Washington Playoff loss, Atlanta and Tennessee losses in 2003. Every bit of your post was WRONG. It is common knowledge that Gruden drove McKay out with his ego and power tripping. The fact that Ruskell went with him should tell you how uncomfortable everybody was with Gruden's behavior and how much respect they had for McKay. Why don't you talk crap about Ruskell? The proof's in the actions in this example. As usual, you're just a Gruden/Allen apologist.

Have you ever tried your hand at writing novels - avoids having folks knowing the truth and making your posts look bad.

McKay had to know he was gone when Tannenbaum came to Tampa to see the books in prep of Parcells.  When that didn't work out and Glazers found out why the end of McKay was nearing.  So the Glazers sent him out to find a coach.
McKay knew he was out when his candidate for HC got schlit canned - his time was coming and the clock was running - but good try with the bs.  Apologist - lol like that is needed with the likes of you. 

When were you an insider - tuesday of what week? 

I don't disagree with that assessment. Gruden knew he could pull his power tripping because of this and used it to drive McKay out so that he could bring in his guy just like he brought in his SUCK Raider buddies.

But we digress. Please somebody explain how Gruden has killed Atlanta's cap? We've already disproved the theory that Gruden had no money because of McKay but you guys love to still use that excuse. Would anybody like to see a list of free agents Gruden was able to sign since he's become hc and their contracts? Please, explain to me with over $11 million in cap space without the Vick money and an increase in cap room next year how he's killed their cap? 25-35 is all I need to show what kind of apologists you are. Keep apologizing for the current staff's poor drafts and wastes of cap space. I'm suprised that Gruden hasn't tried to pull Jerry Rice of off Dancing with the Stars.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 08, 2007, 07:33:13 PM

Gruden is BornaBucs GOD!

One Superbowl.  Gruden coached the team.

You can thank him later.

Kenyatta Walker is your GOD because he was playing tackle for us in 2002. You're an idiot!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 08, 2007, 07:33:27 PM

Bornabuc, go cook your man a turkey pot pie.

Gruden is a genius.  Bruce Allen is a genius.

McKay...uhh...not so genius.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 08, 2007, 07:35:31 PM

Gruden is BornaBucs GOD!

One Superbowl. Gruden coached the team.

You can thank him later.

Kenyatta Walker is your GOD because he was playing tackle for us in 2002. You're an idiot!
Yes he was.  But JOhn Lynch, Warren Sapp, Simeon RIce (the good version), Ronde BArber (the younger version), Dwight Smith, Dex-Jax, Brooks (the one with fresh legs) were all playing defense...

You act as if the offense WON the Superbowl for the BUcs.  TO that, I just have to say GRUDEN IS YOUR GOD.  HE won the Lombardi that you brag on.

Now go kiss his butt, and get your boyfriends shoes out.  He needs them shined.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 08, 2007, 07:36:47 PM

BornaBuc - McKay didn't get driven out of town. He quit. When the going got tough with the losing and the salary cap mess he created, he abandoned ship. As difficult as Gruden was to work with, McKay was just as difficult from Gruden's perspective. Gruden's gripes were the fact that McKay went on family vacations while the Bucs were doing OTAs and the fact that he went golfing with Arthur Blank in 2003 during Tampa Bay's training camp. The bottom line is that the Glazers let him walk without putting up a fuss, which shows you how little they wanted to keep him.

The truth is that the Glazers were going to hire Bill Parcells and he was going to bring Mike Tannenbaum down to Tampa to be the salary cap G.M. and McKay was going to be let go as Parcells was going to have control over player acquisition. Then Parcells backed out because Tannenbaum came down, inspected the contracts and saw the looming salary cap mess that would plague the team for 3-5 years. Parcells saw only one or two years left on the Super Bowl window before the cap crunch and said, "No, thanks."

McKay then crossed the Glazers when they wanted an offensive-minded coach and he served up Marvin Lewis. Then the Glazers parked McKay's ass on the bench and they continued the search without him. McKay flirted with Atlanta before the Glazers traded for Gruden. Gruden knew he needed a G.M. to do player contracts, work trades, work the salary cap, etc. and it was Gruden who convinced McKay to stay in Tampa Bay. He talked the Glazers into giving McKay a 6-year contract. Then McKay and Gruden had different visions of how the team should be built and friction set in immediately.

All I know is with Tampa Bay rebuilding, getting a young nucleus of good players and having a great salary cap situation, I would rather be in Gruden's shoes than McKay's. The Bucs are on the way up while the Falcons are on the way down. To think that McKay's job is safe is foolish. Bobby Petrino's job is safe. McKay's records over the last three regular seasons are 8-8, 7-9 and 2-6 and that's going in the wrong direction. Tampa Bay's records over the last three regular seasons are 11-5, 4-12, 5-4. The Bucs are poised to win the NFC South title two out of the last three years.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 08, 2007, 07:40:33 PM

A lot....of....facts.....BornaBuc's......head.....exploding.......

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 08, 2007, 07:41:02 PM

There you go bornwantingtosaysomethingelseuntrue - the extended play version of what I told ya.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 08, 2007, 07:41:27 PM

BornaBuc - McKay didn't get driven out of town. He quit. When the going got tough with the losing and the salary cap mess he created, he abandoned ship. As difficult as Gruden was to work with, McKay was just as difficult from Gruden's perspective. Gruden's gripes were the fact that McKay went on family vacations while the Bucs were doing OTAs and the fact that he went golfing with Arthur Blank in 2003 during Tampa Bay's training camp. The bottom line is that the Glazers let him walk without putting up a fuss, which shows you how little they wanted to keep him.

The truth is that the Glazers were going to hire Bill Parcells and he was going to bring Mike Tannenbaum down to Tampa to be the salary cap G.M. and McKay was going to be let go as Parcells was going to have control over player acquisition. Then Parcells backed out because Tannenbaum came down, inspected the contracts and saw the looming salary cap mess that would plague the team for 3-5 years. Parcells saw only one or two years left on the Super Bowl window before the cap crunch and said, "No, thanks."

McKay then crossed the Glazers when they wanted an offensive-minded coach and he served up Marvin Lewis. Then the Glazers parked McKay's butt on the bench and they continued the search without him. McKay flirted with Atlanta before the Glazers traded for Gruden. Gruden knew he needed a G.M. to do player contracts, work trades, work the salary cap, etc. and it was Gruden who convinced McKay to stay in Tampa Bay. He talked the Glazers into giving McKay a 6-year contract. Then McKay and Gruden had different visions of how the team should be built and friction set in immediately.

All I know is with Tampa Bay rebuilding, getting a young nucleus of good players and having a great salary cap situation, I would rather be in Gruden's shoes than McKay's. The Bucs are on the way up while the Falcons are on the way down. To think that McKay's job is safe is foolish. Bobby Petrino's job is safe. McKay's records over the last three regular seasons are 8-8, 7-9 and 2-6 and that's going in the wrong direction. Tampa Bay's records over the last three regular seasons are 11-5, 4-12, 5-4. The Bucs are poised to win the NFC South title two out of the last three years.
BOOO YAH!!!!

Bornabuc loses again.  And again.

Spouter of ineffectual lies, BEGONE!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 08, 2007, 07:42:15 PM

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

That was so damned classic, I might memorize it and recite it to my daughter every morning before breakfast!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 08, 2007, 07:44:10 PM

SR, how about all the "door slamming" that went on during those McKay-Gruden days? You didn't even talk about something that wasn't reported: how McKay attempted to line up the staff and assistants against Gruden.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 08, 2007, 07:49:11 PM

LOL - something else that was known but not reported - McKay got his feelings hurt and tried to create a mutiny - I had heard about the DTG - but never saw it anywhere. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 08, 2007, 07:52:58 PM

McKay was a treacherous, lecherous snake.

No WONDER Bornabuc likes him so much.  He likes his men that way.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 08, 2007, 08:00:42 PM

Don't know about hateabuc's propensity but I have heard a lot about McKay that made me wonder why he wasn't shown the road earlier - but what you hear isn't always accurate.  So you just wonder about some of it.  (like the Simms pick)

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 08, 2007, 08:11:33 PM

McKay then crossed the Glazers when they wanted an offensive-minded coach and he served up Marvin Lewis. Then the Glazers parked McKay's butt on the bench and they continued the search without him. McKay flirted with Atlanta before the Glazers traded for Gruden. Gruden knew he needed a G.M. to do player contracts, work trades, work the salary cap, etc. and it was Gruden who convinced McKay to stay in Tampa Bay. He talked the Glazers into giving McKay a 6-year contract. Then McKay and Gruden had different visions of how the team should be built and friction set in immediately.

BORNABUC...COMPLETELY OWNED...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McKay's fortunes drowned in Falcons' failure « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools