Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Anthony Davis Injured « previous next »
Page: 1

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

: November 15, 2006, 05:15:50 PM

The Bucs added starting left tackle Anthony Davis to the injury list with a sprained ankle.

Davis sustained the injury during Wednesday’s practice and is questionable for Sunday’s game against Washington. Cornell Green worked with the first team in Davis’ place and would start if Davis is unable to go.

Four other starters are questionable for the Redskins game: cornerback Juran Bolden (hip), defensive end Simeon Rice (shoulder), linebacker Shelton Quarles (knee) and defensive tackle Ellis Wyms (ankle). Rice, Quarles and Wyms did not play against Carolina Monday night.

Running back Michael Pittman (shoulder) and tackle Donald Penn (foot) also are questionable.

“It’s hard to play these guys until they can come out and physically practice,” Coach Jon Gruden said. “In the meantime, we continue to do the best we can.”

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 15, 2006, 05:40:10 PM

yikes, i completely forgot we had re-signed cornell green....best of luck to him, the hits just keep on coming....

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 15, 2006, 06:37:34 PM

Are we really worse off without Bolden? I guess when it rains, it pours.

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 15, 2006, 07:19:17 PM

Please...Please...Please use Buchannon instead of Cox.......I don't think the Tampa Fire Department has enough trucks to put all the fires from all the teams he is going to get torched.  And how about bringing Z-man up to the active roster for game day?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 15, 2006, 07:52:35 PM

Bolden is a solid nickel back, but as a starting corner I don't think he has enough talent.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 16, 2006, 09:47:00 AM

Bolden is a solid nickel back, but as a starting corner I don't think he has enough talent.

Bolden is a matchup guy. He doesn't matchup with someone like Steve Smith but if he was on KJ all night long KJ'ed never get a catch. I really do wonder with his size and skills if he's not a possible S candidate.

I was thinking if we had some good young corners, you could maybe move Bolden to SS, Ronde to FS and roll like that.  Problem is our young corners would get burned worst than a Fire Marshall Bill experiment...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

watson

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 16, 2006, 12:26:17 PM

Bolden is a matchup guy. He doesn't matchup with someone like Steve Smith but if he was on KJ all night long KJ'ed never get a catch. I really do wonder with his size and skills if he's not a possible S candidate.

I was thinking if we had some good young corners, you could maybe move Bolden to SS, Ronde to FS and roll like that.  Problem is our young corners would get burned worst than a Fire Marshall Bill experiment...
Chev,
They might not get burned as much as we think.  If they have the top cover that the safeties provide they might not look as bad.  I'm thinking that they could use Zemaitis and Buchannon and even move Blue Adams back to the CB position.  As long as Cox is not in the mix there is a chance this concept might work better.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Anthony Davis Injured « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools