Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Cadillac Be an Elite Back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 16, 2006, 12:10:41 PM

I think he's already an elite back.
How right you are.

To be an elite back he needs to catch the damned ball and pick up the pass rush a little more effectively. IMO.

#16 : November 16, 2006, 12:15:32 PM

I think he's already an elite back.
How right you are.

To be an elite back he needs to catch the damned ball and pick up the pass rush a little more effectively. IMO.
Nobody's perfect at them all. Quite frankly if he improved in one of the those areas I'd be happy.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : November 16, 2006, 12:17:52 PM

I think in terms of running, he is very close to being elite. My criteria is simple; how does he perform with what he has? Last season, with an abysmal OL he was able to break 1,000 yards with the box stacked against him. That's saying something. This year nobody is performing well. Is he there yet? No, he isn't there yet because he hasn't been able to consistently do anything. He hasn't been the same guy he was last year. Can he be? I will go even one further and say that he is going to be as soon as we can get better OL play and any threat of a deep passing game.

We need to prove that teams can't play us with 8 in the box all the time. Unfortunately, to this point, we haven't been able to prove that. Until then we aren't going to be able to run with any success, and we shouldn't say that Cadillac is not elite because he can't bang it up against 8 man fronts all day long. When he has a hole he hits it hard - look at the draw play last week on 2nd down. If it's there he is elite, if not he isn't.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 16, 2006, 12:19:06 PM

Guys, 2nd year RB on an awful offense. Lets not bash the guy just yet. If we are giving a 6th round QB time to grow and learn I think we can give the #5 overall pick some time to learn the blitz pickups and work on his catching....

Baghead #2

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 16, 2006, 03:36:26 PM

In fairness, until the oline opens some cracks/holes, caddy can't be evaluated. When Gruden kept him under wraps last year in the pre-season, the league had no answer for him. let's see what he can do behind a good run blocking line.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Cadillac Be an Elite Back? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools