Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, Sal Paolantonio loves Gruden. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Pulling Guard

Second String

: November 09, 2007, 10:17:57 AM

He's on with Ron and Ian right now just gushing over Gruden. It's driving Beckles crazy, though. ;D

#1 : November 09, 2007, 10:22:07 AM

It should be eye opening to some of the Goobers in Tampa that cant stand him

Away from Tampa....he is considered an elite level coach and there will be 5-6 NFL owners lining up at one Buc if he is let go

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : November 09, 2007, 10:24:26 AM

lol. I know beckles doesnt like gruden. I heard him say that they didnt hit it off very well in their initial meeting. Ever since Beckles allways says he doesnt support gruden but he says he is a good coach. I think its personal.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#3 : November 09, 2007, 10:27:35 AM

I don't think Gruden walks on water, but I think Sal is right in the fact that he would get a job pretty quick if we canned him.

#4 : November 09, 2007, 10:39:29 AM

Everytime ANYONE comes on the air and talks positive about Gruden the Ron and Ian show meltsdown with Goobers

I know because last season I gave him a vote of confidence on air...and it was non stop anti gruden smack from start to finish

Listen to the rest of their show today....Sal just pulled the goobers from the woodwork...they will be in full force now

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 09, 2007, 12:14:16 PM

It should be eye opening to some of the Goobers in Tampa that cant stand him

Away from Tampa....he is considered an elite level coach and there will be 5-6 NFL owners lining up at one Buc if he is let go

True...and with what is happening to Reid up in Philly, Gruden's shine is a little brighter...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 09, 2007, 12:40:15 PM

Maybe it's because Sal wants him up there in Philly. He seems to do most of his reporting from the Eagles headquarters and covers them for the most part.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 09, 2007, 01:16:36 PM

Gruden is held in extremely high regard throughout the league, and rightfully so, compared to the majority of existing head coaches in the NFL. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 09, 2007, 01:21:24 PM

Gruden is held in extremely high regard throughout the league, and rightfully so, compared to the majority of existing head coaches in the NFL. 

And the fact that he is so reviled and hated by the local media should tell you something about their credibility.

Gruden is an excellent coach and once he gets the necessary pieces in place the Bucs will be right back at the top of the league.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 09, 2007, 01:24:41 PM

Yes the local hacks are still swinging from McKays strap.  Wish we had him back ;)

#10 : November 09, 2007, 02:37:37 PM

I don't think Gruden walks on water, but I think Sal is right in the fact that he would get a job pretty quick if we canned him.

So did Dungy but when he left, it was surely time for him to go.

Gruden is an excellent coach and once he gets the necessary pieces in place the Bucs will be right back at the top of the league.

How long must we wait for these pieces to be put in place? Our offense is no better than it was 5 yrs ago.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 09, 2007, 03:01:22 PM

Hate,

Don't disagree with you ofter, but I do on that statement.

Our offense is the best its been since the SB. Maybe to you it doesn't seem better but it does to me. Except for the Colts game, I felt we had a reasonable chance for a win in every game. We have the best OL we've had in my memory-even with Wade. We are putting up points. Stupid mistakes cost us 2 games. We also have the best 1 & 2 wide receivers in some time. Granted we may not be blowing out as many teams as we should, but we are so close.

Please explain your rationale.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 09, 2007, 03:12:25 PM

Hate,

Don't disagree with you ofter, but I do on that statement.

Our offense is the best its been since the SB. Maybe to you it doesn't seem better but it does to me. Except for the Colts game, I felt we had a reasonable chance for a win in every game. We have the best OL we've had in my memory-even with Wade. We are putting up points. Stupid mistakes cost us 2 games. We also have the best 1 & 2 wide receivers in some time. Granted we may not be blowing out as many teams as we should, but we are so close.

Please explain your rationale.

That was my thought as well.  I see progress on the OL,  Safeties, no drop off at LB QB play has been excellent. 

Not having premium picks plus salary cap stuff certainly took its toll but things are looking very bright for the future and this is despite some huge coaching losses.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 09, 2007, 03:13:26 PM

This is the best offense we've had in a long time.    I think it's better than the superbowl season.  

Balls Out

Starter
#14 : November 09, 2007, 03:20:00 PM

This is the best offense we've had in a long time.    I think it's better than the superbowl season.   

It is off to a far better start anyway, the 2002 offence didn't find its rhythm until much later in the year...and I'll take Garcia over Johnson any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, Sal Paolantonio loves Gruden. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools