Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, Sal Paolantonio loves Gruden. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 09, 2007, 09:44:16 PM

Smith should have caught that ball in the EZ.  It would have gave the Bucs 24 points.

Bucfanut

Starter

#31 : November 09, 2007, 09:56:06 PM

Maybe it wasn't that the Cards didn't wanna play; maybe they were just OUTPLAYED. The Bucs bye comes at the right time; hopefully they can clean up the mental errors (i.e. Smith's drop, penalties, missed fgs, etc) that have left points on the field, because they have moved the ball extremely well in the last 3 games...too well to score 16, 23, and 17 points, respectively. But these errors can and will be corrected.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 09, 2007, 09:58:03 PM

A lot of yards the last three games.

Missed BRyant FG's, drop by Alex Smith, botched center/QB exchange at the goal line...

Holding penalties. 

These things killed the scoreboard in the end.  IT better be cleaned up, and the onus is on the coaching staff.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : November 09, 2007, 11:03:06 PM

Elite coaches go 4-12 right in the middle of their careers? Hmmmm I guess being an "elite coach" just isn't what it used to be.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 09, 2007, 11:05:31 PM

Some folks in this thread are so far over the top in apologizing for Gruden they won't even recognize that both Clayton and Williams are both busts. Clayton is a blocking Wide Receiver, you draft those in the 7th round, Cadillac Williams is a half decent back up,  you draft those in the 5th or 6th rounds, not top 15 picks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 09, 2007, 11:06:29 PM

Elite coaches go 4-12 right in the middle of their careers? Hmmmm I guess being an "elite coach" just isn't what it used to be.
Elite coaches have nice resumes.

HE has one.

And given his age, and his knowledge of ball, I would be wise to point out that you are giving him a Viking funeral waaaay to early.

Gruden is a great coach, but he does need to put some more consistency into his regime.  Problem is, his circumstance is not typical.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 09, 2007, 11:07:50 PM

I.E. he isn't a great coach.. He came in at the right time, but that time is gone. His window has shut and it is time for a ground up rebuild.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 09, 2007, 11:10:54 PM

I.E. he isn't a great coach.. He came in at the right time, but that time is gone. His window has shut and it is time for a ground up rebuild.
Yeah.  And who can win the South a few years ago with THAT squad of players?

His window is shut? 

You are on crack.  His age dictates when his window shuts.  And since he is very young still, with plenty of experience, you are foolish to assume such a stance.  Just enjoy the games this year.  They are actually entertaining, without the likes of your haterade. And while you happily spray "Gruden lovers", you fail to see that you are a Gruden Hater.  No amount of winning can salvage your opinion of him, and it is worthless talking ball with the likes of you and Bornadummy.

What was your former screen name before you changed it?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 09, 2007, 11:21:34 PM

Ahhhh...you used to be the Corpse guy.

LOL!

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 09, 2007, 11:33:17 PM

Just a guess, but you struggle in life don't you?  It shows!  That hatred will eat you up!  I guess you know more then people like Al Davis, etc. whose life is football and who made Gruden the youngest HC in istroy!  Gruden has a very impressive resume, something tells me yours is very very short!

Gruden took over as OC for the Eagles when they totally sucked!  He was ray Rhodes OC.  Rhodes was a defensive HC so Gruden had total control of their offense.  In 2 short seasons he turned the pathetic Eagles into the top ranked Offense in the NFL with Bobby Hoying and Ty Detmer as his QB's.  He helped turn a pathetic Eagles team into a playoff team.

This got him noticed by Al Davis who made him the uyoungest HC of the Raiders who were 4-12 the year before he took over.  In 4 season he took them to 3 straight playoff berths and a 40-28 overall record.  If not for the tuck rule in the playoffs with Brady he probably would have won the SB with the Raiders.  He turned the career around of Rich Gannon who had thrown for 2,000 yds. twice in his very long career and turned him into a 3 time pro bowler as he threw for around 4,000 yds. every season he played for Gruden.  The Raiders became one of the best offenses in NFL history.

He then took over the Buc's in 2002 and took a team who failed to score a single TD in 3 previous playoff appearences and lead then to be SB champs in hsi very first season.  He took over an offense that had been ranked near the bottom for the 4 previous seasons and lead them to a 106-37 playoff run against it's opponents.  That's an average margin of victory of say 35.3 to 12.3 the most impressive playoff run since the 85 Bears.

Many teams would easily go 4-12 if they have 17 players go on IR and have to depend on a 6th round rookie QB to lead them.  The funny thing is haters like yourself who say he won it with Dungy's team really are trashing Dungy more then Gruden as you're saying Dungy couldn't even score a TD and manage a single playoff victory with that same team, so he must truly suck as a HC and be far inferior to Gruden, huh?  Of course it was Gruden who brought in Pittman, Jurevicous, McCardell, Dudley, Dilger, Kerry Jenkins, etc.

Saying Gruden isn't a good coach is like saying you're very intelligent!

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 09, 2007, 11:52:34 PM

Nahh we need a rebuild ground up. I did it to my 72 Cutlass Supreme and it turned out even better then it was out of the factory. He had his run, he won the superbowl but has shown he is clearly incapable of rebuilding a franchise. Has had 2 horrible drafts and is closing on a 3rd one with Joseph and the other guys playing like crap. He is a great guy to come in and attach the inside door handles, the nice CD player and the lighting in the instrument panel, but he is not the guy you want replacing the engine, the transmission and most definitely not replacing the brakes. We dont go 11-5, and be in the NFC championship game.. he is fired. We brought in a very old QB to get us to the superbowl, not another home playoff loss. Some of you goobers are satisfied with mediocrity. Must suck to be you.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 09, 2007, 11:56:27 PM

By the way.. the lack of premium picks and the salary cap issues are 2 and 4 years behind us now. Neither of those are a valid excuse at this point.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 10, 2007, 12:00:36 AM

We dont go 11-5, and be in the NFC championship game.. he is fired.

Was this guy this reckless with his credibility under his other screen name?

He is Robin to BornaBuc's Batman. Quite the Dynamic Duo. :)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 10, 2007, 12:10:03 AM

We dont go 11-5, and be in the NFC championship game.. he is fired.

Was this guy this reckless with his credibility under his other screen name?

He is Robin to BornaBuc's Batman. Quite the Dynamic Duo. :)
He was known as Walkingcorpse.

And he is a TBBBB Gruden Hater. 

He is a regurgitator of drivel, incapable of any insight worth 2 pennies.

Love the "cd player, not the transmission" reference.  NOT.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 10, 2007, 12:50:58 AM

By the way.. the lack of premium picks and the salary cap issues are 2 and 4 years behind us now. Neither of those are a valid excuse at this point.

What a dumb comment. At the Halloween party I went to a few weeks ago some guy was blabbing the same kind of nonsense you are right now. After I named every premium draft pick that was wasted (through trades, busts, and moving up in the draft) BEFORE Gruden even got here the guy shut up real quick. It seems that the two of you have something in common, you spew your garbage without even knowing the truth or blatantly ignoring it. Kenyatta Walker, Cosey Coleman, Anthony McFarland, Shaun King, Jacquez Green, Reidel Anthony, two 1's for Keyshawn, two 1's and two 2's for Gruden, all represent 1st and 2nd round draft picks that were either wasted or traded away for Gruden all within the last 10 years. Keyshawn was ok for us but definitely not worth two 1's. I included Green and Anthony because there are plenty of 9 and 10 year vets contributing in the league today. The point is that all of these wasted or traded away picks represent what should be a significant portion of the backbone of this team today. To say "those picks were a few years ago, they don't matter" is just flat out dumb, they matter a great deal. Throw in the well known salary cap problems Gruden had to deal with, as well as the talent deficient offense he inherited and it's amazing we have two division titles (possibly on our way to a 3rd) and a SB title under his watch. Yet people want to act as though the man had everything necessary to avoid a few rough seasons, it's pathetic.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, Sal Paolantonio loves Gruden. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools