Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise Chris Simms? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 16, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »

I think they will offer Simms a three-year deal that is cap friendly, is tempting to Chris and doesn’t hurt us if we cut him in a year.  Something like $3 million signing bonus, salaries of $1 million a year with roster bonuses in the 2nd and 3rd years would be OK.  That gives us the right to Simms if we need to play or trade him at some point.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #31 : November 16, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »

IF Gruden is smart he brings back Simms, as much as he LOVES Grad's he can't put his own job on the line with Grad's and McCown, there are no great Vet QB's out there that can come in an run his system.  You can talk about Favre all you want but the fact is in his first few games he looked just as bad as Simms, he is old and is even more of a gun slinger than Simms and takes way more risks.
Simms has earned starts over Brad, and Griese, he will do the same thing against Grad's. Talent goes a long way, and Grad's only has the upper hand in mobility.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #32 : November 16, 2006, 01:57:21 PM »

This isn't even a debatable topic.  This is just crazy!

gone

Hall of Famer
« #33 : November 16, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »

I wouldn;t be surprised to se us make an offer.  I WOULD be surprised to see him sign it, but I wonder what other offers he might attract.  Considering people were all nuts calling Caddy injury-prone last year, I would assume that Simm's would have that tag by now, justified or not.  Add in the horrendous start and he probably won;t generate a ton of offers with substantial cash.  He'll get more than vet min, no doubt, but he's not gonna see the kinda cash that lights up your eyes...
IF Gruden is smart he brings back Simms, as much as he LOVES Grad's he can't put his own job on the line with Grad's and McCown, there are no great Vet QB's out there that can come in an run his system.  You can talk about Favre all you want but the fact is in his first few games he looked just as bad as Simms, he is old and is even more of a gun slinger than Simms and takes way more risks.
Simms has earned starts over Brad, and Griese, he will do the same thing against Grad's. Talent goes a long way, and Grad's only has the upper hand in mobility.

Simms "earned" a start over Greise...like Grads "earned" a start over Simms'

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #34 : November 16, 2006, 02:13:08 PM »

Al Davis will give Simms an offer, can you imagine how stupid Gruden will looks if Simms goes to the Raiders and turns them around and Grad's tanks like King did? Not only would Gruden get fired but he would have to swallow his pride and probably be an OC for another team.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #35 : November 16, 2006, 02:29:28 PM »

Al Davis will give Simms an offer, can you imagine how stupid Gruden will looks if Simms goes to the Raiders and turns them around and Grad's tanks like King did? Not only would Gruden get fired but he would have to swallow his pride and probably be an OC for another team.

Yeah, exactly like what happened to Dungy when he got rid of Dilfer and Trent got himself a Super Bowl ring.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #36 : November 16, 2006, 02:57:30 PM »

Yeah, exactly like what happened to Dungy when he got rid of Dilfer and Trent got himself a Super Bowl ring.

Trent got a ride from Ray Lewis and his boys and got a ring...let's get that right...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #37 : November 16, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »

Trent got a ride from Ray Lewis and his boys and got a ring...let's get that right...

I'm not saying he didn't. But I was pointing out that it doesn't necessarily mean a coach looks stupid and loses his job because a QB he dumps ends up going elsewhere and doing well.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #38 : November 16, 2006, 03:46:43 PM »

I'm not saying he didn't. But I was pointing out that it doesn't necessarily mean a coach looks stupid and loses his job because a QB he dumps ends up going elsewhere and doing well.

True that..my bad...just hated the TD reference...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise Chris Simms? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools