Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another rookie QB about to become the starter « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: November 22, 2006, 11:30:28 PM

As a side note mentione in the article:
 Broncos center Tom Nalen filed an appeal Wednesday on the $25,000 fine the NFL handed down to him for blocking Chargers defensive end Igor Olshansky. The league also fined Olshansky $10,000 for punching Nalen.

I'm Glad they fined Nalen more than Igor.  He was CLEARLY going for his knees.  It was almost as dirty as Haynesworth.  I think that cat has a future in atlanta. 

#1 : November 22, 2006, 11:06:17 PM

Who here wanted Plummer for the Bucs?
That would be me. I have seen the error of my ways. Don't call the Plummer to fix the Bucs!

So did I but after watching him closely the last few weeks, i'll pass. I saw Shefter on NFL network tonite and he said Cutler will be the man.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 22, 2006, 10:42:33 PM

That would be me. I have seen the error of my ways.  Don't call the Plummer to fix the Bucs!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2006, 08:17:18 PM

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9823256

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2006, 08:49:15 PM

Hold on.  The Broncos have a winning record and still have a shot at division title but they are considering putting in a rookie like Cutler for their final push in December?

What does this say about Plummer?  :o

Shanahan has had to tone down the aggressiveness of his play-calls out of fear that Plummer will make more mistakes. He certainly has made enough of them this season, throwing 11 interceptions compared to 10 touchdowns.

Two Sundays ago against the Raiders, Plummer threw three interceptions, causing the Broncos to continue contemplating a quarterback change. In Denver's next game, Plummer played even more poorly, throwing an interception and fumbling twice in the fourth quarter, including once after the Broncos called timeout to go over their play-call.

Ouch. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2006, 08:52:44 PM

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 22, 2006, 08:55:02 PM

Here is something else interesting.

Plummer's quarterback rating this season has plummeted to 69.7, the lowest it has been in Denver and his worst figure since his last season at Arizona in 2002. He is now the 29th-rated quarterback in the league, trailing such quarterbacks as Tampa Bay's Bruce Gradkowski, Seattle's Seneca Wallace  and Cleveland's Charlie Frye.

And here is some more.

STAT OF THE WEEK

Maybe it shouldn't be surprising that Denver is turning to Cutler.

Three rookie quarterbacks won their games last week -- Tampa Bay's Gradkowski, Arizona's Matt Leinart and Tennessee's Vince Young. They became the first rookie quarterback trio in a non-shortened season to win in the same week since Week 14 of 1983 when Denver's John Elway, Miami's Dan Marino and New England's Tony Eason performed the feat.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 22, 2006, 09:00:24 PM

When I saw this post, I though it was going to be Kellen Clemens

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 22, 2006, 09:06:06 PM

Shouldn't they wait to make the decision though?  I mean what if Plummer has a career game against the Chiefs???  ??? ??? ???
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another rookie QB about to become the starter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools