Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski as a starter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : November 16, 2006, 12:07:37 AM

Could you try to explain it seriously?  Leaving out you bashing of Simms since I didn't bring him up.  There's another thread 4 pages long debating simms vs Grads & I'm not in there once. And the people supporting Chris are not being talked to condescendingly.  So do I take it you can't explain the intangibles, caradoc?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 16, 2006, 02:59:18 AM

Garcia is crap.

Without TO, he never would've been noticed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 16, 2006, 08:30:12 AM

Garcia is crap.

Take away Marvin Harrison from Peyton and his numbers would take a hit as well.  Pretty poor arguement on your part as I expected more from you.  It seems to me you have lost your touch.  McNabb's best years so far are with TO and Stallworth.  Brad's best year as a Buc was 2002 with Keenan and Keyshawn.  Brady can win with his current group of WR's but his numbers would be far better with Branch and Givens.  Garcia also ran in for 21 rushing TD's with his tenure with the 49ers so did TO play full back as well?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 16, 2006, 06:25:28 PM

Garcia is crap.

Take away Marvin Harrison from Peyton and his numbers would take a hit as well. Pretty poor arguement on your part as I expected more from you. It seems to me you have lost your touch. McNabb's best years so far are with TO and Stallworth. Brad's best year as a Buc was 2002 with Keenan and Keyshawn. Brady can win with his current group of WR's but his numbers would be far better with Branch and Givens. Garcia also ran in for 21 rushing TD's with his tenure with the 49ers so did TO play full back as well?

First off, I'm flattered that you would have any expectation of me. Speaks well of my past contributions..

Second, I'm talking fact. Not what if?. The fact of the matter is that Garcia production fell off dramatically when he and TO parted ways. You'd think if someone was being used as a comparable example for Gradkowski, he'd be someone who wasn't so dependent on one WR to make his career.

You do realize that McNabb is reborn now that TO is gone. He would be a perfect comparison for you Grads lovers, if Grads had any slim of a chance of being that good. Do you think Peyton's numbers would be that far off w/o Harrison? He's made Reggie Wayne almost as good as Marvin. He even made Stokely, who is probably the equivelant of a Paris Warren, into a viable threat. Marvin Harrison is a damn fine WR, that's a fact, but how much of his game is due to having Manning being (take note) on target when throwing downfield to him?

Brady just wins. He's not part of this equation anyway..

And how much did Garcia have to run it in, since the Niners were lacking at RB for the majority of his time in SF?

Better?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 16, 2006, 08:52:01 PM

That is what people said about Garcia. I stand by my point.

Indeed. Following his rookie season in which Garcia threw 11 TD's and 11 INT's, over the next four years in the WCO he went on to toss 102 TD's to only 45 INT's.
Having Jerry Rice and T.O. helps...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski as a starter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools