Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stats Simms v Grads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 16, 2006, 02:27:22 PM

So far he is 1 - 7 or 8 going back to Philly for picking QB's

Citation, please? Also, don't forget that Andy Reid drafted McNabb on Gruden's recommendation.

BucsAddict

Starter

#31 : November 16, 2006, 05:41:22 PM

Do you think however Chris Simms ability to burn you deep had anything to do with the running game?

No. Carnell had the best start of any NFL RB last year with Griese playing average/below average.

Griese didnt miss WIDE OPEN recievers

did you mean to type corner backs?

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 16, 2006, 03:13:34 PM

Those stats show that the numbers were close, but they are differant players Grad's tends to throw the short passes and uses his check downs most of the time. Last season teams were afraid of Simms's deep ball which helped the running game open up. With Grad's teams just have to make sure Gallaway is covered and stack a saftey in the box and wait for the run or a short pass. When teams do that more times than not they will stop us.
the defense had nothing to do with 6 straight 3 and outs on offense, or having the 31st rankind offense, in fact our poor offense play had made the D"s job harder.

So then why weren't teams "afraid of Simms' deep ball" this year? Teams still put a lot in the box last year. Whatever fear they had of him going deep was balanced by his inability to throw short...

Who the Ravens? yeah they are a weak defense LMAO, and our D giving up all those rushing yards to the Falcons had nothing to do with the options on offense... The one game he started to get back to his old form he gets his spleen busted.

As far as short passes 61% completions last season, 66% in December and he can't throw short huh?  well I guess that's why he doesn't go 3 and out 6 times in a row because he looks downfield, now there is a concept.... He likes to throw 11 yards on 3rd and 10 as opposed to 3...

Under your argument, though our O-line has more talent than last season, we have a mobile QB, (a Gruden guy) & we still can't run the ball. So saying Defenses should and will play close to the line against him because it stops the run and most of his favorite passing routes.

It is so funny how easy simple minds forget....Simms was one perfectly thrown and dropped pass away from actually winning a playoff game. Keep rooting for him to leave then we will be stuck with no QB and no coach, see how you feel then...
Gruden's ego has no bounds, if he can turn a 6th round turd into a premier QB he will truly be a QB Guru..well thats what he thinks anyway. So far he is 1 - 7 or 8 going back to Philly for picking QB's

"simple minds"?  I suppose it's the UM in you...
You really aren't good with logic, are you?  If teams had such a "Fear" of Simms' deep ball, you would think they would hold fewer in the box and we would have run at least a LITLLE better under Simms...but we didn't
The short passes on 3rd were a complaint last year too, but I suppose only simple minds remember that
Nobody Disputes Simms is more accurate deep.  But he's only 6% more accurate than Gradkowski, and given the disparity on the deep accuracy, that says something about his ability in the short game...
You blame the D for Simms having a bad day in ATL, but why not for any of Gradkowski's bad games?
And yeah, excuse him for having a bad game v Baltimore, but ignore the play of the defenses Gradkowski played...
And as far as "one perfectly thrown TD pass away from winning a playoff game"... Try saying it like this: "one TD away from beating a team that had a whopping 120 yards of total offense", and you'll see what an utterly underwhelming endorsement that is...

And why are you insulting people just because they disagree with you?  Guess you're just an assh...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#33 : November 16, 2006, 03:21:49 PM

give grads a little more time then ill decide.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 16, 2006, 03:49:54 PM

i dunno i gotta go with UMguy on this one...you say grad brought us back to win against cincy...well you can thank the ref for that game...and technically yes he brought us back to win the philly game...but c'mon dude...how often do you see kickers kick 60+ yd. game winning field goals...that was just luck...as you saw in the cincy game when shane graham tried kicking one identical to our going the same direction and missed it horribly...and for the one perfectly thrown ball, and one dropped pass thing...we might have been able to win a few of the games this year with grads if he doesnt misfire on at least 3 WIDE OPEN receivers...hell there were 2 in last weeks game....down the sideline to clayton and over the middle to galloway...at least simms put the ball in place for his receivers to make a play, gradkowski isn't giving them that oppertunity

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 16, 2006, 03:59:18 PM

i dunno i gotta go with UMguy on this one...you say grad brought us back to win against cincy...well you can thank the ref for that game...and technically yes he brought us back to win the philly game...but c'mon dude...how often do you see kickers kick 60+ yd. game winning field goals...that was just luck

Well if we are being truly subjective here Simms brought us back in one game last year, the Skins regular season game. All the other wins can be contributed to special teams or D plays either getting us points or giving the O great field position.

The bottom line is when a team comes from behind in the 4th quarter it is considered a win from behind on the QBs record, REGARDLESS of how it happens.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 16, 2006, 04:16:42 PM

i dunno i gotta go with UMguy on this one...you say grad brought us back to win against cincy...well you can thank the ref for that game...and technically yes he brought us back to win the philly game...but c'mon dude...how often do you see kickers kick 60+ yd. game winning field goals...that was just luck

Well if we are being truly subjective here Simms brought us back in one game last year, the Skins regular season game. All the other wins can be contributed to special teams or D plays either getting us points or giving the O great field position.

The bottom line is when a team comes from behind in the 4th quarter it is considered a win from behind on the QBs record, REGARDLESS of how it happens.

so your telling me that on that bears cardinals game in the second half...when the bears offense couldnt score a damn point, the defense took over the game and won it for them rex grossman gets credited for the comeback victory, thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard as the bears offense wasn't even thought about being a factor in the game

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 16, 2006, 04:47:37 PM

Gradkowski threw the ball that Clayton caught to win the game. That's all that matters. When he was called on to make a play he did it. You can't hypotheitcal away those things. He also got us, as far as it was, FG range to take that shot. You give him credit for that too. I can't stand people, on both sides, doing the some plays count and others don't and what if's. There are near-misses, near-hits and what-if's in any game. What matters is what happened.

Right. And unfortunately, Gradkowski hit Alex Smith with the go-ahead TD in the fourth quarter against the Saints the first time around, but that was erased by the special teams blunder.

#38 : November 16, 2006, 06:29:55 PM

Had 3 come from behind 4th quaretr scoring drives that took leads in games (when Have he Bucs ever done that, ever?).

well, gradkowski did that 3 times in a row, @NO, v CIN, vPHI - the first 3 starts of his career.

The Bucs didnt even score an offensive TD against Philly. Lets not compare thsoe games to what SImms did TWICE against Atlanta, once against Washington and once against Chicago. Guess I counted wrong. Sims had 4 come from behind 4th quarter scoring drives that won games or shouldve won games

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 16, 2006, 07:44:12 PM

Had 3 come from behind 4th quaretr scoring drives that took leads in games (when Have he Bucs ever done that, ever?).

well, gradkowski did that 3 times in a row, @NO, v CIN, vPHI - the first 3 starts of his career.

The Bucs didnt even score an offensive TD against Philly. Lets not compare thsoe games to what SImms did TWICE against Atlanta, once against Washington and once against Chicago. Guess I counted wrong. Sims had 4 come from behind 4th quarter scoring drives that won games or shouldve won games
If we're gonna nit-pick, one of those atlanta games was won by a DB forced fumble, not Simms' greatness...

And both Grads' first NO game and Simms' CHI game should not count.  There is no "almost"...

The difference in overall performance between the two is just not that great.  Simms was slightly better last year, but he was also a 3rd year player, whereas Gradkowski is a rookie. 

Gradkowski is 2-4 as a starter.  If we had the running game of last year, and the D of last year, do you really think that record wouldn't be better?  Neither of the two has been signifigantly better than the other...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stats Simms v Grads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools