Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowl Projections « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 20, 2007, 03:19:05 PM

From what I've heard.  The Gator Bowl is more than likely going to take a Big 12 team this year.  Bulls win this weekend and they should go to either the Sun Bowl or The Meineke Bowl assuming WVU wins.  UConn wins this weekend and who knows.

Gator Bowl has already offered a conditional invite to Texas Tech.....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 20, 2007, 03:27:23 PM

That's what I thought.   I'm thinking Meineke or Sun Bowl if we win this weekend and International if we lose.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 20, 2007, 03:42:45 PM

That's what I thought.   I'm thinking Meineke or Sun Bowl if we win this weekend and International if we lose.

I'm in the vast minority but I think it would be really cool, no pun intended, to go to Toronto for a bowl game ... I also think it would be a blast for the players who, for probably 95% of them, have never seen snow.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 20, 2007, 06:56:40 PM

Problem with Toronto is it'll be too expensive for most fans to travel and USF can't afford a bad showing.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 20, 2007, 07:14:17 PM

Problem with Toronto is it'll be too expensive for most fans to travel and USF can't afford a bad showing.

I seriously doubt that a team from Florida would be expected to bring the same crowd as a team from up in the northeast .... and who knows, it may be cheaper to go there than El Paso. I haven't compared air fares.

#20 : November 20, 2007, 08:38:34 PM

I seriously doubt that a team from Florida would be expected to bring the same crowd as a team from up in the northeast .... and who knows, it may be cheaper to go there than El Paso. I haven't compared air fares.

I don't know, with the way the dollar is trading these days.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 20, 2007, 10:22:09 PM

Sun B

Sun Bowl sucks Ive gone. El Paso is a dump.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 20, 2007, 10:29:55 PM

Sun B

Toronto is supposed to be a great city.  I won't make it to either one.  The SUun Bowl should provide a better matchup.  Rumors about a USF vs.  FSU matchup in the Meineke are swirling.  I don't know if they have any teeth, but that would be cool and another chance to gauge the program somewhat.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 21, 2007, 12:50:13 AM

Sun B

Toronto is supposed to be a great city. I won't make it to either one. The SUun Bowl should provide a better matchup. Rumors about a USF vs. FSU matchup in the Meineke are swirling. I don't know if they have any teeth, but that would be cool and another chance to gauge the program somewhat.

Ya the sun bowl you probably face Cal or UCLA

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 21, 2007, 01:12:14 AM

Sun B

I've got friends that live in El Paso so it'd be a good reason for me to head there for the game. I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd also love for us to play FSU and beat them though.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 21, 2007, 02:02:05 AM

Sun B

I've got friends that live in El Paso so it'd be a good reason for me to head there for the game. I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd also love for us to play FSU and beat them though.

Free place to stay no doubt.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 21, 2007, 05:20:57 PM

Sun B

Dump or not, still preferable to the pizza.com bowl which appears to be our only other option, per local media.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 21, 2007, 08:40:44 PM

Sun B

Dump or not, still preferable to the pizza.com bowl which appears to be our only other option, per local media.....

ya is that a new bowl? They add bowls/change names every year.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 21, 2007, 10:41:49 PM

Sun B

ya is that a new bowl? They add bowls/change names every year.

I think last year was the inaugeral PapaJohns.com Bowl in Birmingham..... don't know if it had a prervious name or not.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 23, 2007, 02:31:10 AM

Oregons back in first in the pac-10. Im leaving tomm to LA for the UCLA/Oregon game... hopefully its one of 2 times Ill be there. Have a good weekend guys

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowl Projections « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools