Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Hype for Kansas? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 11, 2007, 02:43:46 AM

Ole Miss, Oregon State, Miami would all be undefeated playing this schedule. No one close to the top 25...

Central Michigan - 6-4
SE Louisiana - Div IAA
Toledo - 5-5
FIU - 0-9

Oh wait, but they are in the Big-12

PLAYED ONE BIG 12 TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD

K-State - 5-5
Baylor - 3-8
CU -5-5
Texas A&M - 6-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nebraska - 4-6
OSU - 5-5

Next week, they face 2-8 Iowa State.

The first ranked team they will face all year is the last regular game of the season in Missouri.

how can you say you are #1, #2, HELL EVEN #3

I hope pollsters realize this, Beat OU and Mizzou Ill respect you but until then you aint crap playing that schedule. My guess Stanford would only lose 1 on that schedule, only team that would lose all the games on that schedule though would be Notre Dame but hey there JC so its understandable.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 11, 2007, 08:27:33 AM

If Kansas wins out...they SHOULD play in the Championship game.   Going Undefeated in the Big 12 is impressive.

That said, they have their toughest games coming up, so we shall see.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 11, 2007, 08:37:32 AM

Oregon, sounds to me that you put too much emphasis on pollsters.  I will gaurantee you that if Oklahoma was undefeated, regardless of their schedule, they would be ranked #1.  Who has Ohio State played?  They were ranked #1 as well.
That's the problem with college football; men who don't suit up and play one snap deciding who gets to play for the national title game.  WHAT A JOKE!!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 11, 2007, 08:38:14 AM

If Kansas wins out...they SHOULD play in the Championship game. Going Undefeated in the Big 12 is impressive.

That said, they have their toughest games coming up, so we shall see.

agree but why #3 now?

When there best wins are Oklahoma State and Central Michigan you dont deserve to sniff the top 5.

Going undefeated in the Big 12 is hardly impressive... they will only play 2 halfway tough games. Missouri and Oklahoma. The rest were cupcakes. There isnt even a middle pack in the big 12... its Oklahoma Texas, Missouri and Kansas then rest crap. They wont even touch texas.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 11, 2007, 08:39:32 AM

Oregon, sounds to me that you put too much emphasis on pollsters. I will gaurantee you that if Oklahoma was undefeated, regardless of their schedule, they would be ranked #1. Who has Ohio State played? They were ranked #1 as well.
That's the problem with college football; men who don't suit up and play one snap deciding who gets to play for the national title game. WHAT A JOKE!!

But they have played teams.. Kansas hasnt so far. Then why isnt Hawaii up there? Oklahoma is more deserving of #3 then Kansas

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 11, 2007, 08:45:35 AM

This will all play itself out, OBF.  Take a pill, buddy.

Like I said in another thread, if the PAC 10 had a championship game where Oregon could play another good team right before the bowls, that would make them look better to everyone.  To me, all of the BCS conferences should have a championship game, no matter if they have 10 or 12 teams.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 11, 2007, 08:54:13 AM

This will all play itself out, OBF. Take a pill, buddy.

Like I said in another thread, if the PAC 10 had a championship game where Oregon could play another good team right before the bowls, that would make them look better to everyone. To me, all of the BCS conferences should have a championship game, no matter if they have 10 or 12 teams.

If Oregon wins out they have shown enough to play in the Natl Championship game. Other then the Cal game they have basically dominated every game unlike any other team in the country.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 11, 2007, 08:55:44 AM

OK...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 11, 2007, 09:01:54 AM

OK...

I wont chill because we got screwed in 01. I know they can do it again

#9 : November 11, 2007, 09:20:05 AM

Kansas is impressive with that 97th rated SOS.  Oklahoma in at 82.  At least Missouri managed a 52. 

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

Kansas has played exactly 0 games against the top 30.......

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 11, 2007, 09:35:07 AM

Guys, it doesn't matter.  If Kansas ends up beating Iowa St, Mizzu, and Okl, they will play for the national championship; PERIOD.
Oregon, sounds to me you better hope Kansas loses one of those games or LSU loses in the SEC championship game, or 2001 all over again.  Now, wouldn't you agree that we need a playoff?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 11, 2007, 10:57:02 AM

It's so funny to see people freak over this.  They did it with USF, BC, Ohio State, and now Kansas.  Let them play it out and see what happens.  This happens every year and it usually works itself out.

#12 : November 11, 2007, 11:49:37 AM

It's so funny to see people freak over this.  They did it with USF, BC, Ohio State, and now Kansas.  Let them play it out and see what happens.  This happens every year and it usually works itself out.

LMAO!

It is so funny to see this from you.

You ripped me for saying calm down about USF, and now here you are saying the same thing about Kansas. 

Mike "Big Time" Ford!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 11, 2007, 11:53:55 AM

No I didn't.  I never ripped you for saying "calm down".  NEVER.  You got ripped by me for being an overblown a-hole.  And yuou keep proving my point with every post.  Keep up the good work.

#14 : November 11, 2007, 11:56:28 AM

No I didn't.  I never ripped you for saying "calm down".  NEVER.  You got ripped by me for being an overblown a-hole.  And yuou keep proving my point with every post.  Keep up the good work.

No, what gets proven with each post is your inability to make a football related point.

All you are capable of is personal attacks.

Bravo.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Hype for Kansas? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools