Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Hype for Kansas? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 11, 2007, 12:08:03 PM

What point do you want made based on your above comment?  And putting my name in your sig let alone with a false implication isn't personal?  Get a grip with realty here turd.  You made it personal with the first post I saw form you here ripping USF fans for talking about their team nad their team's players.

Keep posting though.  Everyone you make further makes my point.

#16 : November 11, 2007, 05:59:52 PM

What point do you want made based on your above comment?  And putting my name in your sig let alone with a false implication isn't personal?  Get a grip with realty here turd.  You made it personal with the first post I saw form you here ripping USF fans for talking about their team nad their team's players.

Keep posting though.  Everyone you make further makes my point.

Yep, me saying calm down, it's Elon, let's hold back before calling peopel "Big Time" was really out of line.

Get a grip pal.

My sig is a JOKE, deal with it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 11, 2007, 08:44:50 PM

No your a JOKE.  And you have to deal with that daily.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 11, 2007, 09:54:33 PM

GO JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 11, 2007, 10:22:34 PM

Kansas is impressive with that 97th rated SOS. Oklahoma in at 82. At least Missouri managed a 52.

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

Kansas has played exactly 0 games against the top 30.......
Yep pretty much play cup cakes and you can play in the natl championship.

#20 : November 11, 2007, 11:01:37 PM

No your a JOKE.  And you have to deal with that daily.

No, the real joke is your football knowledge.

#21 : November 11, 2007, 11:02:32 PM

Kansas is impressive with that 97th rated SOS. Oklahoma in at 82. At least Missouri managed a 52.

Indeed.  It is sad that we don't have a playoff to decide the true champ.  It is more important to play the easiest schedule in this format than to be the best team.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 11, 2007, 11:37:49 PM

Indeed. It is sad that we don't have a playoff to decide the true champ. It is more important to play the easiest schedule in this format than to be the best team.

yep. You look at Kansas, OU, and Mizzou strength of schedule its a joke and to think they could jump Oregon is awful. Dont get me wrong KU deserves to go if they win out but no way Mizzou or OU

#23 : November 15, 2007, 11:43:20 PM

Indeed. It is sad that we don't have a playoff to decide the true champ. It is more important to play the easiest schedule in this format than to be the best team.

yep. You look at Kansas, OU, and Mizzou strength of schedule its a joke and to think they could jump Oregon is awful. Dont get me wrong KU deserves to go if they win out but no way Mizzou or OU

Sadly, Dixon being hurt might kill OR chances.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 16, 2007, 12:50:38 AM

They played chumps.  In the mind of most rational people, they shouldn't be hype about them.

LSU, Oregon are guys to watch.  Not Kansas.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : November 16, 2007, 01:00:33 AM

I suspect no one has watched either Kansas or Missouri play.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 16, 2007, 07:15:58 AM

I guess Oregon doesn't have to worry about getting screwed now.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 16, 2007, 08:05:13 AM

wow... that was just PATHETIC. are you kidding me? does Oregon HAVE a defense? I didnt know the QB getting hurt meant the defense had to SUCK too.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 16, 2007, 08:14:17 AM

No, Oregon plays in the Pac 10. There isn't a team in the Pac 10 with a defense.

It is a shame that Dixon went down though.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#29 : November 16, 2007, 09:50:55 PM

wow... that was just PATHETIC. are you kidding me? does Oregon HAVE a defense? I didnt know the QB getting hurt meant the defense had to SUCK too.

It kind of goes hand in hand

for instance, a great offensive team could be hurt by a poor defense.  See UF this year.  Extremely potent offense, but if defense can't get off of the field the offense can't score as much.  I believe UF is something like 3rd in yards per play, but almsot dead last in total plays.

In OR case, Dixon goes down and the offense isn't as potent.  Defense now has to play more on the field, more 3 and outs, more from behind.  It wears on a team. 

If Dixon is in maybe there are more sustained drives, defense gets more rest, defense plays with a lead and can tee off, etc.

QB going down can mean a whole lot.

I imagine if Garcia were injured Bucs defense would look much much worse.  See last year as an example. I know Bucs added some good players on defense, but Garcia and the offense playing better has a great deal to do with the current "revival" of the Bucs D.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Hype for Kansas? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools