Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DT Prospects « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 11, 2007, 04:55:41 PM

Most Fans know about Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis, as both are sure fire first round picks at this [point. But Thought I would bring up some other guys that could be potential steals in the 3rd or 4th round of the 2008 draft.

1. James McClinton DT Kansas 6'0 294 4.90 40
While he lacks ideal height at only 6'0 foot for most clubs, he is exactly what the Buccaneers look for in the UT position, thick lower body, with great first step quickness. He is a penetrator, making alot of plays in the backfield. Like many defensive tackles chosen in the third round he has work that needs to be done to polish his skills to make the most of his chances at the next level.

He has played in 40 games amassed 113 total tackles, while adding another 38 for loss, 11 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 1 INT, and 13 quarterback hurries.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 11, 2007, 05:12:36 PM

Dre Moore DT-Maryland   
Frank Okam DT-Texas
Red Bryant DT - Texas A&M

These are 3 good ones, another, only a soph. from Oklahoma, huge potential, name slips me.
This is shaping up to be a great draft, much deeper than last year, especially at DT.

#2 : November 11, 2007, 05:14:59 PM

No......LSU anymore

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 11, 2007, 05:31:53 PM

Dre Moore plays a 3-4 NT in MD but the guy is very quick for a DT
Okam is another tradational productive Longhorn DT product (Shaun Rogers, Casey Hampton, Cory Redding, Marcus Tubbs), he fits the Shaun Rodgers/Casey Hampton mold. Good replacement for Hovan to say the least
Bryant is huge, he'd play NT for sure

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#4 : November 11, 2007, 06:14:16 PM

These are 3 good ones, another, only a soph. from Oklahoma, huge potential, name slips me.
This is shaping up to be a great draft, much deeper than last year, especially at DT.

DeMarcus Granger. Fila Miola of SC is the same way, could move up or could not even enter the draft altogether.

And more so deeper this year at CB and OT and RB.

As for late DT prospects, Jason Shirley of Fresno is my guy. He's not your typical Tampa 2 DT at 6'5, 330. But he's got great potential. He's very quick for a guy his size, and not fat or stout looking at 6'5. He's got some character questions from his arrest, but he crashed his car and was a little over the legal limit. He's more Lance Briggs than A.J. Nicholson. He's got bad technique, but that'd be good for us. We've got two guys who know it well. He's got the talent and toughness to play a whole lot better, which would make him even more of a steal.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 11, 2007, 06:18:59 PM

I split time with Carlton Powell of Virginia Tech when I was in high school so I've been following him for years and would love to see him end up here with a later round pick. He's a good run stuffer, very good upper body strength, and extremely, extremely smart.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 11, 2007, 07:20:44 PM

I would like Dre Moore he is fast and can stuff he may play a 3-4 but he has  good size 6'4 311 oh yeah we could use this guy 3rd round????

Formerly known as Revis Islander

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 11, 2007, 07:37:38 PM

off the subject of DT how about this guy out of Oklahoma if he comes out but he has been quiet this year and could be a steal
 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/reggiesmith.html
I wouldnt mind getting him, Jenkins or my favorite so far Justin King but any of them would make me happy

Formerly known as Revis Islander

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#8 : November 11, 2007, 07:41:13 PM

Reggie Smith quiet? No way dude, he's the 2nd best CB in the class if he declares. And thats just because Malcolm Jenkins is so much better than everyone else.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 11, 2007, 08:40:55 PM

Anyone know how NC State's DeMario Pressley has been doing?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 11, 2007, 08:48:33 PM

Dre Moore won't last when we pick in the 3rd round, hes pretty much a lock late 1st round-late 2nd because hes versatile teams like the Browns,Bengals,Dolphins, and Jets could use a guy like him in the 2nd. As for Pressley, I haven't kept up with him as of late so I can't help you out on him.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 11, 2007, 08:51:32 PM

He has done ok this year but has not did enough to warrant him being a first round pick, he was surrounded at one time by Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, Tank Tyler and John McCargo, Pressley lacks burst off the snap and has not shown anythin in the way of being a truely gifted UT prospect. Is more of a project and would be a better fit a NT then an UT 1 gap at the NFL level

His stats are ok but seems to disappear in alot of games 27 total tackles this season, 7 tackles for loss, 2 sacks and 2 INT's

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DT Prospects « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools