Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is enough for Grads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 16, 2006, 08:52:26 AM

I'm not bashing and I'm not anti Grads. I'm curious to know when is enough for the you the fans to say that they have seen enough of the kid as a frontline starter? How long should we give him, a season, 6 years, what? He is going to have a full season this year and I'm curious if he continues down his path of 17-33 for 162 yards, when do you say he can't get it done?

Again I'm hoping he is the man and god knows I want the bucs to win. I'm just curious on when is enough.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 16, 2006, 08:53:26 AM

Again I'm hoping he is the man and god knows I want the bucs to win. I'm just curious on when is enough.

When Gruden is fired?   :o :o :o

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 16, 2006, 08:58:47 AM

I'm not bashing and I'm not anti Grads. I'm curious to know when is enough for the you the fans to say that they have seen enough of the kid as a frontline starter? How long should we give him, a season, 6 years, what? He is going to have a full season this year and I'm curious if he continues down his path of 17-33 for 162 yards, when do you say he can't get it done?

He's not going to have a full year this year, he'll have 13 games. just like Simms, you give Grads the luxury of a full off-season as the #1 and a TC as the #1 and see what he does with it.

Simms fell flat on his face after all of that which shows he doesn't have what it takes in this league.

Simms has been in this league 4 years, don't you think that's enough? I do.

#3 : November 16, 2006, 09:05:41 AM

He's not going to have a full year this year, he'll have 13 games. just like Simms, you give Grads the luxury of a full off-season as the #1 and a TC as the #1 and see what he does with it.

Simms fell flat on his face after all of that which shows he doesn't have what it takes in this league.

Simms has been in this league 4 years, don't you think that's enough? I do.

Simms also didnt enough PT in preseason...in Simms "might as well be rookie season" he led us to a 6-5 record lets see what Bruce does.

Yes Simms has been in the system BUT when he played his first game he had as much field experience as Gradkowski. Things were just as fast for Simms as Gradkowski.

Fact of the matter is Simms can rebound and carry a team. It appears as if Gradkowski cannot perform unless everything is PERFECT

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 16, 2006, 09:07:42 AM

Fair enough. Simms has seen extremely limited time and was basically a rookie this past season IMHO. I wouldn't say I think Simms is done, he obviously disappointed a large amount of people, no question. I am good with Grads playing out the year and seeing how he progresses. So we give him this year and even all of next year and if he still hasn't elevated his play, then what?

I hope he does, again, I'm not anti Grads but I'm just curious about the situation and the outlook of the team in the future. I think he has some nice attributes, no doubt, I think he is really raw as well and should improve, we'll see.

Baghead #2

#5 : November 16, 2006, 09:10:11 AM

Five games for Grads.  Oh yeah, he should have a full grasp of things.  Get him outta there.  He had his chance.  <insert sarcasm>

At least Simms had the luxury of a clipboard for 3+ seasons.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 16, 2006, 09:10:47 AM

SR made it clear on WDAE last night, Gruden thinks he has found his QB.  Grads will get the rest of this season, and unless he gets injured or really regresses he will go into camp as the starter.  

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 16, 2006, 09:11:27 AM

SR made it clear on WDAE last night, Gruden thinks he has found his QB.  Grads will get the rest of this season, and unless he gets injured or really regresses he will go into camp as the starter. 

yep.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 16, 2006, 09:12:03 AM

where is this "grads can't lead combacks like simms can" stuff coming from? again i submit his first 3 career starts, all including drives to take the lead in the 4th.

as far as how long we give him, we'll be watching  grads start until at least game 6 of next year; gruden (and hackett i think) believes in him and says he's hitting all the throws in practice, and just needs time to bring that to the stadium on sundays. from what i hear was said on Buccaneer Blitz, Scott says Gruden feels he has found his guy...that means he gets the vince youngeli manningmatt leinart-type benefit of the doubt, even though he doesn't share their draft status.

and for those who are trying to say there's no difference between simms starting as a 3rd year guy and grads as a rookie...that's ridiculous...there are some things you don't learn until you step onto the field, yes, but 2 more full offseasons and 2 more years of practice reps and playbook study are a huge gulf in game readiness.

#9 : November 16, 2006, 09:12:14 AM

SR made it clear on WDAE last night, Gruden thinks he has found his QB.  Grads will get the rest of this season, and unless he gets injured or really regresses he will go into camp as the starter. 

That ought to please the restless natives.

#10 : November 16, 2006, 09:15:21 AM

Five games for Grads. Oh yeah, he should have a full grasp of things. Get him outta there. He had his chance. <insert sarcasm>

At least Simms had the luxury of a clipboard for 3+ seasons.

The funny thing is you guys will jump on Jon Gruden when he uses the excuses of "we have a rookie Quarterback" however you guys use the same excuses. At the beginning of the season people were ready to replace Simms with Gradkowski and thought we would be a better footbal team....now those same people are saying we suck because we have a rookie Quarterback.

Yes Simms did carry a clipboard for 3 season BUT when he entered the fire it was like he was a rookie. Its a much different world in Preseason/Practice than it is against a starting team when it counts

#11 : November 16, 2006, 09:17:12 AM

SR made it clear on WDAE last night, Gruden thinks he has found his QB. Grads will get the rest of this season, and unless he gets injured or really regresses he will go into camp as the starter.

That ought to please the restless natives.

I just hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the rear thats all....aka Brad Johnson/Brian Griese

#12 : November 16, 2006, 09:20:08 AM

If Gruden thinks this is his guy I will live with it...however I am sick of this team letting experienced Quarterbacks go in favor of keeping the next best guy who always seems to be younger....

From what I see I dont see what Gruden sees in Bruce, I think next year he will come to the realization that he made his last mistake by letting Chris go

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 16, 2006, 09:20:49 AM

The funny thing is you guys will jump on Jon Gruden when he uses the excuses of "we have a rookie Quarterback" however you guys use the same excuses.

You are WAY off base with that one.  The people that want to stick with Grads know the season is tanked and acknowledge ALL rookie QBs need a full season before you really have a good idea how they will turn out.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 16, 2006, 09:21:06 AM

Yes Simms did carry a clipboard for 3 season BUT when he entered the fire it was like he was a rookie. Its a much different world in Preseason/Practice than it is against a starting team when it counts

really seems to bother tony romo & damon huard...as a 2nd or 3rd or 4th year guy making your first start, you should be vastly better prepared than a rookie.  those guys were nobodies on draft day, but they've translated years of practice reps, film & playbook study, and several offseasons of work into the ability to look like much more than a rookie when their time came. even simms as a second year guy had commented on how his confidence and knowledge was night & day compared to rookie year...

if practice weren't an important part of game readiness, teams would just save their energy for the games...yeah, he was a "rookie" but he was a rookie who had 2 more years to understand what the coaches and system require of him as a QB.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is enough for Grads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools