Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Seahawks are important to us « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: November 12, 2007, 04:17:22 PM

I know I may be jumping the gun, considering we still have 7 games left, but aside from rooting for the Panthers, Saints, and Falcons to lose in hopes of winning the division, we also should root against the Seattle Seahawks.

It appears that the two wild cards will come from the NFC East or NFC North(Lions, Giants, Redskins), and that the Seahawks are the only team that will take the crown in the NFC West.

Well let's go out on a limb and say the Cowboys and Packers will be the 1 and 2 seeds, respectively, and have first round byes.  We will be fighting with the Seahawks for that #3 seed; and that number 3 seed is more important then you think.

Let's say the Giants are the 5th seed and the Lions/Redskins/Saints are the 6th seed.  The 3rd seed plays the 6th seed and the 4th seed plays the 5th seed. 

So it's a matter of do you want to play the Giants or the Lions in the first round?  Yeah, pretty sure 9 out of 10 people will pick the Lions.  Then in the 2nd round, you would play the Packers regardless of who wins between the Giants/Seahawks.  Not saying the Packers aren't a good team, but Id much rather play them, then play Dallas.  You then have hopes of the Seahawks or G-men beating Dallas and having to face one of them.

I know you shouldn't worry about this and would WANT to beat every team in the NFC, but the easier path, with everything going as it is now, would be to get the 3 seed ahead of the Seahawks and face the weaker wild card team, and the weaker of the two(Packers/Dallas) bye week teams...

BUT lets not rush things and get there first.  Beat the Falcons.  Root against every NFC South team.  Just saying root for the Seahawks to go down too.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2007, 04:30:37 PM

Of course...go Niners!

#2 : November 12, 2007, 04:32:08 PM

We will win the division, so we should root against all division leaders. Hope Dallas and Green Bay lose so we can pass them in positioning. Seattle also.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 12, 2007, 04:38:15 PM

Excuse me but I would rather have the Bucs play the cowboys in Dallas in the month of January then play Green bay in fridgid Lambow field. Unless you worship Al Gore then you might have a different perspective on facts then 90% of meterologist out there.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 12, 2007, 04:39:53 PM

yeah, but unless injuries happen to Romo and Favre, it appears that those 2 will lock up the bye weeks.  They are up 3 games with 7 to go.. 

It appears the Packers are the easier team to catch, but they just don't seem to lose.  Next week, we may actually want the Panthers to win over them.  Yeah it's blaspmy, but the Panthers aren't a real threat IMO with Carr or Testerverde at QB.

Basically if we want a bye week, we'd need to win out and be 11-5.  The Packers would then have to go 3-4 in the next 7 games.  We would have the better conference record(they are 3-0 vs the AFC, while we are 1-2-ala giving us a better NFC record)

but let's be honest here, even though are schedule is cake, I see us going 5-2 and dropping a few games because of mistakes.  I'll take 10-6, but we won't get a bye week.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 12, 2007, 04:42:11 PM

Excuse me but I would rather have the Bucs play the cowboys in Dallas in the month of January then play Green bay in fridgid Lambow field. Unless you worship Al Gore then you might have a different perspective on facts then 90% of meterologist out there.

I thought back in 02 we disproved that method.  And yeah it would be cold, but weather isn't everything.  I'd rather face a team with no running game, a young offense, and risk-taker Brett Favre who, despite his good season thus far, is always prone to throw INTs....then face Romo who throws TDs when he's getting sacked underhanded to some reciever I dont even know, T.O., Jason Witten, a running game, and a similarly good D to the Packers.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2007, 08:39:32 PM

I think the Packers drop one of the Detroit games. They could lose the Chicago game...you never know with that matchup. The Bears already beat them. Dallas could beat them....  so you never know....

Its a bit too early to be looking at that...I'll wait until December before thinking about seeding.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 12, 2007, 08:56:50 PM

OK - Sounds reasonable, rational and realistic.  -    Go Niners!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 12, 2007, 09:54:13 PM

Here's the scary thing. If you look at the NFC remaining schedules this is how the records could easily shake out...

Dallas-14-2. I think they'll sit they're starters in week 17
Green Bay-(13-3) or (12-4)
Arizona-10-6(tie breaker over Seattle with head to head win)
NFC South-I've got us anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6. I've got New Orleans at anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7. Look at the schedules and judge for yourself. Whoever wins the division is in and the other is out IMO. No wildcard for the NFC South this season.

Wildcards-
Detroit-11-5 or 10-6
Seattle-10-6
Washington 9-7 or 10-6
NY Giants-9-7 or 10-6
Philly 8-8 or 9-7

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 12, 2007, 09:57:39 PM

Here's the scary thing. If you look at the NFC remaining schedules this is how the records could easily shake out...

Dallas-14-2. I think they'll sit they're starters in week 17
Green Bay-(13-3) or (12-4)
Arizona-10-6(tie breaker over Seattle with head to head win)
NFC South-I've got us anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6. I've got New Orleans at anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7. Look at the schedules and judge for yourself. Whoever wins the division is in and the other is out IMO. No wildcard for the NFC South this season.

Wildcards-
Detroit-11-5 or 10-6
Seattle-10-6
Washington 9-7 or 10-6
NY Giants-9-7 or 10-6
Philly 8-8 or 9-7

Beautiful, beautiful post Bornabuc...

If only this could be 90% of your posts and the anti-Gruden stuff 10% -- instead of the other way around. ;)

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 12, 2007, 10:07:35 PM

Beautiful, beautiful post Bornabuc...

If only this could be 90% of your posts and the anti-Gruden stuff 10% -- instead of the other way around. ;)

I do post a lot of stuff not referring to Gruden but as soon as I post I've got the Grudeneers hawking after me directly following at all times that overshadow them.

What do you think about the results?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 12, 2007, 10:23:54 PM

I do post a lot of stuff not referring to Gruden but as soon as I post I've got the Grudeneers hawking after me directly following at all times that overshadow them.

C'mon now BornaBuc...you like to stir the pot a little bit...actually a lot. I'll stand by my percentages being pretty close as to the neutral stuff and stuff that indicts JG in some way.

Results have been mixed, of course, but the question is can Gruden be the one that turns it around? Will you root for Gruden if he is able to do that?

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 12, 2007, 10:38:07 PM

C'mon now BornaBuc...you like to stir the pot a little bit...actually a lot. I'll stand by my percentages being pretty close as to the neutral stuff and stuff that indicts JG in some way.

Results have been mixed, of course, but the question is can Gruden be the one that turns it around? Will you root for Gruden if he is able to do that?

I always root for the Bucs on gameday. Gruden, not so much. If he doesn't get it done this year there's really no excuse with this poor division. If we don't win it I'll be very unhappy if he's still here next year.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 12, 2007, 11:03:46 PM

Borna Buc, if you really looked at the schedules, then you would have Detroit with 10-11 wins.  They have one of the hardest schedules remaining.  I see them going anywhere from 8-8 to 9-7 on the year.  I know at 6-3, you think thats hard to believe, but it really isn't.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 12, 2007, 11:07:30 PM

Borna Buc, if you really looked at the schedules, then you would have Detroit with 10-11 wins. They have one of the hardest schedules remaining. I see them going anywhere from 8-8 to 9-7 on the year. I know at 6-3, you think thats hard to believe, but it really isn't.

He obviously hasn't looked at the skeds.  Washington and the Giants also have some very difficult remaining games.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Seahawks are important to us « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools