Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: November 12, 2007, 06:36:35 PM

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Simeon Rice-DL- Colts Nov. 12 - 6:11 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Colts have claimed DE Simeon Rice off waivers from the Broncos.

It is very rare that a vested veteran like Rice with a $3 million contract would be claimed off waivers, but apparently he's agreed to redo that deal to make it a minimum-salaried agreement. Rice could barely crack Denver's end rotation, but has a chance to make an impact in Indianapolis, which will be without Dwight Freeney (ankle/foot) indefinitely.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2007, 06:39:34 PM

Just saw it too...another reason for BornaBuc to go be a Colt.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2007, 06:48:50 PM

Amazing how he goes from not budging on taking a paycut in Tampa to taking minimum salary in Indy.

How the mighty have fallen...

By the way, where's all the people who bashed Allen for cutting Sim?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 12, 2007, 06:49:59 PM

Can he pass the physical?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 12, 2007, 06:50:29 PM

An injured Rice is going to fill in for Freeney?  This will be a hoot.

#5 : November 12, 2007, 06:52:13 PM

What is it with all the Rice bashing.... i just don't get it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 12, 2007, 06:57:53 PM

Ironic, yes, but also VERY funny.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 12, 2007, 06:56:46 PM

Bashing?  Just ironic how he makes such a stink when he left here about how he only needed 3 or 4 weeks to get healthy and how he was "disrespected" by being asked to take a pay cut...yet he takes less money to go to Denver... Then the Broncos cut him and ends up in Indy for the league minimum.

Just ironic, in my opinion. 

#8 : November 12, 2007, 06:58:29 PM

Bashing? Just ironic how he makes such a stink when he left here about how he only needed 3 or 4 weeks to get healthy and how he was "disrespected" by being asked to take a pay cut...yet he takes less money to go to Denver... Then the Broncos cut him and ends up in Indy for the league minimum.

Maybe the guy no longer wanted to be here.

And as for Denver, he asked for his release.... even giving them $$ back in exchange for it so obviously $$ isn't the issue. Maybe he just wants to win.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 12, 2007, 07:02:38 PM

Bashing?  Just ironic how he makes such a stink when he left here about how he only needed 3 or 4 weeks to get healthy and how he was "disrespected" by being asked to take a pay cut...yet he takes less money to go to Denver... Then the Broncos cut him and ends up in Indy for the league minimum.

He made a stink because he showed up for camp and the first thing they do is tell him he has to take a pay cut and he's got 2 hours to decide. Men don't respond well to that kind of ultimatum.

What are all you Grudeneers going to say when he finishes the year in his comfortable system and has a huge finish? Next week I'll be sure and pull up the Stat-O-Meter when Rice and White are back tearing it up while our DL continues to pump out "almosts".

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

bucs1

Practice Squad
#10 : November 12, 2007, 07:20:10 PM

Does he have to pass the physical before he becomes a Colt or could they sign him even if he fails the physical?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#11 : November 12, 2007, 07:21:14 PM

If the Colts claimed Simeon Rice off of waivers, does this mean that all 31 other NFL teams passed on him?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : November 12, 2007, 07:21:19 PM

Something tells me he will end up playing divisional championship weekend... while we will be watching it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 12, 2007, 07:24:01 PM

Does he have to pass the physical before he becomes a Colt or could they sign him even if he fails the physical?

They can waive it if they choose

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 12, 2007, 07:24:19 PM

If the Colts claimed Simeon Rice off of waivers, does this mean that all 31 other NFL teams passed on him?

Not all of them, but most of them

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools