Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 12, 2007, 07:25:06 PM

Something tells me he will end up in the AFC Championship game... while we will be watching it.

YOU'RE RIGHT SINCE WE DON'T PLAY IN THE AFC

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : November 12, 2007, 07:26:57 PM

There I fixed it..

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 12, 2007, 07:29:58 PM

Booger,Rice...Spires next? only kidding.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 12, 2007, 07:30:49 PM

BornafindagripemakeoneupifIhaveto, I am going to say congrats because I will always be glad the Bucs didn't pay him to sit again.  Plus I like run defense. No one should be paid eight million to "possibly" start being effective in week ten. He had 2.5 sacks last year in eight games before going out for the season.  He still wasn't ready to go and apparently the Bucs knew it.  Smart move. You would be complaining about spending the money on him had he sat the bench.  There will always be something to complain about. I think the biggest question is why are you even a fan of the Bucs? If Gruden gets the contract does that mean you will be BornaColts/Falcons fan from then on? There would be no point in prolonging your agony. Just get Sunday ticket.  You will be all set.  How about Dungy's blunders yesterday? Why is he complaining about injuries and apologizing to the team for his mistakes.  I thought only Gruden did those things.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#19 : November 12, 2007, 07:38:52 PM

If the Colts claimed Simeon Rice off of waivers, does this mean that all 31 other NFL teams passed on him?

Not all of them, but most of them

Don't the Colts have the last pick on the waiver wire though?  I wonder what other teams had interest in him.  It would be interesting to find out if the Bucs had any interest in him at all.  Now, if Simeon Rice becomes a Colt, we can actually see how good he is and if he has anything left in the tank because the Colts play a Tampa 2 defense which is what Rice is very familiar with and excelled in.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 12, 2007, 07:43:45 PM

Gaines Adams > Simeon Rice

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 12, 2007, 07:44:59 PM

I wouldn't be complaining about the Glazers money because I don't care. They make enough and if we're not going to spend the extra cap space then who cares. Why do you care about the Glazers money so much? I have been watching a lot of ESPN today and I haven't once seen Dungy blame injuries. He didn't blame the refs either. I know that you are only a Gruden fan because when our great players leave you talk smack about them and argue about what a great call it was when it wasn't needed or called for. His contract here had no bearing on whether or not we could sign specific free agents or anything else so it was a bad move especially since Adams is struggling and Rice could have helped him like he did Wyms and could have helped us finish strong. You're a Grudeneer, I'm a Bucs fan, there's a difference.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 12, 2007, 07:47:01 PM

If the Colts claimed Simeon Rice off of waivers, does this mean that all 31 other NFL teams passed on him?

Because of his salary off of waivers he was in the drivers seat. He could have told every other team that they'd have to pay him and told the Colts he'd restructure...possibly. He wants to win. He's going to make a huge impact on the Colts.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 12, 2007, 07:47:55 PM

Don't the Colts have the last pick on the waiver wire though?  I wonder what other teams had interest in him.  It would be interesting to find out if the Bucs had any interest in him at all.  Now, if Simeon Rice becomes a Colt, we can actually see how good he is and if he has anything left in the tank because the Colts play a Tampa 2 defense which is what Rice is very familiar with and excelled in.

Waiver claims at this point in the year are based upon current record, not last year's record (thanks to whoever pointed this out to me a few weeks ago; I think it was RedAlert).

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 12, 2007, 07:52:32 PM

Something tells me he will end up in the AFC Championship game... while we will be watching it.

What a dope.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 12, 2007, 07:53:35 PM

I dont care about Rice.. I only worry about the players we have on this Bucs team now. It would do me no good to concern myself with what he does.. I only wish we could have gotten a draft pick for him.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 12, 2007, 07:54:25 PM

What a dope.

Seriously... I'm sorry for getting you kicked off the TBBB it was unintentional and I am sure I even tried to warn you to edit your content. Now go play in traffic Mr. Grudeneer.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 12, 2007, 07:58:35 PM

What a dope.

Seriously... I'm sorry for getting you kicked off the TBBB it was unintentional and I am sure I even tried to warn you to edit your content. Now go play in traffic Mr. Grudeneer.

I think Buck It got me kicked off the TBBB one of the times I got axed. Mr Burns. I had the best sig.

#28 : November 12, 2007, 08:06:29 PM

What is it with all the Rice bashing.... i just don't get it.

I'll always love and appreciate the things he did here, but Ill tell you my problem. Back in 2004 Simeon wasnt making plays and was getting shutdown completely. He had a very shakey, inconsistent year that was capped off by a 3 sack game against an undrafted rookie for New Orleans making his first start. So he speaks out in the newspaper publicly criticizing Gruden after that game, probably thinking that he could say what he wanted and people would listen because he was coming off such a good game against a turd LT. The next week we lose a heartbreaker to Carolina, Rice's statline was 0 sacks 0 tackles. I always had a problem with him after that, and his continued inconsistency mixed with his still larger than life ego and a contract that he no longer was earning

bucs1

Practice Squad
#29 : November 12, 2007, 08:09:00 PM

Don't the Colts have the last pick on the waiver wire though?  I wonder what other teams had interest in him.  It would be interesting to find out if the Bucs had any interest in him at all.  Now, if Simeon Rice becomes a Colt, we can actually see how good he is and if he has anything left in the tank because the Colts play a Tampa 2 defense which is what Rice is very familiar with and excelled in.

Waiver claims at this point in the year are based upon current record, not last year's record (thanks to whoever pointed this out to me a few weeks ago; I think it was RedAlert).

Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me.  That makes a lot of sense now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools