Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 12, 2007, 08:09:22 PM

bornabuc your an idiot

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 12, 2007, 08:12:14 PM

Seriously... I'm sorry for getting you kicked off the TBBB it was unintentional and I am sure I even tried to warn you to edit your content. Now go play in traffic Mr. Grudeneer.

Never been on those boards, GhostofAMoron.

Evidently you have that effect on many people.  Get a clue.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : November 12, 2007, 08:15:09 PM

Biggs... I bet you're lying.. OR you just became a Gruden fan.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 12, 2007, 08:26:08 PM

You caught me!  I try to sneak it by you, but you are one perceptive idiot.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 12, 2007, 08:26:51 PM

Biggs... I bet you're lying.. OR you just became a Gruden fan.

You and your buddy Borno are absolutely pathetic!!!!!!!!!!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 12, 2007, 08:53:18 PM

What is it with all the Rice bashing.... i just don't get it.
Back in 2004 Simeon wasnt making plays and was getting shutdown completely.
 He had a very shakey, inconsistent year that was capped off by a 3 sack game against an undrafted rookie for New Orleans making his first start.

Huh, he had 12 sacks, 40 tackles and a FF in 2004?

So he speaks out in the newspaper publicly criticizing Gruden after that game, probably thinking that he could say what he wanted and people would listen because he was coming off such a good game against a turd LT. The next week we lose a heartbreaker to Carolina, Rice's statline was 0 sacks 0 tackles.

Sapp was out and they double teamed Rice all game long not to mention JJ and Keyshawn on offense.

I always had a problem with him after that, and his continued inconsistency mixed with his still larger than life ego and a contract that he no longer was earning

Look, I'll agree that he can disappear at times but in some of the biggest games we've ever had and games to get to those big games he's taken over on defense. He was a defensive leader and in 2004 we were inconsistent as a team and just like now we were mistake prone and undisciplined. I don't see the problem with a veteran voicing his displeasure while having a pro bowl type season while we are losing games after we gave away key pieces to our championship defense in the offseason. Just like Brooks cried when we let Rice go, I'm positive the same happened with many players when Sapp and Lynch were "let walk".

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 12, 2007, 09:13:49 PM

If the Colts claimed Simeon Rice off of waivers, does this mean that all 31 other NFL teams passed on him?

Because of his salary off of waivers he was in the drivers seat. He could have told every other team that they'd have to pay him and told the Colts he'd restructure...possibly. He wants to win. He's going to make a huge impact on the Colts.
No he won't.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 12, 2007, 09:24:05 PM

What are all you Grudeneers going to say when he finishes the year in his comfortable system and has a huge finish? Next week I'll be sure and pull up the Stat-O-Meter when Rice and White are back tearing it up while our DL continues to pump out "almosts".

And what are you going to say when he does NOTHING in Indy?  Make more excuses?

By the way, why do you refer to a team that you root against as "our"?

graypilgrim

Starter

#38 : November 12, 2007, 09:38:55 PM

You know, I used to read these posts and think that some of the posters were being unfair to others - you know who you are - but after reading some of these, I sorta see what the others have been talking about.
Rice was a great DE, no question. BUT, and this is a big BUT, Rice was not, is not, will never be a team player. It was always about Rice. I seriously doubt he would have accepted the role of mentor to Adams or anyone else while his role was dimenished. He would have pouted and provided fodder to the scribes who would have salivated at his every word.
Rice gave us many great games and helped us win the Super Bowl. But he also made it very clear that he only thinks about himself, not the team. It was time for him to depart and not poison the locker room. As for only having "two hours to make up his mind", come on - he knew all along that he was not ready to play and so did the Bucs. I shed no tears about Rice, he played his game and he cashed every check, I do not think he is eating mac and cheese for dinner.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 12, 2007, 09:41:11 PM

Born, I think you and ghost need to put the "I'm a Buc fan, not a Gruden fan" in your sigs so you don't have to spout it three times daily. Gruden is the most accomplished Buc coach there has been like it or not. I support the Bucs which means supporting Gruden. Through thick and thin.  Just like I did Dungy. Gruden has made his mistakes just like every other coach in the league. No coach is perfect. One of your heroes Cowher took how many attempts in the playoffs to win a Superbowl? You don't want to answer that one. I think even more than Dungy.  Even Bellicheat had a 5-11 year with the Pats. I went through the Dungy years. I know of disappointment and two divisional titles with one Superbowl win combined with a promising year this year is not it.  Dungy helped bring the team out of mockery there is most certainly no denying that. But Dungy was not perfect either. Dungy's playcalling left much to be desired because he didn't have a Peyton then.  IMO the Bucs have a promising future. All of that cap money and hopefully another good draft. How could you be so disappointed? Griping about lost players that could of gotten hurt on any given play makes no sense. No one is a soothsayer. Keeping the same players is not always the answer.  Example was keeping the same team from 2005 into 2006.

Gruden has done a great job this year coaching around the injuries and I have read national writers say the same thing.  I don't use Ira Kaufman articles as my only sources.  I am critical of poor play and bad decisions when it becomes an issue.  No person in the organization is beyond that but you guys take it to a whole new level with Gruden.  He is not responsible for everything Buccaneer.  Every team has poor drafts.  Gruden doesn't fumble, pass, kick, or tackle.  He orchestrates a game plan to be followed. It must be executed.  I was critical of Kiffin over the third down/turnover/adjustment  problems there were a few weeks back. That changed and so did the outcome of the game against the Cards.  The offense has made mistakes, no denying that.  They have young players and older players adjusting to the system. They need a kick in the azz as well.  Still, this years offense is the most consistent I can remember. Even if we did not score every time they were supposed to. Who does?  All this with Garcia only being with the team for months not years like Simms. He needed years to get the playbook and I'm not sure he still gets it.  There is no sense in pointing out the injuries because how far in the depth we have gone speaks for itself.

Rice was not the solution to the Bucs DL problems this year.  There was not much available as far as I know.  We made a risk taking Adams and hopefully it works out. In the NFL risk=reward. Kiffin should be coach enough to teach Adams what he needs to know.   If we had not taken him someone surely would have.  Had we sold the farm for CJ everyone would of been all over that. I said I would say congrats to Simeon if he did well with Indy but it would of been ridiculous to pay him that much for little to no production for two years.    Rice was and may still be a wonderful player.  We will see and I hope he does well. It was the Bucs decision and they made it.  I look to the future. Nothing is going to bring him or the others back to the players they once were. It is a harsh reality that everyone faces. I wish I was 21 again. Won't make it so.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 12, 2007, 09:46:07 PM

Something tells me he will end up in the AFC Championship game... while we will be watching it.

What a dope.

How is Corpse a dope? We WILL be watching it won't we? Let's give the guy a little credit for his astuteness.

;D

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#41 : November 12, 2007, 09:47:12 PM

Bay.... good post. However I believe you are in the minority. I honestly believe that some of these folks are Gruden fans and refuse to see any of his faults. He isn't a good talent evaluator, he is a good mop up guy. He isn't good with young players on offense, and well.. if the QB isn't over 35, well he isn't any good with him. Some folks don't see that he is destroying this franchise, just like McKay started the trend, Gruden is only making it worse, because of the drafting and the FA and well... being a national embarrassment last year kicking a field goal to avoid a shutout. I have nothing personal against the man but alot of the posters have a very personal hatred for Dungy and a very odd love affair with Gruden.

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#42 : November 12, 2007, 09:55:20 PM

GrOw uP

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 12, 2007, 10:07:00 PM

Bay.... good post. However I believe you are in the minority. I honestly believe that some of these folks are Gruden fans and refuse to see any of his faults. He isn't a good talent evaluator, he is a good mop up guy. He isn't good with young players on offense, and well.. if the QB isn't over 35, well he isn't any good with him. Some folks don't see that he is destroying this franchise, just like McKay started the trend, Gruden is only making it worse, because of the drafting and the FA and well... being a national embarrassment last year kicking a field goal to avoid a shutout. I have nothing personal against the man but alot of the posters have a very personal hatred for Dungy and a very odd love affair with Gruden.

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dopeybucsfan

Practice Squad

#44 : November 12, 2007, 10:13:32 PM

From what I heard, he just going to be playing primarily during 3rd and long situations as a pass rusher, unlike Freeney who is an every down player.  Some guy named Charleston (I believe) filled in for Freeney when he went out.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools