Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 14, 2007, 12:00:22 PM

Just saw the Tampa Fox 13 sports report with Chip Carter. He had a piece on the Colts picking up Rice. He repeated the Rice comment that he, Rice, was playing out of position at LDE as a way of explaining why the Broncos and Rice parted ways. While Chip is talking, there are clips of Rice playing for the Broncs against the Bills. All of the plays shown in the clip are of Rice playing RDE.

Great job chip!
Show the man a fool!
Chip....chip....Horay

Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up. Unless, of course, you live on Planet Sim.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 14, 2007, 02:05:31 PM

Freeney is out for the season.  Simeon will get his chance to prove he is the "greatest pass rusher in the game" or whatever crap he spewed about himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3110140

acacius

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 14, 2007, 02:24:08 PM

I don't know, maybe he comes out and starts tearing things up again, but I find myself reminded of the time that the Colts signed Gramatica.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#93 : November 14, 2007, 07:00:58 PM

Hey ghost of alvin the chipmunk.....
Dude Whats the lottery numbers for next week.i mean seeing how you have the bucs loseing in the playoffs.
You have no way of knowing who makes the playoffs let alone who wins!
Lets play to make the second season and you just never know!
No true Buc fan would ever cheer for the team to lose!
You sir are a tool!

I am asking him a simple question.. for all I know Jeff Garcia gets hurt on the 1st offensive possession and we lost the rest of our games. I asked if he would happy with a home playoff loss to an inferior team? I don't quite know why you have any anger towards me, except for the fact that I think Gruden isn't the right guy. Sounds like you are the tool here, friend.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#94 : November 14, 2007, 10:30:11 PM

Except this long time Buc fan would never cheer against the boys in red!
You on the other hand cant say that!

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 14, 2007, 11:19:21 PM

Well.. I didn't expect you to be able to answer that question you moron.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 14, 2007, 11:35:05 PM

Ghost: better to lose a playoff game to an inferior opponent, than to never even sniff the Playoffs.  Only 12 teams make the playoffs, so unless we know for certain we can get a HC better than those 12, you don't fire the guy that got you there.

Freeney is out for the season. Simeon will get his chance to prove he is the "greatest pass rusher in the game" or whatever crap he spewed about himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3110140

Saddly, he was the "greatest pass rusher in the game" for quite a while, but he isn't willing to accept that "all things come to an end".  It is a shame that some great players try to deny the reality that we all grow older and time marches on.  I really wish more players of his caliber could go out like Elway or Bettis, but too many try to hang on too long fooling only themselves.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#97 : November 14, 2007, 11:37:31 PM

So... I guess losing a playoff game in the 1st round at home is acceptable to just about everyone here. Carl Peterson in Kansas City would love this fan base on the pewter report.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 15, 2007, 12:41:10 AM

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Robert Mathis-DL- Colts Nov. 14 - 7:11 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Colts would like to have Robert Mathis take over right end Dwight Freeney's right end starting spot, while using Simeon Rice on the left side of the line.

Rice has usually played on the right side in the past. It's more likely that Rice will be used as a passing down sub to begin, then possibly grow into a bigger role. Mathis might see fewer double teams as a weak-side end, but would be going up against better players (left offensive tackles).
Related: Simeon Rice, Josh Thomas 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#99 : November 15, 2007, 02:07:37 AM

Dwight is out for the year.

Looks like the pass rush took a huge blow.  Simeon will be lucky to gather 5 sacks at full time.  PRobably all of them come in two games.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#100 : November 15, 2007, 09:19:31 AM

I think Sim might settle down and keep a low profile in Indy. Even Sim must remember the old "fool me once, shame on you" saying. He has basically touted his all-worldness on the way out the door of two organizations in a matter of months. He has managed to fall into the clover by landing on a legit SB contender. He will have a chance to perform on a big stage, something that always gets Sim's attention. His shoulder should be getting better, barring re-injury. I think he has a chance to help the Colts.

I even think he could come back stronger next year with a full off-season to get healthier. He'll be 34 next year. Strahan will be 36 in a few days. No reason Sim can't recover a high percentage of his previous skills and make an impact somewhere as a situational pass rusher.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#101 : November 15, 2007, 05:11:21 PM

Is simeon signed by the colts for more than a year?  Methinks the bad Colts run defense is about to reemerge.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#102 : November 15, 2007, 05:16:03 PM

I simeon signed by the colts for more than a year? Methinks the bad Colts run defense is about to reemerge.

He is signed thru this year and is FA in 2008

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#103 : November 15, 2007, 07:00:38 PM

And if Simeon improves their run defense it will really be of note. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#104 : November 15, 2007, 10:36:30 PM

I meant he would make it worse I did use bad phrasing.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice to Indy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools