Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Brett Favre is the Greatest... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Favre4life

Practice Squad

: November 12, 2007, 08:39:03 PM

He is all that is holy to football.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 13, 2007, 01:39:46 AM

Indeed.

The man is awesome.

But when he is bad, which he has not been at all (suprisingly), he is the worst guy to have QBing your team.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2007, 08:31:32 AM

Agree.  When he is good, he is awesome...when he's bad, he's awesome.

On top of it, he's a total hottie.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 13, 2007, 01:12:45 PM

best thing about living in packer land is watching Favre the past 15 or so years.

the guy truely is magic, and a blast to watch.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 13, 2007, 01:42:29 PM

Maybe it's sacrilege, but of any player in the last 20 years I'd want to see on my team in his prime, it's Favre.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 13, 2007, 01:51:58 PM

Favre is the man....its funny I was having a football talk with a friend before the season started and he promised me that Favre is washed up and the packers won't come anywhere near the playoffs and the Saints were gonna win 12+ games and be the #1 NFC seed in the playoffs...........boy was he wrong.

Balls Out

Starter
#6 : November 13, 2007, 01:59:16 PM

Maybe it's sacrilege, but of any player in the last 20 years I'd want to see on my team in his prime, it's Favre.

I'm pretty sure I heard on Sirius that his numbers so far this year are better than when he was in his prime....

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 13, 2007, 02:04:43 PM

I'm pretty sure I heard on Sirius that his numbers so far this year are better than when he was in his prime....

That is pretty awesome.

I was just thinking about the times when him and Sapp had that great rivalry going. Put him on those late 90's Buc teams and how good would we have been?..

#8 : November 13, 2007, 04:45:52 PM

Brett Favre is my all time favorite QB. There is nothing to not like about him. He is simply the man. The season he is having is just plain heroic. Over the past few seasons, it seemed that he was going down with the ship, and I really felt for him. This year, however, he has come out guns blazing and putting forth an epic stand.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 13, 2007, 05:19:55 PM

Too bad he isn't the greatest qb of all time,sorry Marino is better

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#10 : November 13, 2007, 07:32:42 PM

Favre is the most over-rated QB of all time. Yeah, he's great when it doesn't really matter, against the weaker teams. But when it really matters, he's too crazy. Montana, Young, Brady, Bart Starr, the truly GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP QB's never throw 6 int's in a playoff game. Dorsey Levens was on local radio last year and had just retired and finally spoke about the Super Bowl against Denver. He said that Holmgren was trying to get Favre an MVP and kept throwing the ball in spite of the fact that they were running the ball at 5-6 yrds per carry. He said all the players and asst coaches were screaming at Holmgren to run the d*mn ball. He said that loss still sticks in his craw because of it. Favre's only ring came cuz of a Reggie White led D and a hell of a kick returner who WON THE MVP in the SB!

I live in Packerland too and follow them closely. He's a hypocrite and a media hound and loves the spotlight when things are good and shuns it when things are bad. The year before they drafted Rogers, he ended the season by **CENSORED**ing about his teammates and said that not everyone on the team took it seriously enough. Then they drafted Rodgers and he came into camp in the best shape of his life. And he admitted that he wasn't in good enough shape the season before.

He took a management position publicly against his best receiver and then cried when they didn't get Moss cuz he didn't have enough weapons. I could go on an on, but the guy loves to show this public personna of bein' just a good ol' boy. But IMHO, he's a big flake and hypocrite on everything from his play to his personal life.  Blast me if you like but I think he's better as an over-rated flake and a showman than he is as a Championship QB.

#11 : November 13, 2007, 07:37:54 PM

I would love to see some hard evidence of all these claims you make.
Oh and btw, Brady threw 3 ints in a playoff loss to Denver, and I believe 2 of them were in the red zone.
That same Brady threw an int while trying to lead a game winning drive against Indy in the AFCCG last year
My point is, not matter how good a qb you are, no one is perfect, you are gonna make mistakes.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 13, 2007, 07:39:02 PM

Too bad he isn't the greatest qb of all time,sorry Marino is better

sorry, but you are flat out wrong...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 13, 2007, 07:40:46 PM

maybe that would be the wrong thing to say if we were still in the packer's division, but since we left, I have a hard time disliking Favre.

When he was in our division, I rooted against him on a regular basis, and was usually pretty disappointed, now when I watch the guy, I have to root for him...

He is the best QB I have persoanlly ever seen play the game.

#14 : November 13, 2007, 07:41:09 PM

Brett Favre plays the game right, and he does it with great enthusiasm. He has been through more in his life than you will ever go through in yours, Kidd, all the while never missing a game and remaining an icon for that city.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Brett Favre is the Greatest... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools