Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Important Game For Grads... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 16, 2006, 12:26:42 PM

In my estimation this is an extremely important game for Gradkowski. We are at home and playing a team that we SHOULD beat. The Skins have THE worst pass defense in the NFL, things should be open to run and throw. This will be his 7th start as a QB and I am crossing my fingers that things go well agianst the Redskins. I'm calling this a statement game for Gradkowski and the WR's. Clayton has to get seperation and Gallowy, Clayton and Smith have to use 2 hands and catch the freaking ball.

If things go bad in this game for Gradkowski I'm afraid that if he can't get it done against the Skins pass defense then he just can't get it done. We should be able to have more room to run because I'm sure they will try to helpout somewhat regarding the pass defense. I look for some PA's, slow the rush down and throwing the ball, sorta like what we did against the Panthers. I think Grads has his best game. Not sure about the stats but this should be a game that Gruden, Grads and the WR's should be begging for. The worst pass defense in the NFL, we should be able to make some plays.

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 16, 2006, 12:38:49 PM

I think you're way off-base. To have the 7th game of any rookie player, especially a QB, define his career as a Buc is just insane. You don't like Grads, it's been laid out in many of your posts. It's fine to have that opinion but don't let your high expectations of this game mess you up kind of like the high expectations of the team at the begining of the year.

The Bucs should win because the Skins have a rookie QB starting his first game in Ray Jay, a place that hasn't been kind to rookie QB's. Grads and the offense should have success. Having this game after going against the best DE in football will make the Skins d-line look JV.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 16, 2006, 12:43:06 PM

I dont think I ever mentioned this game would define his career did I? If I did let me know.

I did say that I think this is a statement game because for the first time this year we are playing against a defense with a glaring weakness. Other than the Bengals, this defense has some bigtime holes in the secondary. I think that being 7 games in and seeing Gradkowski play every game that he should and will have a good game.

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 16, 2006, 12:47:32 PM

I dont think I ever mentioned this game would define his career did I? If I did let me know.

I did say that I think this is a statement game because for the first time this year we are playing against a defense with a glaring weakness. Other than the Bengals, this defense has some bigtime holes in the secondary. I think that being 7 games in and seeing Gradkowski play every game that he should and will have a good game.

He's never seen the looks first hand that the Skins are going to delpoy. Being a rookie QB there isn't a game that should be easier than others, he hasn't plyed against this defense. I understand what you're saying but Grads is a rookie, I'm tired of saying that but it is what it is.

He SHOULD have a good game but rookie's are spastic in their performance. That's why it's so hard to tell what's going to happen. Just don't let this game tell you weather he can do it or not. Let the entire body of work tell you that.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 16, 2006, 12:51:41 PM

Yeah I see your point. I am saying that considering the other defenses we have faced from the DL to the secondary this will be a game where we can have some success and make some plays. Target some people like carlos rogers. I'm not trying to set Grads up for failure, if that is the way you are taking this.

I know, hell he could throw 5 picks, anything could happen but I am hoping for a little glimpse here of what he can do and I think that this game sets up well for him considering the defense we are facing, that is all.

Baghead #2

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 16, 2006, 12:53:47 PM

This is probably the best chance for a "breakout" game he's gonna have this year.  The key is gonna be (what else)  the line.  They've got a chance agains a bad Dline to give the kid the time without going maxpro.  With lots of target's he'd have ample opportunity to make plays. 

I agree it's an important game.  this team NEEDS a strong win, a game where they hit on all cylinders, and hopefully our fellow cellar-dweller is just what the doc ordered.  A good win would boost everyones confidence on the team, and more importantly, teach them...

When you make a mistake you only learn one more way to NOT do something.  You only have to learn how to do it right once.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 16, 2006, 12:54:31 PM

In my estimation this is an extremely important game for Gradkowski.

Well thank god your estimation counts for nada.  >:(

If things go bad in this game for Gradkowski I'm afraid that if he can't get it done against the Skins pass defense then he just can't get it done.

Here is you secret agenda, you WANT him to fail.   [banghead]

Grads is a 1st year rookie, and there are zero expectations against any opposition.  He is learning the play-book, getting and understanding with his teammates, and dealing with a few injuries now.  Grads stays in the starters spot until the end of the season, and come training camp it will most likely be his job to lose.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 16, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

This may be a make or break game for Gruden.  A loss against the Skins and then a loss with a short week to the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day would put the Bucs 0-3 the second half of the season and 0-3 for quarter 3.  Basically the Bucs would be 2-10 at that point I think Gruden's job may be in jeopardy at the end of this year not next if he can not muster 2-3 wins to finish the year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 16, 2006, 01:00:02 PM

This may be a make or break game for Gruden. A loss against the Skins and then a loss with a short week to the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day would put the Bucs 0-3 the second half of the season and 0-3 for quarter 3. Basically the Bucs would be 2-10 at that point I think Gruden's job may be in jeopardy at the end of this year not next if he can not muster 2-3 wins to finish the year.

No it won't ADW. You can click your heels three times and hope that happens but Gruden's got another year after this no matter what happens this year. Bet on it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 16, 2006, 01:00:30 PM

Basically the Bucs would be 2-10 at that point I think Gruden's job may be in jeopardy at the end of this year not next if he can not muster 2-3 wins to finish the year.

Gruden's job is secure for 2007 regardless of this years results.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 16, 2006, 01:03:44 PM

the redskins right now are looking like the worst team we'll face at home. i also hope grads capitalizes

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 16, 2006, 01:05:30 PM

In my estimation this is an extremely important game for Gradkowski.

Well thank god your estimation counts for nada.  >:(

If things go bad in this game for Gradkowski I'm afraid that if he can't get it done against the Skins pass defense then he just can't get it done.

Here is you secret agenda, you WANT him to fail.   [banghead]

Grads is a 1st year rookie, and there are zero expectations against any opposition.  He is learning the play-book, getting and understanding with his teammates, and dealing with a few injuries now.  Grads stays in the starters spot until the end of the season, and come training camp it will most likely be his job to lose.

LOL, some people man, some people, odd.........Hey go psycho analyze the coach MJS whiley our hot...

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 16, 2006, 01:06:46 PM

Basically the Bucs would be 2-10 at that point I think Gruden's job may be in jeopardy at the end of this year not next if he can not muster 2-3 wins to finish the year.

Hey dude, while your at it, tell us how Gradkowski will be playing in 2010....

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 16, 2006, 01:09:50 PM

Hey dude, while your at it, tell us how Gradkowski will be playing in 2010....

Gruden's job is secure, there's no doubt. The owners would've never paid the $$$ or draft picks for this coach if they didn't believe in him. There's too much invested to just yank him in the middle of REBUILDING this team.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 16, 2006, 01:10:54 PM

LOL, some people man, some people, odd.........Hey go psycho analyze the coach MJS whiley our hot...

Well, we are going from thread to thread on Simms, Grads, QBs, FA, Deep balls, etc etc, and the same **CENSORED**s are just taking every opportunity to bash a rookie QB and rush to proclaim him a bust or natural born back-up.

I have never liked Simms, BUT when he was in last season I ACCEPTED there would be growing pains, and didn't bash him DURING the season.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride, because Grads is the starter for the next 7 games, and most likely beyond.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Important Game For Grads... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools