Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zogby: Ron Paul Could Get 15%-18% in New Hampshire « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: November 16, 2007, 12:53:53 AM

Hannity must be scared to death. Gotta love it...

Nice jump in the polls for Paul.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZmVkNGYwYzA1ZmJhMDBjOTAxN2IyZjc2YzEwOGUxZjk=

Zogby Predicts Ron Paul Could Get 15 to 18 Percent in New Hampshire

On the Sean Hannity radio program, pollster John Zogby said that Texas Congressman Ron Paul could end up surprising the field - and "embarass a lot of the frontrunners" by wildly exceeding expectations taking 15 to 18 percent in the New Hampshire primary.

An incredulous Hannity asked, "You don't see any chance he wins this thing, do you?" Zogby said no.

A Zogby poll in September found Paul with 3 percent of the vote. Three recent polls - St. Anselm, Marist, and the Globe/University of New Hampshire have put Paul at 7 percent.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 16, 2007, 01:20:17 AM

who cares he still will lose. When it goes to SC he will get 1%

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 16, 2007, 01:56:13 AM

who cares he still will lose.

They said the same thing about Arizona.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You know, if the MSM starting covering Paul like he was on equal footing with the others,
I would imagine his numbers would be even higher.

I am stating to get a little hope. Yeah, he'll probably lose. But a tiny part of me is waiting
to see if he takes off with consistent double digit numbers.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 16, 2007, 02:01:13 AM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You know, if the MSM starting covering Paul like he was on equal footing with the others,

I am stating to get a little hope. Yeah, he'll probably lose. But a tiny part of me is waiting

Ya any team loses with the POY, and the drop balls and the injuries Oregon has. But were 2 games away from Pac-10 champs. Cant be mad. Oregon has the classiest QB.

I personally lose interest in the 08 elections more and more. Ive decided if it isnt Thompson Im sitting on. I look at the group and Im starting to hate them all

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 16, 2007, 02:54:20 AM

Like I said....the reason he can do well in New Hampshire is because it is an "open" state.... meaning that independants can vote for the GOP primary.

Iowa and Nevada are a caucus so he stands practically no chance in either of those states. Florida and South Carolina are both "closed" states meaning only registered Republicans can vote for Ron Paul. So if you are a registered independant....your ballot wont have either the GOP or Democrat primaries. That's why many people will not leave the two political parties...you lose your voice in the primaries unless you are a member of a party.

So, he'll do well in NH. But that's it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 16, 2007, 12:42:56 PM

Like I said....the reason he can do well in New Hampshire is because it is an "open" state.... meaning that independants can vote for the GOP primary.

Iowa and Nevada are a caucus so he stands practically no chance in either of those states. Florida and South Carolina are both "closed" states meaning only registered Republicans can vote for Ron Paul. So if you are a registered independant....your ballot wont have either the GOP or Democrat primaries. That's why many people will not leave the two political parties...you lose your voice in the primaries unless you are a member of a party.

So, he'll do well in NH. But that's it.

How does the caucus thing work?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/11/odds-improving-.html

Odds long but improving for Thompson, Paul in Nevada

LAS VEGAS -- Ron Paul and Fred Thompson have seen strong gains in a recent Zogby poll here, but they still have a long way to go.  And the poll has some bad news for Rudy Giuliani -- an erosion of support from 37% to 28% since the last Zogby poll here in April, though he still leads Mitt Romney by 8 percentage points.

Thompson's numbers climbed from 7% to 13%, and Paul saw a gain from 1% to 7%.  Interestingly, Paul has a bit of a gender gap here -- 12% support among Republican men and 2% among Republican women.

With a year to go, I wouldn't count him out yet. He's already surprised the heck out of me.
If he runs as an indie, I think he'll make some big waves and force the other candidates
to adopt some of his stances. We'll see. At the very least, he makes this so much more
interesting than then normal crap that we hear during these things.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 16, 2007, 04:38:19 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ya any team loses with the POY, and the drop balls and the injuries Oregon has. But were 2 games away from Pac-10 champs. Cant be mad. Oregon has the classiest QB.

I personally lose interest in the 08 elections more and more. Ive decided if it isnt Thompson Im sitting on. I look at the group and Im starting to hate them all

OBF have you checked out Huckerbee?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 16, 2007, 08:21:53 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

OBF have you checked out Huckerbee?

ya and when I read hes raised more taxes then Clinton as governor of Arkansas I decided no thanks. Big govt republican like Bush Im done with those kinds

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : November 16, 2007, 09:03:48 PM

whack job.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 16, 2007, 09:32:47 PM

whack job.

Don't be so tough on OBF. He's been here a long time.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 16, 2007, 09:56:27 PM

whack job.

That was towards you and your 9/11 stories... oh also Ron Paul ;)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 16, 2007, 09:57:47 PM

Huckabee loves taxes

Fred or sitting out for me

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 16, 2007, 10:09:55 PM

whack job.

Ya think? Nah, I think oma is a closet Paul groupie and 911 truther.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 16, 2007, 11:54:17 PM

whack job.

Ya think? Nah, I think oma is a closet Paul groupie and 911 truther.

hahaha. Ya I think the 9/11/Ron Paul people are the mainstreamers

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 17, 2007, 12:02:28 AM

Huckabee loves taxes

Fred or sitting out for me

Huckerbee is for the Fair Tax. That kinda eliminates all other taxes.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zogby: Ron Paul Could Get 15%-18% in New Hampshire « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools